Author Topic: Official Missouri Regrets leaving Big 12 but Tries Really Hard to Justify Thread  (Read 216697 times)

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
Deaton Out

Thoughts?

I think he looks kind of like Garrison Keillor

Except less droopy? 
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Who's Deaton (again?)?

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
random, but Mike DeArmond quit twitter today.  :frown:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
Who's Deaton (again?)?
Some guy that wants out of that Mizzou crap hole before it gets really bad.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
random, but Mike DeArmond quit twitter today.  :frown:

I bet he quit exercising and decided it would be easier to quit twitter than to carry on a lie.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Folks I've gathered from Tigerboard that they just couldn't be happier than being in the SEC.

They're going to be a lot like Mississippi State.   Decades and decades between major sports conference championships but at the forefront of waving the SEC flag around.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
Folks I've gathered from Tigerboard that they just couldn't be happier than being in the SEC.

They're going to be a lot like Mississippi State.   Decades and decades between major sports conference championships but at the forefront of waving the SEC flag around.
Yeah, the SEC really has it going on. You gotta hand it to 'em. I mean, if you're a good school, you get all the glory that a premier school can get. If you're a shitty school, you live vicariously through the prestigious schools. It's a win/win for everyone.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile

Yeah, the SEC really has it going on. You gotta hand it to 'em. I mean, if you're a good school, you get all the glory that a premier school can get. If you're a shitty school, you live vicariously through the prestigious schools. It's a win/win for everyone.

Something they can definitely call "their own" you know?
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
MU will forever have the arguing point of "2012 Bama could have beaten your team this year".  It's a wonderful thing to have and almost as good as actually having your own school be really good.

Offline MadCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
"We're tough because we get our crap pushed in."

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
It's more of a "my big bro could beat up your big bro" argument only even more pathetic because there isn't any birthplace/age reason that MU is so much shittier than most of the SEC.  They just haven't applied themselves the same as the rest of the SEC and therefore suck even though they have the same opportunity to go out and get as good as they can.  They have chosen what they are and evidently just dropped Deaton because that isn't good enough. 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Like I've said before.   Now that mu is in the SEC, they're really going to try hard now.   When they were in the Big 12, they just didn't really try all that hard.

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
Your slipping Gary.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/mizzou/eye-on-the-tigers/mizzou-linebacker-boozer-booted-off-team/article_acd8b27f-dca1-5f11-9b53-54e47e81e85f.html

Boozer is the third player from Mizzou’s 2012 freshman class to be kicked off the team, following tight end Brandon Holifield and defensive back Ka’ra Stewart. Holifield was dismissed for violating team rules shortly before being arrested for marijuana possession in November.
@lopakman

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Your slipping Gary.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/mizzou/eye-on-the-tigers/mizzou-linebacker-boozer-booted-off-team/article_acd8b27f-dca1-5f11-9b53-54e47e81e85f.html

Boozer is the third player from Mizzou’s 2012 freshman class to be kicked off the team, following tight end Brandon Holifield and defensive back Ka’ra Stewart. Holifield was dismissed for violating team rules shortly before being arrested for marijuana possession in November.

Has to be using the "rules are rules..." line as an escape door from a shitty player's scholarship.  I mean, no one gets kicked for weed.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
If Miss State happens to win the CWS, Tigerboard is gonna party like it's 1999.   Funny how they never cheered for Big 12 teams playing for all the marbles while they sat at home.

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
If Miss State happens to win the CWS, Tigerboard is gonna party like it's 1999.   Funny how they never cheered for Big 12 teams playing for all the marbles while they sat at home.

The amount of threads they have comparing the SEC's greatness to the Big 12 is ridiculous. They talk about how great the SEC is more than they talk about their own team.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
Moo never could quite get there, could they?  I miss having them around simply because they were another fan base that couldn't stand the self-entitled Kansas fan base.  And now they're having an entirely different group of universities pushing their crap in.  Sad that they have to celebrate that.   :blank:

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
They're basically like that walk-on at the end of the bench going ape crap when the real players are winning games. 

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
Mizzou is like your methed out cousin who you only see during family holidays. Every christmas he shows up touting his new get rich quick scheme and tells everyone big things are around the corner. Then one year he doesnt show up and your parents have to tell you he got fed up and moved to a trailer park in Alabama. Sure he never really did anything productive and never got you any presents but he was family and you miss him.

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
Guys I'm really enjoying all these Mizzou analogies.  Keep it going.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
They're the fat bridesmaid with the hot bridesmaids, and believe that they're hot because they are in a group that all the guys look at and try to impress.   

Offline MadCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Mizzou is more like a simile than it is similar to either an analogy or metaphor. 

EDIT: I mean a simile that lives in a trailer park.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
They're basically like that walk-on at the end of the bench going ape crap when the real players are winning games.

Invisible cereal for all!

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Guys I'm really enjoying all these Mizzou analogies.  Keep it going.

yup v funny turn in the thread.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
This was an analogy I made in April of last year. I only missed the Fiesta Bowl predicto by a hair  :bawl:

you guys can keep being enemies with your ex girlfriends to your own detriment all you want.  but keep that crap in your own personal lives.  when it comes to what's best for kstate I'd appreciate it if you would not be bitter dumbasses that hate the girl that dumped you for your entire lives. 

So you're suggesting everyone should have once-a-year hook-ups with their ex-girlfriends?

Mizzou is like an awkward run in at the mall when both of you try and be nice while still bragging about how much better off you are.

K-State: "Oh hey Mizzou. Is that shirt new? I like it."
Mizzou: "Oh... Hey, K-State. Umm yeah, the SEC bought it for me..."
K-State: "Oh yeah, I'd heard you found someone else. How is that?"
Mizzou: "It's good! Really good.  We went 5-7 in football, just trying to take it slow, ya know?"
K-State: "Oh yeah, totally.  We're just laying low, enjoying our new Fiesta Bowl trophy."
Mizzou: "Good for you! I'm happy for you, I really am. Welp, I better be going now, but it was SO good to see you."
K-State: "Yeah! Good to catch up! Bye!" (mutters under breath while walking away) "crazy bitch."