Author Topic: Official Missouri Regrets leaving Big 12 but Tries Really Hard to Justify Thread  (Read 213466 times)

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
I don't think I'm even viewing that board right... Do you honestly have to click on each message to read whole post?  :dunno:

That's what everyone thinks at first, but then you soon realize that it actually IS that shitty.

Are they taking donations so they can have a better messageboard? I feel sad for them.  :cry:
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I don't think I'm even viewing that board right... Do you honestly have to click on each message to read whole post?  :dunno:

That's what everyone thinks at first, but then you soon realize that it actually IS that shitty.

Are they taking donations so they can have a better messageboard? I feel sad for them.  :cry:
They'll just run down to the liquor store and booze up on the proceeds. Don't encourage them.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Goodnes, it suddenly got super judgy in here.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
I just love these losers:

SEC Southern Hospitality
Posted on: May 31, 2012 at 09:28:19 CT
El Zorro MU
Member For:
8.60 yrs
Level:
User
M.O.B. Votes:
I continue to be amazed at the hospitality of the SEC folks that I run into (I know, I know, until they get us on the football field.).

I'm in Tupelo, MS. I held the door for an older man and his wife to get on the elevator - we started chatting (I was getting ready to work out and had my Mizzou gear on) and come to find out, he and his wife are from Tennessee and are avid Vol fans. They immediately said "Welcome" when I said I was from Missouri and said "We already know all about your team". I mentioned I was at the Volunteer Spring game and he said so were they.

He asked me to wait in the lobby and he came back in, gave me his contact information and proceeded to draw out a map on a napkin showing me exactly where his tailgate was for Tennessee home games. He and his wife said they would like my wife and I to stop by and have a few drinks with them before the game. He also asked about tickets (I said I always find them at the game) and he said he was going to call a friend who had a spare pair if I was interested.

But these people couldn't have been nicer. I'm running into that throughout the south. I loved the SEC move from the beginning and didn't think it possible, but I'm loving it more every day.

He's at it again:

SEC Southern Hospitality - Part 3
Posted on: August 4, 2014 at 19:01:27 CT
El Zorro MU

Member For:10.78 yrs
Level:User
M.O.B. Votes:0
I previously mentioned (2 years ago) that I ran into a couple on an elevator in a Best Western in Tupelo, MS - I had on my Mizzou shirt - they said "Welcome to the SEC" and they proceeded to tell me they were Tennessee fans - went to all of the games - and we get to the ground floor and they have me come over to a table and they write down on a napkin their phone numbers and drew a map showing me where their tail gate was at Knoxville.

They also put me in touch with someone in the Athletic Ticket Office who got me 4 tickets to the Mizzou / TN game 2 years ago.

Their tailgate location was awesome - right between the basketball arena and Neyland Stadium.

They came to Mizzou last year and once again, we got together before the game at a tailgate.

And they're sending my wife and me Christmas cards.

So I called my Tennessee buddy today to tell him I'm looking forward to seeing him in November.

Not only does he encourage me to call his friend in the ticket office to get any tickets I need, but he encourages me to come over for the Bama and Florida games in October - he can get us tickets.

And he mentions he has a condo in the mountains 40 minutes from Neyland and my wife and I should come over on Friday night - do some pre partying - go to the game on Saturday - and then play golf on Sunday.

I met this guy and his wife in an elevator in Best Western in Tupelo, MS.

Just another benefit of the SEC - southern hospitality!

Offline bshea85

• B.S. Esq.
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
And he mentions he has a condo in the mountains 40 minutes from Neyland and my wife and I should come over on Friday night - do some pre partying...

My goodness, why do I get the feeling something awful is going to happen to that man and his wife?

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
And he mentions he has a condo in the mountains 40 minutes from Neyland and my wife and I should come over on Friday night - do some pre partying...

My goodness, why do I get the feeling something awful is going to happen to that man and his wife?

I was just thinking the man and his wife are unknowingly walking into one of these:
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

I was just thinking the man and his wife are unknowingly walking into one of these:

He's going to enjoy it, though.

Offline bshea85

• B.S. Esq.
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile

He's going to enjoy it, though.

I was thinking the exact same thing.  Gotta love that Southern Hospitality.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
I wasn't thinking that at all. you guys are weird.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
40 miles from Knoxville . . . is like Deliverance Country.

Burt Reynolds is old, so I don't see him coming to save the day.

:ohno:

Offline bshea85

• B.S. Esq.
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile

So you're thinking of this kind of scenario? 
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 02:09:43 PM by bshea85 »

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile

Let keep Katdaddy out of this perversion(sexual behavior or desire that is considered abnormal or unacceptable).  :horrorsurprise:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline MouseRat

• Mall Santa/Amateur Surgeon
  • Point Plank'r
  • Combo-Fan
  • Pound £*#%ing sand!
    • View Profile

Let keep Katdaddy out of this perversion(sexual behavior or desire that is considered abnormal or unacceptable).  :horrorsurprise:
Tennessee and GA are ok.  Once you get into VA, KY, and WV it gets a little inbread and rapey.
I’ve started to kind of hate people, and it’s not because I have anything against them. It’s just, I enjoy it. It’s recreation.
-Louis C.K.

Offline Missouriscribe

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile

That golf outing is going to be very awkward.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
Get the eff out of here bshea

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/campus-corner/article1153397.html

Wish we could be this elite, SEC is really paying off for the Tigers.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/campus-corner/article1153397.html

Wish we could be this elite, SEC is really paying off for the Tigers.

Not gonna lie, I'm jelly of their Jello

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I'm not sure if I've ever had lemon Jell-O®

Offline bshea85

• B.S. Esq.
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor