Author Topic: Official Missouri Regrets leaving Big 12 but Tries Really Hard to Justify Thread  (Read 213570 times)

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
LOL

What happens first?

a) Royals go .500 or better
b) Chiefs win a playoff game
c) Notre Dame plays at ISU, kU or KSU

It's killing them slowly.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
LOL

What happens first?

a) Royals go .500 or better
b) Chiefs win a playoff game
c) Notre Dame plays at ISU, kU or KSU

It's killing them slowly.

Survey says?

a (nm) - phrejd KC - 6/1/12 15:32:52
     Chiefs, no contest. (nm) - mizzouSECedes MU - 6/1/12 15:27:27
     Royals go .500 or better (nm) - kmawv8 KC - 6/1/12 15:26:46
     b then a then d (nm) - RememberQuantrill MU [10,000 Posts] - 6/1/12 15:26:31

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
I've had a Great Pyrenees and a German Shepherd and love them both dearly (the first one's dead now), but if they bit my or any other child for ANY reason, I would unhappily yet quickly march them into the back yard and put one in their brain.

Any dog can turn. Any dog. Be careful.

great post and an important reminder.  it's not just dogs, either.  cats, horses, hamsters, people.  always be ready (mentally as well as physically).
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Advertising for season tickets.

Why with the SEC move I would have though they'd already be at SRO.

Tigerboard talks about how they're going to be filling 80,000 plus seats now that they're in the SEC.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile

Tigerboard talks about how they're going to be filling 80,000 plus seats now that they're in the SEC.
That advertisement is probably being run in Tuscaloosa papers.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile

Some on Tigerboard are stating these are sold out.  Also, that SEC fans will buy season tickets just to get the one game they play in.

Lolz

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Big 12 Conference 2011-12 Bylaws

http://www.big12sports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=10410&ATCLID=205435670&SPID=13138&SPSID=106137

Section 2.3.2 covers equal distribution of all net distributable revenues. There is some very odd language about individual members being able to sign side deals with the Conference agreeing to lower amounts.

I assume that kU, KSU and ISU have all signed side letters agreeing to lower amounts which allows the Conference to publicize one number and actually distribute another. But I could be wrong.

:facepalm:

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
This is getting bad.  I've seen multiple posts lately accusing KU employees calling into radio shows to badmouth MU. 

Sounds about right.

There's a reason why ku athletic department employees are calling radio shows and bad-mouthing MU. They obviously can't bad-mouth Texas, and MU is the next easiest target. They know their situation compared to MU's and they aren't happy about it, and there's nothing they can do about it except be bitter.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
You can tell they are very insecure about WVU taking their place.  Like an ex-girlfriend making fun of the new, hotter girlfriend.

Holgerson can't wait to go on a drinking binge in big 12 country.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The Big 12 is as dysfunctional
Posted on: June 5, 2012 at 14:55:12 CT
Catty-Wumpus SEC

as ever. Things like that take many years to correct. There won't be enough time for that conference to work out their many problems before a few big dogs leave.

All you're seeing and reading now is Texas trying to polish the t*rd in order to put themselves in a better light come time for them to move on.

There has not been ANY PROOF that a signing away of rights has ever taken place. And there never will be. It's all smoke and mirrors designed to confuse the simple minded and lazy media such as KK. Then such media can carry the torch for the Big 12.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
How does WV rank in meth production?  :dunno:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
The Big 12 is as dysfunctional
Posted on: June 5, 2012 at 14:55:12 CT
Catty-Wumpus SEC

as ever. Things like that take many years to correct. There won't be enough time for that conference to work out their many problems before a few big dogs leave.

All you're seeing and reading now is Texas trying to polish the t*rd in order to put themselves in a better light come time for them to move on.

There has not been ANY PROOF that a signing away of rights has ever taken place. And there never will be. It's all smoke and mirrors designed to confuse the simple minded and lazy media such as KK. Then such media can carry the torch for the Big 12.

LOL that Texas needs to make the conf look good in order to move on.

Also, LOL that anyone would benefit from the conf looking better before texas left.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
This "show me a signed grant of rights deal" is like the SEC version of birthers bitching about Obama's Hawaii birth certificate. 

What losers.

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile

$269!

That home schedule isn't even that great. Only Bama and Georgia are worth going to and the rest absolutely suck.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
did not know they were playing syracuse in november. that's weird.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
The whole Texas rationale from an MU perspective still remains so odd and perplexing to me. I get the whole groupthink mentality from them, but it's still incredibly fascinating to see what they've convinced themselves of.

I mean, if there was one school on similar competitive footing that should actually believe they are being slighted and taken advantage of it's OU.  Yet, they have aligned themselves with UT every step of the way.

Just don't get it.
Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
The whole Texas rationale from an MU perspective still remains so odd and perplexing to me. I get the whole groupthink mentality from them, but it's still incredibly fascinating to see what they've convinced themselves of.

I mean, if there was one school on similar competitive footing that should actually believe they are being slighted and taken advantage of it's OU.  Yet, they have aligned themselves with UT every step of the way.

Just don't get it.

their Texas complex is very weird

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile

Just don't get it.

their Texas complex is very weird

It is incredible.  UT doesn't give Mu a second thought yet MU stays up late at night cutting up pictures of UT or parked in front of UT's house.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
and then constantly calls UT's new girlfriend to tell them UT will break up with them in the near future

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
and then constantly calls UT's new girlfriend to tell them UT will break up with them in the near future

And tells her that the huge diamond UT just gave her is fake and demands to see the jeweler's certification that it isn't.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
LHC Bill Snyder is denying a kid's transfer request
Posted on: June 15, 2012 at 09:44:31 CT
TigerJackSwartz MU
Member For:
4.36 yrs
Level:
User
M.O.B. Votes:
I know this is Big XII, but we do recruit against these schmucks, and though we routinely kick their ass on the recruiting trail, it is still good to get information like this out there for recruits to know about.

Interestingly, kU and fat Weis got kicked in gnads all over town by the media regarding the Berglund denial of transfer. Would be nice if the media picked this up too.

http://www.kansas.com/2012/06/14/2373757/lineman-foketi-says-k-state-wont.html

Recruits - beware, Snyder may seem like a cuddly old man in a diaper who just has a keen football sense, but in reality he is a first class a-hole who will not do right by you in a time of need.

LOL   :love:

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
In response to Chip's recent post:
It just doesn't add up....

No school outside of Texas in the Big 12 has the clout and audience to build a network of their own. OU is a football power, but the state of Oklahoma is tiny and I doubt Dallas is picking up the Boomer Sooner network on standard cable.

Further, none of these stand alone networks will flourish without A LOT of premium content (i.e. games). Therefore the Longhorn Network needs teams to play them on their network in order to make it work. Thus, Iowa State, KSU, Texas Tech, etc will NEVER be able to build their own thriving tier 3 networks.

Once this reality hits Texas Tech, Baylor, Iowa State, KSU, OSU, TCU, WVA, and even KU there will be an outright revolt in the Big 12. The end game in all of this will be Texas going Independent OR joining up with the PAC to take advantage of their massive TV markets.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
In response to Chip's recent post:
It just doesn't add up....

No school outside of Texas in the Big 12 has the clout and audience to build a network of their own. OU is a football power, but the state of Oklahoma is tiny and I doubt Dallas is picking up the Boomer Sooner network on standard cable.

Further, none of these stand alone networks will flourish without A LOT of premium content (i.e. games). Therefore the Longhorn Network needs teams to play them on their network in order to make it work. Thus, Iowa State, KSU, Texas Tech, etc will NEVER be able to build their own thriving tier 3 networks.

Once this reality hits Texas Tech, Baylor, Iowa State, KSU, OSU, TCU, WVA, and even KU there will be an outright revolt in the Big 12. The end game in all of this will be Texas going Independent OR joining up with the PAC to take advantage of their massive TV markets.

Longhorn But-hurt!!!

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Please excuse me while I whip this* out.

*kstatehd.tv