Author Topic: The Whiskey Thread  (Read 60640 times)

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Katpak'r
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
Re: The Whiskey Thread
« Reply #800 on: March 26, 2021, 07:40:11 AM »
I cannot fathom enjoying whiskey "tasting." 

I don't drink whiskey anymore, but when I did I'd wager that I drank more of it than most of this blog put together.  It all tastes like crap.  All of it.  If it didn't eff me up, I would have never drank it.  All whiskey also tasted better with Diet Coke mixed with it, except Scotch.  That tasted like crap in Diet Coke too.

Now that I don't drink anymore, if someone came up to me and handed me a whiskey that allegedly tasted like the finest whiskey in the world, but it contained zero intoxicants, there is zero chance in the world that I would drink it.  LOL.
I dabble in a little bit of everything. I've thought about which I would miss most if I ever gave up hooch. Beer and wine are obvious but there are some decent NA alternatives. Whiskey is the only spirit that I would legitimately miss the taste of.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: March 26, 2021, 10:29:17 AM »

I don't drink whiskey anymore, but when I did I'd wager that I drank more of it than most of this blog put together.  It all tastes like crap.  All of it.  If it didn't eff me up, I would have never drank it.  All whiskey also tasted better with Diet Coke mixed with it, except Scotch.  That tasted like crap in Diet Coke too.

Now that I don't drink anymore, if someone came up to me and handed me a whiskey that allegedly tasted like the finest whiskey in the world, but it contained zero intoxicants, there is zero chance in the world that I would drink it.  LOL.
I dabble in a little bit of everything. I've thought about which I would miss most if I ever gave up hooch. Beer and wine are obvious but there are some decent NA alternatives. Whiskey is the only spirit that I would legitimately miss the taste of.

I was similar and drank all types, but missed wine and beer more than whiskey, despite being a huge whiskey drinker.  Before I quite, I too thought "I'll probably drink NA beer."  However, I haven't and don't drink any of the NA stuff.  Part of whole process of being a non-drinker (a lot goes into that, and I am very, very happy to talk in detail about it if anyone ever wants to know more) involves (for me) not being in the situations where I'd even want to, AND my tastes have changed a bit as well. There is a particular flavor of "non-drinking" that I follow, which is a very common one.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #802 on: March 27, 2021, 06:02:13 AM »
hey @IPA do you live around Louisville? If so I was hoping for another gE.c success story...I'm looking for a bottle but its only available to be purchased from their distillery in Louisville...
What do you seek?

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #803 on: March 27, 2021, 06:04:28 AM »

I was similar and drank all types, but missed wine and beer more than whiskey, despite being a huge whiskey drinker.  Before I quite, I too thought "I'll probably drink NA beer."  However, I haven't and don't drink any of the NA stuff.  Part of whole process of being a non-drinker (a lot goes into that, and I am very, very happy to talk in detail about it if anyone ever wants to know more) involves (for me) not being in the situations where I'd even want to, AND my tastes have changed a bit as well. There is a particular flavor of "non-drinking" that I follow, which is a very common one.
Bill's friends are my friends.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: March 27, 2021, 08:03:37 AM »

Bill's friends are my friends.

;)

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Katpak'r
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: March 27, 2021, 08:42:41 AM »
hey @IPA do you live around Louisville? If so I was hoping for another gE.c success story...I'm looking for a bottle but its only available to be purchased from their distillery in Louisville...
What do you seek?

Old Forester 117 series. Appears to only be available for purchase at the OF distillery

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #806 on: March 27, 2021, 08:52:32 AM »
What do you seek?

Old Forester 117 series. Appears to only be available for purchase at the OF distillery
I'll see if I can swing by there this week and grab a bottle or two.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Katpak'r
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: March 27, 2021, 10:17:49 AM »
What do you seek?

I'll see if I can swing by there this week and grab a bottle or two.

:thumbs: :thumbs: Also  :excited:

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: April 17, 2021, 08:43:17 PM »
I think Irish whiskey is very good. I think I may be done with bourbon for a while. Just getting into it. I’ve enjoyed Tullamore DEW and Busker. Looking for Green Spot after reading good reviews about it. Any other recommendations?

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: April 17, 2021, 09:05:09 PM »
I think Irish whiskey is very good. I think I may be done with bourbon for a while. Just getting into it. I’ve enjoyed Tullamore DEW and Busker. Looking for Green Spot after reading good reviews about it. Any other recommendations?
I like both from time to time. Bourbon can certainly get sweet over time.

Jameson black label is great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Katpak'r
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #810 on: April 19, 2021, 07:00:29 PM »
Red Breast, Teeling, Writer's Tears

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: May 01, 2021, 10:47:02 PM »
Apparently this is newly imported into KS, that’s what the sign said anyway. It was pretty good.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f