Author Topic: Kc restaurant suggestions  (Read 480692 times)

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
Re: Kc restaurant suggestions
« Reply #6450 on: January 23, 2024, 01:14:43 PM »
Planning on going to Waldo Thai for their Valentines Day Dinner. Will have to pace myself as the Super Bowl Parade will be that day this year.  :excited:
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6451 on: January 24, 2024, 02:44:41 PM »
Fern Bar KC - Give it a try

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6452 on: January 26, 2024, 07:17:03 AM »
I’ve seen a lot of great things about it

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6453 on: January 26, 2024, 04:53:53 PM »
Billie's Grocery - Leawood is now open - next to Meat Mitch

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #6454 on: January 29, 2024, 01:17:29 PM »
Been on a pizza kick the past month or so. Buffalo State was pretty great and had Illazerone the first time this past weekend. I'm the only one in my family that really likes pizza, but both were way better than the usual trips to Minsky's or Waldo. Also, dropped by River Bluff brewery for the second time before our pizza outing. Love that place. Just a cool spot and the beer is decent. I've been twice now and both times I've parked right in front and been 1 of less than 20 or so people in that giant place. Is there any chance of that place sticking around? Hoping for the best, but friday happy hour and like 10 people were in there.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6455 on: January 30, 2024, 09:24:04 AM »
Been on a pizza kick the past month or so. Buffalo State was pretty great and had Illazerone the first time this past weekend. I'm the only one in my family that really likes pizza, but both were way better than the usual trips to Minsky's or Waldo. Also, dropped by River Bluff brewery for the second time before our pizza outing. Love that place. Just a cool spot and the beer is decent. I've been twice now and both times I've parked right in front and been 1 of less than 20 or so people in that giant place. Is there any chance of that place sticking around? Hoping for the best, but friday happy hour and like 10 people were in there.

those are 2 of my pizza go to places along with Milwaukee Deli. River Bluff is cool, did you see their food there, I haven't been since they opened up the food.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6456 on: January 30, 2024, 09:25:42 AM »

I'm scared that location will kill them. Doesn't seem like anything can stay open around that weird block. I haven't had a chance to pop in yet but heard great things

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #6457 on: January 30, 2024, 11:07:03 AM »

those are 2 of my pizza go to places along with Milwaukee Deli. River Bluff is cool, did you see their food there, I haven't been since they opened up the food.

was there a few months ago and they had food. It was actually a pretty decent burger. No food this time, they said a new vendor was coming in soon though.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6458 on: January 30, 2024, 03:02:34 PM »

River Bluff was fairly busy for the Chiefs game (was there). I don't recall there being food, people brought it in, mostly from Minsky's
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline passranch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #6459 on: January 30, 2024, 04:38:40 PM »

Milwaukee Deli still a thing?  I had heard they planned on shutting down years ago.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6460 on: January 30, 2024, 04:48:13 PM »
Billie's Grocery - Leawood is now open - next to Meat Mitch

The one in the city is great.  I'm not a big mushroom guy but their mushroom toast is phenomenal.  I'm not sure what they do to them but unlike any I've had before.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6461 on: January 30, 2024, 04:59:23 PM »

Milwaukee Deli still a thing?  I had heard they planned on shutting down years ago.

Still doing a killing

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6462 on: January 30, 2024, 05:38:53 PM »

it is pretty legit.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6463 on: February 05, 2024, 12:54:36 PM »
red kitchen in downtown op opened this week.  we ate lunch there today.  it’s all great.

7926 sante fe, open 6 am to 2 pm daily.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6464 on: February 05, 2024, 02:24:15 PM »
another lenexa pub market success story.  the first being chewology who's chef/owner was just nominated for a james beard

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6465 on: February 05, 2024, 03:04:54 PM »
red kitchen in downtown op opened this week.  we ate lunch there today.  it’s all great.

I tried their tamales a couple of months ago and they lived up to the hype.  Most other tamales I've had are garbage.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6466 on: February 05, 2024, 04:00:35 PM »

I tried their tamales a couple of months ago and they lived up to the hype.  Most other tamales I've had are garbage.
we got a burrito, tamales, tostadas, and tacos, everything was very good.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #6467 on: February 05, 2024, 04:15:22 PM »

Any breakfast items of note?

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6468 on: February 05, 2024, 05:50:26 PM »

Level of authenticity?

Jalapeños

Kmachos

Jose peppers

Bonito Michoacán

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6469 on: February 05, 2024, 10:46:56 PM »

Any breakfast items of note?
breakfast is their specialty

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6470 on: February 05, 2024, 10:47:50 PM »

Level of authenticity?

Jalapeños

Kmachos

Jose peppers

Bonito Michoacán

it’s very authentic, not texmex

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #6471 on: February 07, 2024, 06:42:41 PM »

Level of authenticity?

Jalapeños

Kmachos

Jose peppers

Bonito Michoacán

it’s very authentic, not texmex

Grabbed 3 tamales over lunch today and it was very good. They are like corn dog sized tamales tho, I was hoping for bigger ones.

Will eat again.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6472 on: February 07, 2024, 06:55:36 PM »
Last week I was craving some better than super market quality ice cream and had never been to bettie raes so I got 3 pints. Chocolate chip cookie dough, cinnamon, and the coffee flavor. All are exceptional, this place definitely lives up to the reputation 7/7
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6473 on: February 07, 2024, 09:03:22 PM »
Last week I was craving some better than super market quality ice cream and had never been to bettie raes so I got 3 pints. Chocolate chip cookie dough, cinnamon, and the coffee flavor. All are exceptional, this place definitely lives up to the reputation 7/7
coffee ice cream? why not just get the sweaty ballz and fresh dog crap flavor?

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6474 on: February 07, 2024, 09:05:32 PM »
It's good
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite