Author Topic: Kc restaurant suggestions  (Read 480459 times)

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Kc restaurant suggestions
« Reply #6425 on: January 04, 2024, 01:24:04 PM »
hows come the menu picture doesn't show the championship burrito served on a bed of diarrhea?

Zoom in

well i'll be, i thought that was champion burrito sauce or something

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6426 on: January 04, 2024, 01:41:20 PM »
hows come the menu picture doesn't show the championship burrito served on a bed of diarrhea?
full disclosure:  I asked for refried beans instead of rice (where am I, P.f. chang’s??) and instead of black beans (no racism).

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6427 on: January 04, 2024, 02:28:35 PM »
Waldo Thai is a little too fancy thai for my liking.  It's good, but it's not really up my alley when I want to eat thai.

For that, I usually go to THAI HOUSE off of holmes.

That makes sense. I will say, almost every time we're eating in KC it's for a special occasion, so our budget is a little higher than an average night out.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6428 on: January 04, 2024, 04:58:55 PM »
I almost carried out from K-macho one my way through JOCO just because of this thread but felt I needed to give it an in-dining experience as I find carry out makes any food 2 downgradees.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #6429 on: January 06, 2024, 01:21:19 PM »
Yes.  Kmachos has a good atmosphere and a pretty good chips/salsa/naca experience.  Not as good as Peppers, but good.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6430 on: January 06, 2024, 01:29:34 PM »
Finally went to Garozzo's before i headed back out. Can't wait to try every dish, it all looked so tasty.  :drool:
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6431 on: January 07, 2024, 12:09:46 AM »
Finally went to Garozzo's before i headed back out. Can't wait to try every dish, it all looked so tasty.  :drool:
Years ago Olathe had a garozzos and they had a Sunday brunch buffet that was out of this world

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #6432 on: January 07, 2024, 11:07:42 AM »
Yes.  Right next to the bdubs on 135th.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #6433 on: January 08, 2024, 08:04:54 PM »
campesino (where the old lucky's was in downtown misson) has just obliterated my desire to go to mi ranchito/k machos/jose peppers/dos reales ever again.

Its been open for about a month and I've been twice. The best way to describe it is to imagine if a younger jose peppers had a baby with a younger margaritas and then that kid married the kid of mi ranchito and k machos and they had a small beautiful amazing child called Campesino who opened up a restaurant. 

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #6434 on: January 08, 2024, 10:16:32 PM »
I’ll research this place tomorrow

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #6435 on: January 08, 2024, 10:25:59 PM »
campesino (where the old lucky's was in downtown misson) has just obliterated my desire to go to mi ranchito/k machos/jose peppers/dos reales ever again.

Its been open for about a month and I've been twice. The best way to describe it is to imagine if a younger jose peppers had a baby with a younger margaritas and then that kid married the kid of mi ranchito and k machos and they had a small beautiful amazing child called Campesino who opened up a restaurant.
Just looking at some of the pictures I’ll try and hit this place up when I’m back in KC next!
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #6436 on: January 09, 2024, 03:54:07 PM »

is it as bright in there as it looks like from the street? Mrs SF refuses to go there because the place looks like it has 300 million LED lights blasting.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #6437 on: January 09, 2024, 04:00:20 PM »
Finally made it to Chosun on SM PKWY. It was enjoyable. Lil SF loved being the chef. The sliced brisket and ribeye were really good. The pork belly wasn't my favorite. It was pretty plain, but we prob didn't cook it right. I would get shrimp instead next time. We had a pretty good LOL in the car after. I noticed but didn't think much of it while we were there, but in the car Lil SF said, "dad, did you see the people next to us burn everything"? I laughed. There was a couple next to us and they grilled the absolute crap out of everything they had. Like, the thin sliced brisket that takes 13 seconds max, they kept it all on for 38 minutes. They made beef jerky out of pretty much everything. It was fun to watch.

Overall, pretty enjoyable place and will go back.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6438 on: January 09, 2024, 04:23:59 PM »
Finally made it to Chosun on SM PKWY. It was enjoyable. Lil SF loved being the chef. The sliced brisket and ribeye were really good. The pork belly wasn't my favorite. It was pretty plain, but we prob didn't cook it right. I would get shrimp instead next time. We had a pretty good LOL in the car after. I noticed but didn't think much of it while we were there, but in the car Lil SF said, "dad, did you see the people next to us burn everything"? I laughed. There was a couple next to us and they grilled the absolute crap out of everything they had. Like, the thin sliced brisket that takes 13 seconds max, they kept it all on for 38 minutes. They made beef jerky out of pretty much everything. It was fun to watch.

I thought it was okay but definitely think it would be more enjoyable with kids.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #6439 on: January 09, 2024, 04:43:22 PM »

I thought it was okay but definitely think it would be more enjoyable with kids.

I agree. I prob won't go back without the kids. Way more enjoyable watching them cook and try different things.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #6440 on: January 09, 2024, 08:36:02 PM »

is it as bright in there as it looks like from the street? Mrs SF refuses to go there because the place looks like it has 300 million LED lights blasting.

It is bright but not overbearing inside, I never even thought about it until you mentioned it but now I can see that it does look bright from the outside. Definitely a blue'ish hue on some of their lights.

Also they do a hard upsell on their JUMBO margaritas. Had one the first time and it was pretty strong...second time I went we just ordered regular sized margaritas but the server was like "Are you sure? For THREE dollars more we can give you alot more"

Boom done.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #6441 on: January 11, 2024, 07:08:34 PM »

It’s good

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6442 on: January 12, 2024, 08:58:47 AM »

So may take the kids, the website has no info.  Do you cook at your table or what?

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #6443 on: January 12, 2024, 01:05:33 PM »

So may take the kids, the website has no info.  Do you cook at your table or what?

yeah, there is a little grill in the middle of the table and your just order your meats. You can order specific or they have some combo type options that have a few. Its a little pricey, but not terrible. If taking kids, I recommend hitting it fairly early. We got there at like 5 and got right to a seat, but by the time we left it was pretty full and I'm sure there is a wait.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6444 on: January 12, 2024, 02:29:06 PM »
nice, thanks.

Broke dry january by popping in to Cheval to help an old friend celebrate her bday.  Had a drink called the "slippery slope" - it was an old fashioned made with "fatted bourbon" and wow was it gross.  Tasted like the drippings in the thanksgiving turkey pan with bourbon mixed in

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6445 on: January 16, 2024, 09:26:22 PM »
ocean prime, more like boring time

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #6446 on: January 17, 2024, 10:53:42 AM »
I went to O-Prime for restaurant week.  I wasn't very impressed with their offerings, but I thought the lobster bisque and scallops were good (though those dishes each have pretty high floors for me in general).

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6447 on: January 17, 2024, 05:29:38 PM »
I went to O-Prime for restaurant week.  I wasn't very impressed with their offerings, but I thought the lobster bisque and scallops were good (though those dishes each have pretty high floors for me in general).
that’s exactly what mrs clams ordered!  she really liked the bisque, scallops were good, didn’t like the risotto.

i chose not to order from the restaurant week menu and instead went with the sea bass, it was good, nothing outstanding.

eddie v’s > ocean prime

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #6448 on: January 17, 2024, 08:28:12 PM »
that’s exactly what mrs clams ordered!  she really liked the bisque, scallops were good, didn’t like the risotto.

i chose not to order from the restaurant week menu and instead went with the sea bass, it was good, nothing outstanding.

eddie v’s > ocean prime
Mrs. clams and I are like two peas in a pod.  Or should I say two pearls in a clam haha ;)

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6449 on: January 18, 2024, 12:13:49 PM »
Novel is always solid and they do an amazing job for restaurant week. I typically don't like any place for RW but they always give you a heck of a deal. Last night lobster ravioli and a 12 oz strip