Author Topic: Lowery Interview on 1350  (Read 65630 times)

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Lowery Interview on 1350
« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2012, 11:02:12 PM »
I am the Jane goodall of goEMAW.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2012, 11:04:34 PM »
Weber inherited a championship roster and was OFF the NCAA bubble 3 of the last 5 years (because he missed the tournament completely. and then he got fired). You suck so hard. I love it.

Well, half is false and half an intentional half-truth. Looks like Michicat is trending in the negative. Time to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

:lol:

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2012, 11:07:18 PM »
Anyone else unsurprised this didn't end well for mc? Not me. Not me.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2012, 11:27:04 PM »
The goEMAW debate style is just to drop arguments as soon as there is any resistance, laugh at the opponent and then let everyone else figure out what happened.  I have to say, it is getting a little old.  It won't be long before I'll just be hocking loogies from the balcony with chum and clams.

Offline Barry McCockner

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2012, 12:04:12 AM »
MC, you've been on constant meltdown since the hire, very impressive. I wanted to stay angry, but I can't anymore. "We are Kstate" pretty much means we hate what's good for us. We make dumb decisions when we have opportunities to be great. I'm just to damn emaw to be mad at this point. We aren't franking Currie: fact! What is it going to take for you to say, "Oh eff it, I'll give ya a shot #TeamBruce"? Just curious, cause I always charish your opinion.

Not speaking for MC here, but my emaw doesn't capitulate.

"WELL BARYY YOU GOTTA DO WHAT YOU DO BECUZ IF YOU DONT DO IT, THEN WHO WILL - YOU GOTTA HAVE HART AND DATERMANASHIN AND FLOURIDE IN YOUR SYSTEM TO BE A TRUE CHAMPION" - The Ed

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Lowery Interview on 1350
« Reply #55 on: April 10, 2012, 12:27:12 AM »
MC, you've been on constant meltdown since the hire, very impressive. I wanted to stay angry, but I can't anymore. "We are Kstate" pretty much means we hate what's good for us. We make dumb decisions when we have opportunities to be great. I'm just to damn emaw to be mad at this point. We aren't franking Currie: fact! What is it going to take for you to say, "Oh eff it, I'll give ya a shot #TeamBruce"? Just curious, cause I always charish your opinion.

I am too EMAW to accept this oscar Weber bullshit. I don't buy into your "we are K-state" bullshit, either, because we had it pretty rough ridin' good over the past six years, especially considering where we were before.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 10, 2012, 12:47:59 AM »
we had a genuine top 20 coach.  and he was all ours, no history anywhere else.  and he was a media magnet.  and he liked it here and his rep prevented most better jobs from looking at him.

and we let an accountant run him off.  and we let the accountant live.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 10, 2012, 01:20:25 AM »
and we let the accountant live.

When was the last time you saw or heard from Currie?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 10, 2012, 02:33:32 AM »

I am too EMAW to accept this oscar Weber bullshit. I don't buy into your "we are K-state" bullshit, either, because we had it pretty rough ridin' good over the past six years, especially considering where we were before.
So you were excited when we hired frank? (Granted he was never a historic loser in the high school game).

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Lowery Interview on 1350
« Reply #59 on: April 10, 2012, 06:11:35 AM »
When FSD ventures onto the sports boards it always ends hilariously

catzacker

« Reply #60 on: April 10, 2012, 06:34:14 AM »

So you were excited when we hired frank? (Granted he was never a historic loser in the high school game).

hiring frank was the only shot ksu had to put itself back into a competitive position, because no frank/'te = no beas/walker and prolly alot of that class.  we would have been thrown even further back to the stone ages.  And ya know what? It rough ridin' worked.  And then when we get ourselves into that competitive/top 25ish position, what do we do?  we hand it the eff over to a guy who's shown that he can take a program in even better shape than ours and rough ridin' burn it to the ground.  but hey, we're k-state, so just accept it.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 10, 2012, 06:59:06 AM »
Meh . . . Frank was pissing up the punch bowl badly.

Multiple guys were going to quit, top instate guys who were seriously considering K-State did not go or were ultimately not going to go to K-State because of . . . Frank.

Complete implosion was clearly on the horizon.

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 10, 2012, 07:20:40 AM »
i'm still waiting for FSD to educate us on how MC was using stats incorrectly.   :popcorn:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 10, 2012, 07:41:10 AM »
IMO, what Weber's tenure at Illinois has shown is if you put a premium on shooting and don't shoot well your offense will struggle. Even the last 6 years, Weber's teams have consistently out-shot their opponents (eFG%), an average of nearly 4% better per season. For Frank's teams the difference was slightly less than 1%. But the difference in TO% and OR% for Frank's teams are both dramatically better than Weber's and that's why Frank's offensive efficiency was much better. Weber's teams have had better defensive efficiencies (89.7 his last 6 years compared to 91.2 for Frank's 5), but it wasn't enough to make up for the offensive issues.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 07:54:17 AM by ksu_FAN »

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2012, 07:51:42 AM »
i would like to see more raw data on weber's reputation and indisputable ability stats before deciding a winner of this tête-à-tête

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

catzacker

« Reply #65 on: April 10, 2012, 07:56:05 AM »

Multiple guys were going to quit, top instate guys who were seriously considering K-State did not go or were ultimately not going to go to K-State because of . . . Frank.

I don't disagree with frank's trajectory, however I disagree with the notion that oscar weber is good for ksu basketball.  we've simply adjusted the trajectory slightly.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 10, 2012, 07:56:32 AM »
i would like to see more raw data on weber's reputation and indisputable ability stats before deciding a winner of this tête-à-tête

Those stats take a lot of time to complete, but don't worry, work is being done.

Offline threadkiller

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 10, 2012, 11:43:22 AM »

How?

Multiple guys were going to quit

Who?

top instate guys who were seriously considering K-State did not go or were ultimately not going to go to K-State because of . . . Frank.

Who cares?  Additionally, would any of these "top instate guys" have ever even been looking at KSU w/out Frank to hate and later not come because of?

Skepticism remains high on this talking point. 

Offline slimz

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 10, 2012, 12:05:41 PM »
IMO, what Weber's tenure at Illinois has shown is if you put a premium on shooting and don't shoot well your offense will struggle. Even the last 6 years, Weber's teams have consistently out-shot their opponents (eFG%), an average of nearly 4% better per season. For Frank's teams the difference was slightly less than 1%. But the difference in TO% and OR% for Frank's teams are both dramatically better than Weber's and that's why Frank's offensive efficiency was much better. Weber's teams have had better defensive efficiencies (89.7 his last 6 years compared to 91.2 for Frank's 5), but it wasn't enough to make up for the offensive issues.

Well, the good news for next year is that our players are fantastic jump shooters.

Offline Fuktard

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 10, 2012, 12:06:24 PM »
we had a genuine top 20 coach.  and he was all ours, no history anywhere else.  and he was a media magnet.  and he liked it here and his rep prevented most better jobs from looking at him.

and we let an accountant run him off.  and we let the accountant live.

I want to believe this, i really do. But all signs point to the fact that Frank would have been severely damaged had he stayed.  I think he would have taken ANY job (I mean let's face it, he basically did) to get away from the shitstorm that he would have endured had he stayed.  I honestly don't think Frank, as head coach at KSU, was ever an option, and I don't think it had much to do with Currie. 

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 10, 2012, 12:11:43 PM »

I don't disagree with frank's trajectory, however I disagree with the notion that oscar weber is good for ksu basketball.  we've simply adjusted the trajectory slightly.

I completely disagree with the trajectory.  The both of you spent 10 months bitching about Frank and the program he was running and in an off year he took a team to the third round of the NCAA tournament.  You can't spend as much time teeth knashing as much as you two did and then not acknowledge when the season was over that the program exceeded your expectations.  There was no indication of any implosion before Currie and his lackies started the BS after Frank left.  At 10am on March 17th people were excited at the possibility of KSU knocking off a 2 loss team, a week later the same people were talking about how the program was a mess.

I feel like I'm going to spend the rest of my natural life stopping people from revising the last few months of Frank Martin's time at K-State.  The players were planning a mutiny that the AD knew about.  Despite this the three best players on the team, who were all going to leave, were playing the best basketball of their lives and the AD was going to extend the coach even though he thought half the roster was leaving.

bullshit

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 10, 2012, 12:22:38 PM »
I completely disagree with the trajectory.  The both of you spent 10 months bitching about Frank and the program he was running and in an off year he took a team to the third round of the NCAA tournament.  You can't spend as much time teeth knashing as much as you two did and then not acknowledge when the season was over that the program exceeded your expectations.  There was no indication of any implosion before Currie and his lackies started the BS after Frank left.  At 10am on March 17th people were excited at the possibility of KSU knocking off a 2 loss team, a week later the same people were talking about how the program was a mess.

I feel like I'm going to spend the rest of my natural life stopping people from revising the last few months of Frank Martin's time at K-State.  The players were planning a mutiny that the AD knew about.  Despite this the three best players on the team, who were all going to leave, were playing the best basketball of their lives and the AD was going to extend the coach even though he thought half the roster was leaving.

bullshit

I agree with this and I don't think this talking point (Frank destroying program) has any real credibility. I really don't have anything against Frank and will always look back on his 5 years as a great time for K-State basketball.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 10, 2012, 12:26:25 PM »
Really? Touche, didn't check that. Of course if we're talking the last 5 years, the talent level wasn't at Illinois (Thanks to Weber). What's his average offensive efficiency in his 9 year tenure at Illinois?
Illinois had 9 top 100 players on the roster last year. (Thanks to Jerrance Howard). Weberized gang......Weberized.
So what the eff is up with you guys.  Some of you are telling us how BW can't recuit, then others are saying the guy has top talent and can't get it done.  Please get your rough ridin' stories straight, so we may believe there is some credence to your rants.  :flush:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline threadkiller

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 10, 2012, 12:30:58 PM »
Really? Touche, didn't check that. Of course if we're talking the last 5 years, the talent level wasn't at Illinois (Thanks to Weber). What's his average offensive efficiency in his 9 year tenure at Illinois?
Illinois had 9 top 100 players on the roster last year. (Thanks to Jerrance Howard). Weberized gang......Weberized.
So what the eff is up with you guys.  Some of you are telling us how BW can't recuit, then others are saying the guy has top talent and can't get it done.  Please get your rough ridin' stories straight, so we may believe there is some credence to your rants.  :flush:

oscar Weber can't recruit himself.  When he gets a recruiting assistant who can recruit (Howard) he still can't deliver with talent.  Stories straight. 

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 10, 2012, 12:35:21 PM »
Weber can't recruit and is thought to be a racist.

Howard can recruit and brought good players to Illini (also prolly KU's dobo).

Weber can even eff up the great recruiting of Howard.