Author Topic: Music Organizing/Downloading  (Read 947 times)

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Music Organizing/Downloading
« on: April 08, 2012, 09:42:17 PM »
I download whole albums, or various artist albums based on date and genre from torrents.  Or find playlists on youtube or click around related videos.

I don't care enough to dedicate time to finding the best music or organizing into playlists (maybe if I had better music).  But I'm curious about other efficient ways to get music.  My listening experience I'd grade a 6/10.

How do you goemawers do music?

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
Re: Music Organizing/Downloading
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 09:45:35 PM »
iTunes :dunno:

Afraid of the torrents  :ohno:

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 09:59:55 PM »
iTunes :dunno:

Afraid of the torrents  :ohno:

Don't be scared, torrents are our friends.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2012, 10:10:22 PM »
I use foobar2000 so I can add ratings on my work computer and drop them at home. I add ratings or other specialty tags to create specialty playlists automatically. I don't bother sorting because everything is tagged and you can search by whatever you want.

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2012, 10:50:45 PM »
If there is something I want to buy I usually just buy a physical CD. If I just want one or two songs I download them online somewhere. I have all of my music organized, and its pretty  easy for me to make playlists. I give myself a 8/10.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2012, 10:21:17 AM »
I may have to try this foobar thing.  I've been using I like stars.  Have 60 some gigs of music and have occasionally attempted to get the genre'd appropriately but its a pain in the ass.  Also, if I were to play by genre, there are songs I would want in multiple genres. 

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2012, 10:35:01 AM »
I may have to try this foobar thing.  I've been using I like stars.  Have 60 some gigs of music and have occasionally attempted to get the genre'd appropriately but its a pain in the ass.  Also, if I were to play by genre, there are songs I would want in multiple genres. 

It has a pretty steep learning curve and the guys that develop it are complete dickheads on their forums. What I like is that you can attach the stars to the actual MP3 rather than a library file - it lets you copy to another computer or device and not lose your rating. If you don't listen to the same files in two places, I think itunes/iphone is probably best by far.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2012, 11:52:37 AM »

It has a pretty steep learning curve and the guys that develop it are complete dickheads on their forums. What I like is that you can attach the stars to the actual MP3 rather than a library file - it lets you copy to another computer or device and not lose your rating. If you don't listen to the same files in two places, I think itunes/iphone is probably best by far.

Yea, I went to their website and it looks like a pain in the ass.  I'll stick to what I have