Author Topic: Stan Van Gundy/Dwight Howard awkward video (now master awesome NBA video thread)  (Read 47554 times)

steaksdime and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
What a bullshit punishment.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
Ban ban Maxwell Silver Hammer.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 01:39:54 PM by Spracne »

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
What a bullshit punishment.

Looking at this purely from a business perspective, the league had to do this. It sounds like the other 29 owners want him gone. Having a jackass like this around is a black eye that ruins the product.

Looking at this from the human perspective, this man is garbage and doesn't deserve nice things.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
Also, there is a good chance that no player would ever play for the man ever again if the NBA didn't do this.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Really curious how this will play out in court, assuming Sterling doesn't just voluntarily walk away.

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I hope he sues the eff out of the NBA

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

U sure you're not racist? Might be time to look in the mir, bub.

Online WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
Guessing there is something in the Bylaws or constitution of the NBA where the NBA and owners can to whatever the eff they want if they have enough votes.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile

On what grounds? If the 3/4 vote from the owners rule is in the bylaws he is mumped.

It's probably in his financial interests to sell the team too. The Clips are valued at over a $1B. You think that number is going to go up or down if he holds on to the team?

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
What, exactly, is the punishment?

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Guessing there is something in the Bylaws or constitution of the NBA where the NBA and owners can to whatever the eff they want if they have enough votes.

yes, owning an nba franchise is not like owning a car. He hurts the interests of the other 29 owners when he acts like this.

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
What, exactly, is the punishment?

Banned for life, $2.5mil fine, other owners holding a vote to force the sale of the team.

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
Interesting punishment. I say that because, if a forced sale does occur, it almost acts as a benefit to him. I think he bought the team for some $12.5 million. The value now far exceeds that. Basically a forced lining of Sterling's pockets with Silver lining it up for him.

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
If anything they should have fined him $50 mil, suspended him the rest of the playoffs then let whatever public shaming, sponsorship loss, etc... finish off the punishment. He probably would have sold the team on his own anyhow.

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
If anything they should have fined him $50 mil, suspended him the rest of the playoffs then let whatever public shaming, sponsorship loss, etc... finish off the punishment. He probably would have sold the team on his own anyhow.

I think $2.5 mill is the max. They could have potentially revoked the franchise, but leaving it to it's own devices and having the public, and players take care of it could have worked, he just might have died before that.

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
But anyway, 'grats to ESPN. They really pushed this story of a known racist saying racist things in the privacy of his racist home. Ratings boom!

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I would love to see how David Stern would have handled this.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
If the NBA didn't do this there was potential for a leaguewide boycott by the players. Silver had to do this. He removed the cancer before it infected the entire league.

More importantly, he did everything he was able to do within the bylaws.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
But anyway, 'grats to ESPN. They really pushed this story of a known racist saying racist things in the privacy of his racist home. Ratings boom!

This story was leaked by TMZ and Deadspin.

I would love to see how David Stern would have handled this.

The same way. Stern ruled with an iron fist.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile

Keep fighting the fight. Maybe some day racists will be treated fairly.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
if there is a rule in place to allow them to force him to sell then by all means, but i am a little confused as to how one can be forced to sell something they own, particularly when they haven't broken any laws.

then again i haven't really read up on this so give me a few minutes to do that.

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

This story was leaked by TMZ and Deadspin.

But ESPN wouldn't shut up about it.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile

U sure you're not racist? Might be time to look in the mir, bub.

I hate to say this but I kinda agree.  I mean, it's his business.  Also, he didn't print his views on flyers and hand them out at the front door.  His GF taped him secretly.  I get he is a huge racist and a prick.  I am sure that there is a something in the franchise agreement with the league that will allow them to kick him to the curb, but it is still kinda crazy.  I get it, I do, but this is America and the d00d said something in what he thought was the privacy of his own second home where he keeps his unoffical pay for sex girl friend.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile

Yes.  This was a Malaysian airplane and they are CNN.  Only, they found the rough ridin' plane and it was in Al Qaeda country on a secret landing strip.

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
If the NBA really cares about racism then they should be proactive in searching out other racists and kicking them out of the league forever. I'd bet that Pat Riley is a big time racist in private.