Author Topic: They think we'll be good  (Read 13402 times)

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
They think we'll be good
« on: April 03, 2012, 08:17:37 AM »

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
Re: They think we'll be good
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 08:19:37 AM »
we will.  prepare yourself for all the i told you so.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 08:19:54 AM »
We will be good. I'm expecting big things.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2012, 08:20:24 AM »
In a few days, I will probably be ready for the "He just had a bad marriage" talking point. Ready to be his hot new wife cat fans? CAUSE HE SURE IS READY FOR YOU  :fatty:

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2012, 08:20:38 AM »
how many teams bring in a brand new coach and are top 25 quality that aren't ku unc uk etc?

We will struggle.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2012, 08:21:15 AM »
If people stay, we probably will be.

People here are just having a hard time seeing that through the butt hurt.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2012, 08:22:02 AM »
how many teams bring in a brand new coach and are top 25 quality that aren't ku unc uk etc?

We will struggle.

especially with a guy whose biggest flaw is that he can't get guys to play hard for him.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2012, 08:22:20 AM »

We will struggle.

Just look at Mizzou this year. Haith got COTY. Now everyone is trying to "find their Frank Haith". It's going to be entertaining watching him drive them off the cliff over the next few years.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: They think we'll be good
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2012, 08:34:52 AM »

Bullshit. Most people know we'll be pretty good next year and probably the year after that. But it's fairly obvious that Currie didn't give a crap beyond that, which is why there is so much butthurt.

The fact that he mentioned how important it us to win with these seniors speaks volumes. He can't/won't recognize how much more important AR-T and Gip are to the program compared to JO and Rodney.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2012, 08:39:58 AM »

Bullshit. Most people know we'll be pretty good next year and probably the year after that. But it's fairly obvious that Currie didn't give a crap beyond that, which is why there is so much butthurt.

The fact that he mentioned how important it us to win with these seniors speaks volumes. He can't/won't recognize how much more important AR-T and Gip are to the program compared to JO and Rodney.
Maybe he will 'cruit good?
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2012, 08:52:38 AM »

The article was talking about next year.  Some people are being fatalists about next year, when we will be good.

I have no idea how the future will go, but people are letting their anger get in the way of looking at anything objectively, which includes the fact that if people come back next year, we will win.

Don't turn my comment into anything more than a observation on next year.  I have no idea what the future holds beyond that.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2012, 09:17:27 AM »
I've already heard the "bad marriage at Illinois" talking point. And actually, it was more like, "you never know, maybe he had a bad marriage at Illinois". So it's really fun that everyone is trying to convince themselves that it will be okay. Battered Wife Syndrome at it's best.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2012, 09:23:11 AM »
I've already heard the "bad marriage at Illinois" talking point. And actually, it was more like, "you never know, maybe he had a bad marriage at Illinois". So it's really fun that everyone is trying to convince themselves that it will be okay. Battered Wife Syndrome at it's best.

He was a bad fit there, no doubt about it.

I think he will coach more comfortably in a smaller fishbowl.  Whether or not that translates to wins, I have no idea, but my hope, like _FAN's, is that he goes back to his SIU style.  Maybe being more comfortable will do that. :dunno:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2012, 09:33:15 AM »
KSU should be good next year.  Not disagreeing.  In fact, so good that anything less than a Sweet 16 is a fireable offense.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2012, 09:33:24 AM »

We will struggle.

Illinois, when they hired Weber.  K-State when we hired Frank in '07-'08. 

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2012, 09:33:59 AM »

The article was talking about next year.  Some people are being fatalists about next year, when we will be good.

I have no idea how the future will go, but people are letting their anger get in the way of looking at anything objectively, which includes the fact that if people come back next year, we will win.

Don't turn my comment into anything more than a observation on next year.  I have no idea what the future holds beyond that.

i can't think of one person (on here anyway) that thinks we will be bad next year. that's why the "hey guys, let's just wait and see how it goes" talking point is so frustrating. i know how it will go, but it's going to take five years before i can say "i told you so". i don't want to wait that long. i might not even be alive then.

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
  • I'll wait here for my Cherry Coke Zero.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2012, 10:44:21 AM »

i can't think of one person (on here anyway) that thinks we will be bad next year. that's why the "hey guys, let's just wait and see how it goes" talking point is so frustrating. i know how it will go, but it's going to take five years before i can say "i told you so". i don't want to wait that long. i might not even be alive then.

This is exactly right.  I've already gone through this once in my life. The long slow decent from Altman to Asbury to Wooldrige was terrible to watch.  I don't know if I can stay EMAW while watching K-State basketball slowly wither and die again.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2012, 10:45:10 AM »

Why will be good next year but suck afterward?  I'd see your point if Weber was inheriting a solid crop of 4* top 100 blue chippers.  But, he isn't. 

Frank left Weber with a decent lot of 3* top 150 talent.

So, I guess the question is whether BW will be able to recruit 3* top 150 talent to KSU.  I guess we'll just have to wait and see.   

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2012, 10:47:36 AM »
fwiw, I don't think we'll be very good if Angel leaves (and we don't get a last second ready to start PG by some miracle).  you think a team with Will Spradling running point for an entire season will be worth a crap?

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2012, 10:48:55 AM »

Why will be good next year but suck afterward?  I'd see your point if Weber was inheriting a solid crop of 4* top 100 blue chippers.  But, he isn't. 

Frank left Weber with a decent lot of 3* top 150 talent.

So, I guess the question is whether BW will be able to recruit 3* top 150 talent to KSU.  I guess we'll just have to wait and see.   

i think you just responded without reading one single word of my post.

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2012, 10:49:32 AM »
fwiw, I don't think we'll be very good Angel leaves (and we don't get a last second ready to start PG by some miracle).  you think a team with Will Spradling running point for an entire season will be worth a crap?

11-7 w/ Angel

9-9 w/out Angel

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2012, 10:52:56 AM »

:facepalm:

try to pay attention.

please.

we will be good. 

there will be a bunch or tuck based "told you so". 

we will prolly give him an extension/raise.

then we will begin the slow steady descent to crap.

tucks will defend crap because he sure is a nice fella/mow's his grass/coupons

6 years from now we will suck be strapped with a crap roster and have to start over.

:bawl:

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2012, 10:53:11 AM »

i think you just responded without reading one single word of my post.

No, I read your post.  You think BW will play out exactly how it did at Illinois.  Inherits somebody else's players, achieves initial success, slowly fades into mediocrity. 

Amiright? 

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2012, 10:55:35 AM »
fwiw, I don't think we'll be very good if Angel leaves (and we don't get a last second ready to start PG by some miracle).  you think a team with Will Spradling running point for an entire season will be worth a crap?

this is a good point you sonofabitch.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2012, 10:57:50 AM »

6 years from now we will suck be strapped with a crap roster and have to start over.

Define crap.  3* marginal top 150 players? 

Aside from McGruder we don't have any current players who are much better than average 3* talent.  Aside from Upshaw (who I give Frank a ton of credit for), we haven't successfully recruited any elite talent post-dalonte.  It is what it is.  Frank's recruiting had dropped of quite significantly. 

So, the question in my mind is whether BW will be able to sustain marginal, 3* top 150 talent at K-State.