Author Topic: The Official War Against John Currie Thread  (Read 50240 times)

Offline h8ku

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: The Official War Against John Currie Thread
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2012, 10:18:50 AM »
Face it you are way outnumbered by "fan" like this
 :facepalm:
Anybody even remotely thinking about getting rid of Currie has a serious problem. K-State athletics has NEVER been in such good shape, not even close. The mess with Prince was solved, we have a fantastic new BB facility about ready to open and an Icon-type West Side addition to BSFS breaking ground. All toll about $100 million in new construction. This all happened in 3 years under John Currie. The previous 100 years combined didn't amount to that and some jerks on here are ready to trade it all in for a coach that left by choice. My God, coaches leave every job, that's how the game goes. But finding someone who was able to turn a joke of an AD into a prime example of how an athletic dept. should be run is inded a rare find. John Currie is on the verge of being the 2nd Miracle in Manhattan. We'll find out when the new HCBB is announced and how the new guy produces.

How soon some people forget or is it a case of not knowing the history of K-State's Athletic Dept. Either way you never had it so good. Take time to stop and smell the roses before taking such radical reaction and suffering the consequences. EMAW!!!.

As stated above -
"This thread also is not about debating/ranting about the merits of the Weber hire. We already have approximately 90,000 threads for that."
Reading comprehension is an important skill that most of us learned in grade school.

Offline Deez Nutz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2012, 10:22:44 AM »
I just have this overwhelming urge to kick John Currie right square in the nuts.

Offline Houstoncat93

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2012, 10:26:24 AM »
Anybody even remotely thinking about getting rid of Currie has a serious problem. K-State athletics has NEVER been in such good shape, not even close. The mess with Prince was solved, we have a fantastic new BB facility about ready to open and an Icon-type West Side addition to BSFS breaking ground. All toll about $100 million in new construction. This all happened in 3 years under John Currie. The previous 100 years combined didn't amount to that and some jerks on here are ready to trade it all in for a coach that left by choice. My God, coaches leave every job, that's how the game goes. But finding someone who was able to turn a joke of an AD into a prime example of how an athletic dept. should be run is inded a rare find. John Currie is on the verge of being the 2nd Miracle in Manhattan. We'll find out when the new HCBB is announced and how the new guy produces.

How soon some people forget or is it a case of not knowing the history of K-State's Athletic Dept. Either way you never had it so good. Take time to stop and smell the roses before taking such radical reaction and suffering the consequences. EMAW!!!.

As stated above -
"This thread also is not about debating/ranting about the merits of the Weber hire. We already have approximately 90,000 threads for that."
Reading comprehension is an important skill that most of us learned in grade school.

You may want to review your report cards from grade school under the section labeled "reading".  Seems to me that was a rant about the good things that Currie has done and not about Weber. :dunno:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Re: The Official War Against John Currie Thread
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2012, 10:34:37 AM »
Can we frame him by putting a dead hooker in his trunk?

No. It will confuse many goEMAW'ers into thinking that an AD w/ hookers in the truck may be exactly the AD we want.

Needs to be something appauling that can't be spun into mcmw.

Sent from my MB611 using Tapatalk

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2012, 10:35:58 AM »
Mail shultz a kstate shirt.  Organize a drive and have a shitload of kstate gear to his office

Have thought about doing this myself

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2012, 10:36:22 AM »

As stated above -

This isn't about frank you stupid eff.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2012, 10:42:32 AM »
fire john currie written with weed killer on every plush green patch of grass on campus would be kind of Awesome
Or the football field.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline h8ku

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2012, 10:47:27 AM »

As stated above -

You may want to review your report cards from grade school under the section labeled "reading".  Seems to me that was a rant about the good things that Currie has done and not about Weber. :dunno:

He also broke this rule, which is also more applicable.

"If you want to defend Currie, go start a "Official Don't Go To War Against John Currie" thread and post in it. Don't clutter this thread up trying to defend him. We know the positives of what he's done here and yet they pale in comparison to firebombing our basketball program."

The point being this isn't a thread for defending Currie (and his antics). People can put that crap on other threads.

FOCUS ON THE TASK AT HAND, PEOPLE!!! :chainsaw:

Offline Deez Nutz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2012, 10:47:45 AM »
fire john currie written with weed killer on every plush green patch of grass on campus would be kind of Awesome
Or the football field.

You mean if the football field were real grass instead of artificial turf?  Yeah, sure. 

Offline unleashthemob

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2012, 11:10:30 AM »
The Palco sign could use some fresh paint

Offline unleashthemob

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2012, 11:14:54 AM »
Or the football field.

You mean if the football field were real grass instead of artificial turf?  Yeah, sure.
maybe the hill on the east side

Offline bigDcat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
The Official War Against John Currie Thread
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2012, 11:18:32 AM »
I like the banner idea.  I think we can raise enough money.  However, I think we need to set targets.  I don't know if we could pull this together fast enough but a banner over Kauffman stadium on openning day would send the message and get news coverage.  Graduation in May would also be a good target for attention.

I think a banner at the spring game could be attainable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2012, 11:32:09 AM »

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2012, 11:34:27 AM »
 :thumbs:  good work kougz

Offline PikNik17

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2012, 11:39:52 AM »
If we are serious about getting rid of Currie and we aren't all talk, then we need to get the Kansas city media talking about us and our mission.  We need to establish a name that attracts like-minded individuals that are not on goEMAW.  We need a legitimate website explaining why we want Currie relieved of his duties.  Finally we need to get attention at major events.  The events do not need to be K-State related, but rather events that will be attended by sports media coverage.  I stated before and again I'll suggest a banner flown over Royals openning day.  I have no idea how much money it will cost or even if it is feasible.  However, I do know that there will be 30,000+ in attendance and every sports and news organization in KC will be there to cover the game.  Our banner will garner attention and will get talked about.

Online Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2012, 11:44:34 AM »
I think a shirt saying "John Currie hates K-State" would be pretty amazing.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2012, 11:48:28 AM »
The only language John speaks is money. Ahearn donations drying up and ticket sales plummeting are worth a million airplane banners and billboards.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2012, 11:48:41 AM »

I have an idea...

Offline AzCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2012, 12:07:39 PM »

So Currie blew into town & handed Prince a check to make him go away.  Big deal, anyone here could've handled that situation in the same manner and likely at equal or lower cost.

Make no mistake: Huggie & Frank built the basketball practice facility.  If Huggie doesn't come to Manhattan and leave us with a winning hoops staff the first dollar is never committed to that particular white elephant.  Now, with a shiny new $20M practice facility set to open, a preseason Top 25 team returning, an NCAA appearance next season being a floor for expectations & having just run off a coach who had more success in less time at KSU than Lon Kruger, Tex Winter, Jack Hartman, etc., the best Currie can do is a slow-motion train wreck who couldn't perform at an institution with massive natural advantages that KSU simply doesn't have (and a recruiter who brings in lots of talent ... who apparently isn't coming to Manhattan).  All for the low low price of 20+% more than we were just paying the most successful coach in KSU history.  Call it the "Currie Tax", the money way above market we're paying for guaranteed mediocrity.

The football expansion is great.  But now it's time to recognize that what John Currie can do for Kansas State he has already done.  He's reached the end of his utility for KSU athletics because the major & much needed facilities upgrades are already happening or are imminent (yes I am aware that there exists a never-ending wish list). 

Going forward Currie's primary function will be to retain successful coaches in & hire well for the two sports that drive the department and whose success is necessary for the success of the department.  He's already failed to retain the most successful coach in the history of KSU basketball.  In his first hire he's failed miserably in overpaying for guaranteed mediocrity ... at best.   I continue to believe that this hire serves John Currie's interests in that the disaster will unfold only over a few years thus giving him plenty of time to claim credit for next year's NCAA Tournament appearance & exit well before the horrific nature of the hire becomes undeniable.   He's a self-serving little weasel who should be tarred & feathered and run out of town on a rail for what just transpired in the basketball program.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 12:10:30 PM by AzCat »

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2012, 12:14:10 PM »

I have an idea...

catzacker

« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2012, 12:16:54 PM »
 :lol:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2012, 12:17:18 PM »

So Currie blew into town & handed Prince a check to make him go away.  Big deal, anyone here could've handled that situation in the same manner and likely at equal or lower cost.

Make no mistake: Huggie & Frank built the basketball practice facility.  If Huggie doesn't come to Manhattan and leave us with a winning hoops staff the first dollar is never committed to that particular white elephant.  Now, with a shiny new $20M practice facility set to open, a preseason Top 25 team returning, an NCAA appearance next season being a floor for expectations & having just run off a coach who had more success in less time at KSU than Lon Kruger, Tex Winter, Jack Hartman, etc., the best Currie can do is a slow-motion train wreck who couldn't perform at an institution with massive natural advantages that KSU simply doesn't have (and a recruiter who brings in lots of talent ... who apparently isn't coming to Manhattan).  All for the low low price of 20+% more than we were just paying the most successful coach in KSU history.  Call it the "Currie Tax", the money way above market we're paying for guaranteed mediocrity.

The football expansion is great.  But now it's time to recognize that what John Currie can do for Kansas State he has already done.  He's reached the end of his utility for KSU athletics because the major & much needed facilities upgrades are already happening or are imminent (yes I am aware that there exists a never-ending wish list). 

Going forward Currie's primary function will be to retain successful coaches in & hire well for the two sports that drive the department and whose success is necessary for the success of the department.  He's already failed to retain the most successful coach in the history of KSU basketball.  In his first hire he's failed miserably in overpaying for guaranteed mediocrity ... at best.   I continue to believe that this hire serves John Currie's interests in that the disaster will unfold only over a few years thus giving him plenty of time to claim credit for next year's NCAA Tournament appearance & exit well before the horrific nature of the hire becomes undeniable.   He's a self-serving little weasel who should be tarred & feathered and run out of town on a rail for what just transpired in the basketball program.

1000X this.  He is good at harassing people until they give money, horrible at everything else.

So, I think to get him fired the VERY FIRST STEP, is to expose the lies he has told the alums fans.

We need to expose the trash/floor receipt was phony and or lied about. 

We need to expose the chronology of the Weber hire was also a lie and it was most certainly sped up to cutoff the Gottlieb (or other actual outside the box coaches) movement.  We need to expose that he didn't really interview anyone else.  We need to expose his "charts" were all a lie.  And when he refuses to give us the charts, emails, interview notes etc. we need to expose that his "trasnparency" plank he has pushed only applies to what he wants you to see and/or the money he has raised.  Another lie.

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2012, 12:21:40 PM »

I have an idea...

This one is WAY better.  Also put currie's face on a chicken suit with "I hate Chicken Currie"  I was going to try it, but I'm no kougs.
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2012, 12:33:07 PM »

I have an idea...

This one is WAY better.  Also put currie's face on a chicken suit with "I hate Chicken Currie"  I was going to try it, but I'm no kougs.
Love kougs shirt and also love the chicken currie thing

Offline williamthewildcat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2012, 12:36:45 PM »
Here is my hope. Keep in mind that this is only how I hope it plays out.

1) Weber made no friends with his Bill Self funeral. If Self is any kind of a friend to Frank, he'll unleash the hounds on Weber and beat us by 55 for the next 3 years.

That should send the $ donors into a frenzy. Weber is fired and he leaves in disgrace and his voice actually goes up 3 octaves as he blames it all on the players.

It is my hope that John Currie is given the Braveheart treatment. His shoulders and hips should be dislocated. Following that he should be disemboweled. Then as he slowly bleeds out, the guillotine raises and he is asked to say his final words. In his last breath he is about to cry out something (probably "Rocky Top"), but I cut loose the blade and it slices through his neck and his head rolls into a basket.

The crowd screams out EEEEEMAW!

The severed head is delivered to Western Union with 200$ and a forwarding address to hell.

eff you, John Currie. eff you to hell.