Author Topic: SUPPORT oscar WEBER  (Read 36691 times)

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
SUPPORT oscar WEBER
« Reply #50 on: March 31, 2012, 06:56:33 PM »
Wow, unexpectedly a fantastic tuck outing thread.  eff you two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good is better than Evil because it's nicer.

Offline k-state87

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: SUPPORT oscar WEBER
« Reply #51 on: March 31, 2012, 06:57:55 PM »
Kellis Robinett ? @KellisRobinett
Players seem excited about oscar Weber. Will Spradling said he is coming back. Jordan Henriquez says everyone else is, too.

^If this tweet is true I support Weber, we have a good team coming back next year (if they stay). oscar has a very good opportunity in front of him if everyone stays. I wonder if JO knows if Angel is going to stay.

what the eff is JO spose to say "naw dude half us boyz are leaving"

That is why I said if it is true, then I will support Weber.

Offline WavetheWheat

• Point Plank'r
  • Combo-Fan
  • SteveDave's Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 31, 2012, 06:58:43 PM »
I dealt with so many "scoops" during KU the Turner Gill tenure at KU.  Anybody with a brain and some eyeballs could see that guy was going abject failure, but many regurgitate "give him 2 years" or "look at these great assistants"

The thing I learned is the "scoops" when they turn.  Turn hard.  It gets ugly.

So you knew he was going to fail three hours after he got hired?
Try 30 seconds after he was hired.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #53 on: March 31, 2012, 07:00:16 PM »
come on GFA everyone knew Gill was doomed from the start.  His bullshit may play at Buffalo but not a real school that plays other real schools

Offline turns_cats_trashy

• Combo-Fan
  • We're all living in Wally world
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 31, 2012, 07:02:30 PM »
We have a bunch of damned retards around here.  If you blindy support this fucknut, Currie is going to view that as a green light to take the entire athletic department to crap one hire at a time.  When it's time to replace Snyder, if God forbid Currie is still here, he's not going to think twice and he'll hire the first person some old fart recommends.  If we are lucky enough to be rid of Weber, he'll do the same thing again with the next basketball hire.  He doesn't give a eff whether we win or lose, and unless the fans show him that it matters, that's not going to change.

Ron Zook, hell we can replace Deb with Jolette Law too because their new super undouche AD came in, saw pretty much meh across the board and cleaned house. I love that guy.
"Kansas coach Bill Self, who wears the worst toupee we've seen in college sports yet is seemingly never called on it." - Deadspin

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 31, 2012, 07:04:16 PM »

I'm not saying its a great hire or a shitty hire. I'm just gonna see what happens before I melt down, that's all.  If in 2 years emaw basketball sucks then I'll be just as irate as everyone is today.

So, you want to wait to see if he repeats his failure at Illinios?  The early success with another guy's players, followed by a losing conference record?

I'd prefer to not wait for that. 

Offline scoops callahan

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 31, 2012, 07:05:10 PM »
I love you all. But seriously, give the guy a chance no matter what his background is. The hire could've been much worse, and honestly I don't think a much better coach would've came here maybe a little better coach but not a much much better one. If that made any sense, lol.
#LIFE

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 31, 2012, 07:07:16 PM »
We have a bunch of damned retards around here.  If you blindy support this fucknut, Currie is going to view that as a green light to take the entire athletic department to crap one hire at a time.  When it's time to replace Snyder, if God forbid Currie is still here, he's not going to think twice and he'll hire the first person some old fart recommends.  If we are lucky enough to be rid of Weber, he'll do the same thing again with the next basketball hire.  He doesn't give a eff whether we win or lose, and unless the fans show him that it matters, that's not going to change.

I support K-State. Yeah it doesn't make sense, that's the point. If the guy sucks then I'll be calling for his head but I can't see the future.

The best way to support K-State is to let the administration know this bullshit won't be tolerated and make sure it doesn't happen again.  John Currie and oscar Webber are not K-State.

I'm not saying its a great hire or a shitty hire. I'm just gonna see what happens before I melt down, that's all.  If in 2 years emaw basketball sucks then I'll be just as irate as everyone is today.

Exactly. I hate how everyone is bitching about the hire and he's never coached a game for KState yet. Give him a chance and let him prove himself before you all flip crap.

Hey dumbass, I know you're a dumbass and all but nobody needs to see him coach a game at K-State. He has proven he is a loser at the D1 level for the past 6 years. But don't expect to not get called a dumbass in the process. GTFOOH with that "wait and see" garbage.

Okay, come back and talk to me next March.

Next year proves absolutely nothing. Unless half the team leaves because they don't want to play for Weber, next year's team should be expected to make at least a sweet 16 and anything less than a making the 2nd round should be considered a dissapointment. The only way next season could influence me towards liking this hire is at least a final 4 and some indication of building a future (solid recruiting, solid coaching staff).

As a BCS program that has won a game in each of the last 3 NCAA tournaments and has shown a commitment to improving facilities we should not be forced to wait and see on a coach like Weber. I'd have been willing to wait and see on a gamble (like we did with Huggs and Frank, and could have done with Gottlieb) that would have brought a face and and an image to our program. Weber doesn't do that. Weber doesn't excite the fanbase, it doesn't excite the media, and it doesn't excite potential recruits.

Offline RonLongshaft

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 31, 2012, 07:08:52 PM »
Kellis Robinett ? @KellisRobinett
Players seem excited about oscar Weber. Will Spradling said he is coming back. Jordan Henriquez says everyone else is, too.

^If this tweet is true I support Weber, we have a good team coming back next year (if they stay). oscar has a very good opportunity in front of him if everyone stays. I wonder if JO knows if Angel is going to stay.

what the eff is JO spose to say "naw dude half us boyz are leaving"

That is why I said if it is true, then I will support Weber.

:thumbs:

Offline k-state87

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 31, 2012, 07:10:27 PM »
This might be a stretch but Bob Gottlieb (Doug's dad) help get oscar Weber his 1st coaching job at Western Kentucky. What if Weber puts Doug on his coaching staff?

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 31, 2012, 07:13:27 PM »
This might be a stretch but Bob Gottlieb (Doug's dad) help get oscar Weber his 1st coaching job at Western Kentucky. What if Weber puts Doug on his coaching staff?

What if I had a unicorn that gave blow jobs?

Offline RonLongshaft

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 31, 2012, 07:14:24 PM »

Gots doesn't want or needs a paycut. dude wouldnt get enough TV time

Offline scoops callahan

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 31, 2012, 07:14:33 PM »

WavetheWheat pointed out that on the most exciting day in college basketball every year that Doug hasn't been tweeting much so that's kinda good, maybe a deal going down?
#LIFE

Offline WavetheWheat

• Point Plank'r
  • Combo-Fan
  • SteveDave's Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 31, 2012, 07:15:12 PM »
As I said earlier.   Twitter machine gun Gottlieb has not sent a tweet all day on the biggest hoops day of the year.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 31, 2012, 07:16:51 PM »
This thread is why we can't have nice things. Our fans are swayed by completely awful press conferences apparently.

Offline scoops callahan

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 31, 2012, 07:17:51 PM »

It'll be easier for him to get a head coaching job in a few years though if he starts as a AC
#LIFE

Offline RonLongshaft

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 31, 2012, 07:19:29 PM »

It'll be easier for him to get a head coaching job in a few years though if he starts as a AC

we landed on the moon!!!! no crap capt obvious, but why isn't he one already then?

Offline scoops callahan

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 31, 2012, 07:21:38 PM »

we landed on the moon!!!! no crap capt obvious, but why isn't he one already then?

Don't ask me, ask Doug.
#LIFE

Offline turns_cats_trashy

• Combo-Fan
  • We're all living in Wally world
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 31, 2012, 07:22:10 PM »

So, you want to wait to see if he repeats his failure at Illinios?  The early success with another guy's players, followed by a losing conference record?

I'd prefer to not wait for that.

If ksu hoops was real thing and they had BW as HC this is the exact scenario that would play out.
"Kansas coach Bill Self, who wears the worst toupee we've seen in college sports yet is seemingly never called on it." - Deadspin

Offline Doberman_CATS!!!

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 31, 2012, 07:24:48 PM »

Teeth or no teeth?

Offline k-state87

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 31, 2012, 07:26:13 PM »

I would say you could probably make some $$$$.

Offline Barry McCockner

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 31, 2012, 07:27:18 PM »
I love you all. But seriously, give the guy a chance no matter what his background is. The hire could've been much worse, and honestly I don't think a much better coach would've came here maybe a little better coach but not a much much better one. If that made any sense, lol.

Would you be saying the same thing if we'd brought back Jim Wooldridge?  What if we had hired Bob Chipman?  What if Deb Patterson took over the men's team?  Is there any hire shitty enough to piss you off?
"WELL BARYY YOU GOTTA DO WHAT YOU DO BECUZ IF YOU DONT DO IT, THEN WHO WILL - YOU GOTTA HAVE HART AND DATERMANASHIN AND FLOURIDE IN YOUR SYSTEM TO BE A TRUE CHAMPION" - The Ed

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 31, 2012, 07:30:36 PM »
scoops and other guy who is not important enough for me to remember his name:

first off, eff the both of you.  Because of douchebags like you, we're stuck in these positions.  the "wait and see" attitude would be valid except for the fact that we have a track record of the stupid bad person.  he's going to suck.  we'll be hovering around .500 in conference play in a good year, and we'll host a few NIT games at best.

instead of acting like self important assholes, why don't you use your love for kstate for good, and let the administration know that you aren't accepting this shitstorm. 

eat a bag of dicks, scoop. 

Offline Barry McCockner

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 31, 2012, 07:32:32 PM »
Yeah, that.
"WELL BARYY YOU GOTTA DO WHAT YOU DO BECUZ IF YOU DONT DO IT, THEN WHO WILL - YOU GOTTA HAVE HART AND DATERMANASHIN AND FLOURIDE IN YOUR SYSTEM TO BE A TRUE CHAMPION" - The Ed

Offline scoops callahan

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 31, 2012, 07:32:48 PM »

Would you be saying the same thing if we'd brought back Jim Wooldridge?  What if we had hired Bob Chipman?  What if Deb Patterson took over the men's team?  Is there any hire shitty enough to piss you off?

Of course. If we hired any of those 3 I would be furious just like most of you guys.. however I feel like oscar has some upside and can really do some good things. A bunch of stories on the internet have been saying its a good hire for kstate too. I don't know what most of you people mad are thinking but I'm sure you guys will be Weber fans real quick!
#LIFE