Author Topic: Press conference open thread  (Read 28760 times)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Press conference open thread
« Reply #275 on: March 31, 2012, 05:36:54 PM »
Really hope NBAF goes and a major leak happens.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 31, 2012, 08:53:27 PM »
I was able to keep my rage from boiling over until the Dean Smith comment. Then I just rough ridin' erupted. It's one thing for an athletic director to be condescending to his/her fanbase, but Currie is just showing outright contempt. It's hilariously despotic.

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: March 31, 2012, 08:58:52 PM »
I lost my cool at the ernie barnett flub. 
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: March 31, 2012, 09:01:37 PM »

I could give a crap if he called OB Rob Snider. I was more pissed about him not having any plan other than try and keep someone from the current staff because he still can't believe someone hired him.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: March 31, 2012, 09:01:44 PM »
I was able to keep my rage from boiling over until the Dean Smith comment. Then I just rough ridin' erupted. It's one thing for an athletic director to be condescending to his/her fanbase, but Currie is just showing outright contempt. It's hilariously despotic.

Also threw a Tad Boyle-related jab in there for the tucks, about not hiring someone associated with KU.

Or I could have heard that wrong, as I was :facepalm:ing hard at the time.

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: March 31, 2012, 09:04:47 PM »

I could give a crap if he called OB Rob Snider. I was more pissed about him not having any plan other than try and keep someone from the current staff because he still can't believe someone hired him.

Yeah but it's two symptoms of the exact same disease.  He just doesn't care.
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline The Whale

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: March 31, 2012, 09:06:13 PM »
We have to get Currie fired at this point, don't we?

I don't want that Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) to get to leave for a better job -- I want him to have to explain to potential future employers why he was fired at KSU for turning men's basketball into a dumpster fire.

Offline BostonPancake

• Katpak'r
  • I'm all about the T in TSC.
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: March 31, 2012, 09:08:11 PM »

I thought it was great.  The plan of "hey...throw some name around of some old K-Staters around and everyone will think your great"  totally backfired.  Weber doesn't know who the eff Ernie Barrett is and he probably had never heard of Jack Hartman until 15 minutes before the press conference.  It was an obvious ploy to appease to tucks and it blew up in his face.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: March 31, 2012, 09:55:40 PM »

I thought it was great.  The plan of "hey...throw some name around of some old K-Staters around and everyone will think your great"  totally backfired.  Weber doesn't know who the eff Ernie Barrett is and he probably had never heard of Jack Hartman until 15 minutes before the press conference.  It was an obvious ploy to appease to tucks and it blew up in his face.

"The first thing I look for is tradition. I mean, c'mon....K-State? They only had awesome-o coaches like Jack Hartman, Jack--didn't I just say Jack?--oh! Jack Gardner.....Cotton Fitzgeraldpatrick--er, dagummit, messed that up didn't I? Hur hur hur! Oh, and I just recently went back to the fine buffet and spoke to MR. K-STATE HIMSELF, Gary Barnett!"

Offline SuperG

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: April 01, 2012, 01:02:21 AM »

"The first thing I look for is tradition. I mean, c'mon....K-State? They only had awesome-o coaches like Jack Hartman, Jack--didn't I just say Jack?--oh! Jack Gardner.....Cotton Fitzgeraldpatrick--er, dagummit, messed that up didn't I? Hur hur hur! Oh, and I just recently went back to the fine buffet and spoke to MR. K-STATE HIMSELF, Gary Barnett!"

This completely insincere and completely botched ploy is how John Currie and oscar Weber thought it would be best to start off this new era of Kansas State Basketball... It's a slap in the face.

It's been said before, but it bears repeating: John Currie thinks you're stupid.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: April 01, 2012, 01:05:29 AM »
John Currie Thinks You're Stupid is going to look great on a t-shirt.  (All proceeds going to Fatty's Fund, of course.)

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: April 01, 2012, 01:10:18 AM »
John Currie Thinks You're Stupid is going to look great on a t-shirt.  (All proceeds going to Fatty's Fund, of course.)

This is a great idea.

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: April 01, 2012, 04:42:48 AM »
Angel not in attendance, fwiw.

ar-t = hero.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline massofcatfan

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: April 01, 2012, 08:19:28 AM »

This is a great idea.

Because it's true.
I want to wake up in a city that never sleeps, etc.

Offline OKclone

• Taco Walk'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: April 01, 2012, 12:18:08 PM »
This thread was fun to read. :driving:
RIP Coach Orr 1927-2013

Offline youchooseausername

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: April 01, 2012, 12:22:28 PM »
It was not fun to live.
"The sad thing about the whole thing is it's my fault.  Instead of creating toughness and developing a team, I coached not to lose all year.  It's sad to be honest."

- oscar Weber

Offline FP TC etc.

• Katpak'r
  • USA! USA! USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: April 01, 2012, 01:34:34 PM »
Angel not in attendance, fwiw.

ar-t = hero.

He was in KC with all the freshmen.

Offline peetMOSS13

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: April 01, 2012, 03:07:05 PM »
I'm glad there is no video. oscar Weber is Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) looking.

Give it time, because the way Weber talks is going to annoy the hell out of you.

Offline AzCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: April 01, 2012, 03:32:52 PM »
We have to get Currie fired at this point, don't we?

I don't want that Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) to get to leave for a better job -- I want him to have to explain to potential future employers why he was fired at KSU for turning men's basketball into a dumpster fire.

When Currie goes he's going to a better gig, that train left the station with the football stadium upgrade.  Building his Taj Mahal out on the plains right next to the meat goat facility will be enough to guarantee that he could hire Roseanne Barr to replace LHC Bill Snyder and 80% of BCS schools would still take him as AD and feel really good about it.