Author Topic: The adidas McDonald's All-American game  (Read 4766 times)

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
Re: The adidas McDonald's All-American game
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2012, 12:57:59 AM »
Ellis is pretty soft.  I figured Danny would toughen him up and have him playing like a stud by his sophomore or junior season.  Curious how his career will play out now...

Last time I checked, KU still had Bill Self.  We'll see who fills in as his big man coach. 

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2012, 01:06:58 AM »
I don't know Self's record with big men, I do know Danny's.  Not saying Ellis won't be good, just saying losing Danny will have an impact on his play.  Hell, the new guy might be better, I don't know.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2012, 01:16:34 AM »
I don't know Self's record with big men, I do know Danny's.  Not saying Ellis won't be good, just saying losing Danny will have an impact on his play.  Hell, the new guy might be better, I don't know.

Only you would fall for the Manning-bigman garbage. :jerk:

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2012, 01:23:50 AM »

It's not garbage, stunts.  Manning was a big draw for big men recruits, and his experience in the NBA and knowledge of the game definitely translated to his coaching ability.  KU's big men have improved every single year they've been in the program.  Look at their progression as opposed to a player like Jamar Samuels, who didn't really improve at all after his sophomore season.  Manning's impact might have been slightly over-hyped, but to pretend like he didn't have any sort of impact on the development of KU's big men is absurd.

Offline kcchiefdav

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2012, 06:05:47 AM »

It's not garbage, stunts.  Manning was a big draw for big men recruits, and his experience in the NBA and knowledge of the game definitely translated to his coaching ability.  KU's big men have improved every single year they've been in the program.  Look at their progression as opposed to a player like Jamar Samuels, who didn't really improve at all after his sophomore season.  Manning's impact might have been slightly over-hyped, but to pretend like he didn't have any sort of impact on the development of KU's big men is absurd.

I hate when Beems is right.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2012, 06:08:10 AM »
 :jerk:

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2012, 06:38:31 AM »
We're a football school Beems.

You're a basketball school that currently has a good football program.

Wait til dumbass hires Jank or Ted

I wish Beems, I wish.