Author Topic: George Zimmerman is a piece of crap  (Read 200733 times)

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: Trayvon Martin
« Reply #1825 on: July 16, 2013, 12:19:58 AM »
I can basically see what this woman looks like and I've never seen her before.

:lol:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: July 16, 2013, 12:21:18 AM »
I guarantee she doesn't even read her own book. She will just use it for the parrot cages.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: July 16, 2013, 12:32:04 AM »
http://gawker.com/george-zimmerman-juror-b37-hates-media-called-trayvon-787873533

The prosecution let that on the jury  :confused:

They can only reject so many and you have to keep in mind that they only were allowed to choose from dumbasses who didn't know any details about the case.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: July 16, 2013, 06:35:12 AM »
it wasn't that long ago that pc idiots were trying to propagate the terminology for non-white people as "people of color".  i remember people that care about language making fun of the effort: "jeans of blue", "barn of red", etc.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
Trayvon Martin
« Reply #1830 on: July 16, 2013, 06:42:51 AM »
I guarantee she doesn't even read her own book. She will just use it for the parrot cages.

She got bullied clean out of publishing it last night.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: July 16, 2013, 07:22:05 AM »
If you get into an altercation and no witnesses saw who intsigated the fight, as long as you kill the other party, you're free to go.  That's the law. 

there were witnesses and audio dumbass

hey dumbass, there were no witnesses who saw who started the fight.

Offline GCJayhawker

• Point Plank'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: July 16, 2013, 07:23:41 AM »
Is K-S-U a licensed attorney or does he just play one on gE?

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: July 16, 2013, 07:41:42 AM »
Is K-S-U a licensed attorney or does he just play one on gE?

K-S-U lives in a Holiday Inn Express. 

Ask him anything about healthcare, he's an expert there too.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: July 16, 2013, 08:20:31 AM »

She got bullied clean out of publishing it last night.

Good. The weak don't deserve good things.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: July 16, 2013, 08:42:55 AM »
The thing that bothers me more than anything is that relatively little attention has been paid to the absolutely insane laws in place that protected George Zimmerman.

Stand your ground didn't play any roll in this trial.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Trayvon Martin
« Reply #1836 on: July 16, 2013, 08:48:36 AM »
it wasn't that long ago that pc idiots were trying to propagate the terminology for non-white people as "people of color".  i remember people that care about language making fun of the effort: "jeans of blue", "barn of red", etc.

pc idiots

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: July 16, 2013, 08:52:04 AM »
The thing that bothers me more than anything is that relatively little attention has been paid to the absolutely insane laws in place that protected George Zimmerman.

The victim being black and the shooter looking like a white man played a much larger role.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: July 16, 2013, 08:57:35 AM »

The victim being black and the shooter looking like a white man played a much larger role.

I guess we'll find out for sure when the DOJ charges him.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: July 16, 2013, 08:58:10 AM »

In the trial occurring? Agreed. In the outcome of the trial? I really doubt it. The outcome was pretty much preordained based on the lack of evidence to support guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. the only question was whether the jury would follow the law or vote out of compassion, and they followed the law.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: July 16, 2013, 09:02:55 AM »

I guess we'll find out for sure when the DOJ charges him.

I'm probably giving the DOJ too much credit, but I doubt they'll charge him. GZ didn't kill TM because he was black (a "hate crime") - he killed him because the two were involved in a fight. And while it's possible that GZ followed TM because he was black (all evidence to the contrary), this does not constitute a hate crime.

More likely, this will just be "under investigation" for the indefinite future. It's a way for the Obama administration to soothe the base.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: July 16, 2013, 09:06:49 AM »

In the trial occurring? Agreed. In the outcome of the trial? I really doubt it. The outcome was pretty much preordained based on the lack of evidence to support guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. the only question was whether the jury would follow the law or vote out of compassion, and they followed the law.

They are following the law no matter how they vote. The law allows for a jury system to interpret the law in any way they see fit. If you are on the jury and you are not ok with somebody chasing down and shooting an unarmed kid to death, you vote guilty. Apparently these jurors are ok with that happening to a black kid. We don't know how they would have voted if Zimmerman were black and Trayvon were white.

And LOL at there not being any evidence. The 911 call was the only piece of relevant evidence presented by either side, but it was very damning. Without the 911 call, I would say that Zimmerman should be voted not guilty. The call provided evidence from Zimmerman himself that he scared Trayvon enough for him to flee, and then Zimmerman pursued him with a gun. Trayvon was then found shot to death by that gun. Nothing that happened in between matters at all.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: July 16, 2013, 09:08:28 AM »
Harvard Law Prof Alan Dershowitz says Angela Corey should be disbarred:

She submitted an affidavit that was, if not perjurious, completely misleading. She violated all kinds of rules of the profession, and her conduct bordered on criminal conduct. She, by the way, has a horrible reputation in Florida. She's known for overcharging, she's known for being highly political. And in this case, of course she overcharged. Halfway through the trial she realized she wasn't going to get a second degree murder verdict, so she asked for a compromised verdict, for manslaughter. And then, she went even further and said that she was going to charge him with child abuse and felony murder. That was such a stretch that it goes beyond anything professionally responsible. She was among the most irresponsible prosecutors I've seen in 50 years of litigating cases, and believe me, I've seen good prosecutors, bad prosecutors, but rarely have I seen one as bad as this prosecutor, Corey.

:sdeek:

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: July 16, 2013, 09:17:14 AM »
They are following the law no matter how they vote. The law allows for a jury system to interpret the law in any way they see fit.

No and no. They must follow the law as presented to them. In this case, they only needed to decide whether the state proved beyond a reasonable doubt that GZ did not have a reasonable fear of death or serious bodily harm unless he acted in self defense. Now, of course the jury has room to decide whether GZ's fear was "reasonable." But to use an extreme example, if a juror were to vote not guilty just because they don't like black people, that's not following the law. If a juror were to say "I just don't think GZ proved he was acting in self defense," that's not following the law. If a juror were to say "I don't know if he acted in self defense or not, but I feel terrible for Trayvon's parents, so I'm voting guilty," that's not following the law. If a juror were to say "I think GZ profiled Trayvon so there's no way I'm even going to consider self defense," that's not following the law.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: July 16, 2013, 09:19:47 AM »
They are following the law no matter how they vote. The law allows for a jury system to interpret the law in any way they see fit.

No and no. They must follow the law as presented to them.

They must? What is the penalty if they don't?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1845 on: July 16, 2013, 09:21:17 AM »
If I were a juror I would ask "How on earth could somebody who scared a kid into running away chase him down with a gun and then claim self defense?" And then I would vote guilty.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: July 16, 2013, 09:21:46 AM »

A book deal.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: July 16, 2013, 09:24:50 AM »
Harvard Law Prof Alan Dershowitz says Angela Corey should be disbarred:

She submitted an affidavit that was, if not perjurious, completely misleading. She violated all kinds of rules of the profession, and her conduct bordered on criminal conduct. She, by the way, has a horrible reputation in Florida. She's known for overcharging, she's known for being highly political. And in this case, of course she overcharged. Halfway through the trial she realized she wasn't going to get a second degree murder verdict, so she asked for a compromised verdict, for manslaughter. And then, she went even further and said that she was going to charge him with child abuse and felony murder. That was such a stretch that it goes beyond anything professionally responsible. She was among the most irresponsible prosecutors I've seen in 50 years of litigating cases, and believe me, I've seen good prosecutors, bad prosecutors, but rarely have I seen one as bad as this prosecutor, Corey.

:sdeek:

I thought she was like the greatest prosecutor of all time?  weird

Offline GCJayhawker

• Point Plank'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: July 16, 2013, 09:28:35 AM »

For the most part nothing happens. It could result in an overturn on appeal, but that doesn't happen as much as some people would think.  when a jury doesn't follow the law and votes for other reasons it is called jury nullification.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: July 16, 2013, 09:34:23 AM »

The same laws are in place in Kansas and most other states. It was just a standard self-defense claim, and there's nothing really special about it.

You said that a lot, then someone pointed out that Stand Your Ground was mentioned in the jury instructions and you seemed surprised and now you seem to be claiming that it had no effect again.

That "someone" was me. The SYG portion was just a carryover from the standard jury instruction. I was surprised that the defense didn't try (maybe they did) to take that part out, since they never claimed SYG and it didn't fit with theri theory of the case.

Again, stand your ground had no application to this case. GZ claimed he couldn't retreat, and it is therefore irrelevant that he didn't have to retreat.

Yet, somehow it was in the jury instructions.  I guess they just didn't want to redraft and have to submit a clean copy to the judge.  Seems like a lot of work.  Just throw in an instruction that isn't part of the case and assume the jury will ignore it.  Whew.  Let's get lunch.