Author Topic: George Zimmerman is a piece of crap  (Read 200797 times)

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
Re: Trayvon Martin
« Reply #575 on: June 28, 2013, 01:17:56 PM »
Am I the only one who doesn't think this whole thing is interesting or remarkable in any way?

No.  That's why I'm mocking the crap out of it.  Should be a non-story, like Tebow.

:facepalm:

We've gone over this multiple times already, but the reason it's not just another case is because of how long it took for the Sanford police to arrest Zimmerman.  The community started getting pissed after months had gone by and no arrests had been made for the murder of an unarmed teenager.

Happens every day in every metro in the country.

No it doesn't.  Maybe if they're still searching for the murder suspect, but they knew Zimmerman was responsible for the killing from the start.

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: June 28, 2013, 01:19:20 PM »
The fact that Zimmerman had a concealed carry permit is some additional mumped up crap.

lol, no it isn't

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: June 28, 2013, 01:19:52 PM »
Am I the only one who doesn't think this whole thing is interesting or remarkable in any way?

zimmerman isnt on your fantasy team is he, pete?
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: June 28, 2013, 01:20:37 PM »
Every time someone kills someone in self defense my point is made.  That happens a lot.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: June 28, 2013, 01:21:21 PM »
Every time someone kills someone in self defense my point is made.  That happens a lot.

No it isn't.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: June 28, 2013, 01:23:07 PM »

No it isn't.

Sure it is.  Someone kills someone, cops don't have the evidence to prosecute, point made.  While "murder" may have been committed by the letter of the law, you can't arrest without the evidence that would support a conviction.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: June 28, 2013, 01:23:24 PM »

Unfortunately, someone getting shot and killed is passee. The interest is in how and why people justify murder. I can't recall another case where someone admitted to shooting an unarmed youth who was not in the process of committing a crime and so many people are finding reasons to make it okay. This is where the racial component comes into play for most. If a licensed dark skinned Mexican shot a pretty blonde girl who shoplifted once or twice,  I'd doubt as many gun nuts would cape up for the "wetback."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Trayvon Martin
« Reply #582 on: June 28, 2013, 01:24:01 PM »
The fact that Zimmerman had a concealed carry permit is some additional mumped up crap.

lol, no it isn't

He's been under a restraining order for beating up his fiancée. People like that shouldn't be allowed to have a gun, period, much less a concealed carry permit.

Also, why didn't Zimmerman use the gun to keep Martin from kicking his ass? Don't they teach how to properly use a gun to prevent altercations when you get your permit?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: June 28, 2013, 01:24:39 PM »

No it isn't.

Sure it is.  Someone kills someone, cops don't have the evidence to prosecute, point made.  While "murder" may have been committed by the letter of the law, you can't arrest without the evidence that would support a conviction.

How often does an unarmed teenager who isn't even trespassing on somebody's property killed in self defense?

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: June 28, 2013, 01:24:54 PM »

Unfortunately, someone getting shot and killed is passee. The interest is in how and why people justify murder. I can't recall another case where someone admitted to shooting an unarmed youth who was not in the process of committing a crime and so many people are finding reasons to make it okay. This is where the racial component comes into play for most. If a licensed dark skinned Mexican shot a pretty blonde girl who shoplifted once or twice,  I'd doubt as many gun nuts would cape up for the "wetback."

He was beating the crap out of Zimmerman

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: June 28, 2013, 01:25:07 PM »
If you make the choice to pursue and confront a stranger on the street you run the risk of getting your ass kicked.

I feel like people who don't think Zimmerman started this fight are the people who think they can do or say whatever they want to people without getting their asses kicked. In this case its particularly ironic because these same people are okay with shooting an unarmed person. "I can shoot you but you can't punch me."

I think it was foolish for GZ to follow TM, but you seem to be saying that if someone is following you, it's OK to physically assault them to the point of beating them bloody. At this point, there is no proof that GZ ever touched, or even got in the face of TM. GZ was on the phone with the police, so it's obvious his only goal was to keep TM in sight until the police arrived.

Yes, I think following someone close enough for a fight to happen at night with no one else around is grounds for getting your ass kicked. There's a reason why none of us have ever done the same.  If Martin did just spin around and just started pounding Zimmerman (that didn't happen), it is logical to assume that Martin felt unsafe because this large man was tailing him. If Zimmerman asked Martin what he was doing there, that is even more provocation for a fight. I work in an industry where I have to train 18-22 year olds how to deal with unfamiliar faces, if Zimmerman couldn't do that without invoking violence he should have stayed in his truck or better yet in his house.

I understand what you're saying, and at Martin's age, I may have confronted Zimmerman, too. But, unfortunately for Martin, if you start beating that person and they have a concealed carry permit, you may end up dead, and the shooter may be found justified in court.

Thing is you don't really believe this. All you have done with this statement is inform us how little you value Martin's life. If Trayvon Martin was your nephew in your scenario you would no doubt demand justice. I'm pretty sure though you will still very wrongly and bullheadedly stick to this obviously stupid talking point because you have to be right.

If Trayvon was my nephew, I would be asking myself why he didn't call 911 and run.

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
  • stay together for the kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: June 28, 2013, 01:25:33 PM »
He RAN!

EDIT: Per Zimmerman's 911 call

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: June 28, 2013, 01:26:35 PM »
At least john doug and ER3 are somewhat compelling to argue with, EMO's arguments are so elementary and moronic that its frustrating to read.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Trayvon Martin
« Reply #588 on: June 28, 2013, 01:26:43 PM »

lol, no it isn't

He's been under a restraining order for beating up his fiancée. People like that shouldn't be allowed to have a gun, period, much less a concealed carry permit.

Also, why didn't Zimmerman use the gun to keep Martin from kicking his ass? Don't they teach how to properly use a gun to prevent altercations when you get your permit?

Like, here's rough ridin' lesson one: Don't let the bad guy get close enough to kick your ass and take your gun and rough ridin' blast you with your own gun, dipshits.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: June 28, 2013, 01:27:05 PM »
If you make the choice to pursue and confront a stranger on the street you run the risk of getting your ass kicked.

I feel like people who don't think Zimmerman started this fight are the people who think they can do or say whatever they want to people without getting their asses kicked. In this case its particularly ironic because these same people are okay with shooting an unarmed person. "I can shoot you but you can't punch me."

I think it was foolish for GZ to follow TM, but you seem to be saying that if someone is following you, it's OK to physically assault them to the point of beating them bloody. At this point, there is no proof that GZ ever touched, or even got in the face of TM. GZ was on the phone with the police, so it's obvious his only goal was to keep TM in sight until the police arrived.

Yes, I think following someone close enough for a fight to happen at night with no one else around is grounds for getting your ass kicked. There's a reason why none of us have ever done the same.  If Martin did just spin around and just started pounding Zimmerman (that didn't happen), it is logical to assume that Martin felt unsafe because this large man was tailing him. If Zimmerman asked Martin what he was doing there, that is even more provocation for a fight. I work in an industry where I have to train 18-22 year olds how to deal with unfamiliar faces, if Zimmerman couldn't do that without invoking violence he should have stayed in his truck or better yet in his house.

We have no idea how the physical fight started, so please don't pretend to. However, Martin probably initiated physical contact, and here's why: According to Dee Dee, the last thing she heard before the phone hit the ground was Zimmerman saying "what are you going here?" Why would Zimmerman say that if he just planned to jump Martin the second after he asked the question? Why would Zimmerman call the police, period, if he planned to jump him?

And is asking "what are you doing here?" really grounds to be attacked? How about just responding "mind your own business" or better yet, "I'm staying with my dad, who lives right over there."

And once the physical confrontation ensues, its laughable to hear the morons on this board pretend to know exactly how they would have reacted in that situation. "Oh, I would have just fired a warning shot!"  :lol: "I would have just thrown my gun somewhere where he couldn't get it!"  :lol: "Oh, I would have just pointed the gun at him and hoped the guy beating me up didn't take it away from me!"

From a legal standpoint, I agree that Zimmerman seems likely to be acquitted, but I guess I'm one of the few who (if the facts are as I understand them, and that's a big IF) doesn't think Zimmerman did anything wrong.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: June 28, 2013, 01:27:22 PM »

No it isn't.

How often does an unarmed teenager who isn't even trespassing on somebody's property killed in self defense?

Don't know, but...

Criminologist Gary Kleck estimates that 2.5 million Americans use guns to defend themselves each year. Out of that number, 400,000 believe that but for their firearms, they would have been dead.

Professor Emeritus James Q. Wilson, the UCLA public policy expert, says: "We know from Census Bureau surveys that something beyond 100,000 uses of guns for self-defense occur every year. We know from smaller surveys of a commercial nature that the number may be as high as 2 1/2 or 3 million. We don't know what the right number is, but whatever the right number is, it's not a trivial number."

So millions of times a year someone "defends" themselves with guns.  Of course someone doesn't die every time, but I'm betting lots do.  I also guarantee some of those were suspicious but not prosecuted.

http://townhall.com/columnists/larryelder/2012/07/26/yes_guns_kill_but_how_often_are_they_used_in_selfdefense/page/full

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: June 28, 2013, 01:30:02 PM »

Nope.  But, I didn't know the part about the cops not arresting the shooter until way later.  I guess that part was pretty bad.  I honestly didn't know very much about this thing at all until I read up on this thread a few minutes ago.

Shooting kids is bad, and not good.  go cats

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: June 28, 2013, 01:30:44 PM »
I'm sure it's just a coincidence that everyone on Team Zimmerman is a gun nut conservative. 

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: June 28, 2013, 01:32:00 PM »

He was beating the crap out of Zimmerman

Not the point and you know that.

Anyway, Fighting someone in and of its own is not a crime, there have to be mitigating circumstances, those of which we don't know. If Martin felt he was in danger he, by law, can protect himself.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: June 28, 2013, 01:33:18 PM »

We have no idea how the physical fight started, so please don't pretend to. However, Martin probably initiated physical contact, and here's why: According to Dee Dee, the last thing she heard before the phone hit the ground was Zimmerman saying "what are you going here?" Why would Zimmerman say that if he just planned to jump Martin the second after he asked the question? Why would Zimmerman call the police, period, if he planned to jump him?

And is asking "what are you doing here?" really grounds to be attacked? How about just responding "mind your own business" or better yet, "I'm staying with my dad, who lives right over there."

And once the physical confrontation ensues, its laughable to hear the morons on this board pretend to know exactly how they would have reacted in that situation. "Oh, I would have just fired a warning shot!"  :lol: "I would have just thrown my gun somewhere where he couldn't get it!"  :lol: "Oh, I would have just pointed the gun at him and hoped the guy beating me up didn't take it away from me!"

From a legal standpoint, I agree that Zimmerman seems likely to be acquitted, but I guess I'm one of the few who (if the facts are as I understand them, and that's a big IF) doesn't think Zimmerman did anything wrong.

You would have to just be an awful human being to not think that Zimmerman did anything wrong here, K-S-U-.

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: June 28, 2013, 01:34:15 PM »
If Martin Zimmerman felt he was in danger he, by law, can protect himself.

:dunno:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: June 28, 2013, 01:34:41 PM »

Nope.  But, I didn't know the part about the cops not arresting the shooter until way later.  I guess that part was pretty bad.  I honestly didn't know very much about this thing at all until I read up on this thread a few minutes ago.

Shooting kids is bad, and not good.  go cats

it's a mumped up situation with a lot of compelling things going on. your run of the mill kansas dumbass may not think there is, but there is.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: June 28, 2013, 01:39:22 PM »
I just think you guys are focused on the wrong part here.  I don't care about Zimmerman/Martin and this particular trial.  I don't think this is a (valid) race issue.

I do think there ought to be outrage over the law, and motivation to change it, so that this shouldn't happen again.

FWIW, I didn't know Zimm had a restraining order, and I'm surprised that Florida law would allow a CCW permit to be active in that scenario.  I don't think that's the case in most states.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: June 28, 2013, 01:41:51 PM »

No it isn't.

Don't know, but...

Criminologist Gary Kleck estimates that 2.5 million Americans use guns to defend themselves each year. Out of that number, 400,000 believe that but for their firearms, they would have been dead.

Professor Emeritus James Q. Wilson, the UCLA public policy expert, says: "We know from Census Bureau surveys that something beyond 100,000 uses of guns for self-defense occur every year. We know from smaller surveys of a commercial nature that the number may be as high as 2 1/2 or 3 million. We don't know what the right number is, but whatever the right number is, it's not a trivial number."

So millions of times a year someone "defends" themselves with guns.  Of course someone doesn't die every time, but I'm betting lots do.  I also guarantee some of those were suspicious but not prosecuted.

http://townhall.com/columnists/larryelder/2012/07/26/yes_guns_kill_but_how_often_are_they_used_in_selfdefense/page/full

Those numbers are absurd.  Both of those clowns don't even pretend to support those assertions with actual data.. 

For a little context:  851 accidental gun deaths each year and 19,300 suicides with guns each year.  2.5 million times a year a gun is used to ward off a lowlife?  Give me a break.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: June 28, 2013, 01:42:56 PM »

Hey dumbass, even if Martin did initiate contact in your wild ass assumptive scenario,  depending on circumstance Martin could have the legal right to do so. Are you sure that Zimmerman didn't lift his shirt and show the gun? Are you sure that Zimmerman didn't say "n-word, I'm going to beat, rape, drag, hang, and burn you for walking in my neighborhood?" No, none of this know any of this. What we do know is that Zimmerman actively pursued, even chased, an unarmed law abiding 17 year old kid and ended up shooting him to death. I don't care about the circumstances of the interim because we can't know what happened.  I thought gun owners were supposed to be well trained and responsible?