Author Topic: Nail in McNeck's Coffin  (Read 6096 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Nail in McNeck's Coffin
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2010, 10:27:28 PM »
unless you are really into wrestling, it just has to suck to be an iowa st fan. 

Don't forget we made a bowl game, and ISU supports all of its athletic programs.

thats like being a blindly loyal royals fan and celebrating a .500 season.

It's more like a Royals fan who goes to every single game and celebrates a .500 season. Call it how you see it though.
OT: me and brother abana were discussing the "We Believe" Royals season. what a season. :cry:

I'm a Red Sox fan, went to a Royals Sox game that year and got a free Nostros Creemos t-shirt, thought it was elite, shirt got jacked from me in Maine of all places, I was pissed that was a sweet shirt.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Scary Smart

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2010, 09:06:33 AM »
team cancers, fracking pussies, etc.

http://gazetteonline.com/blogs/the-hlog/2010/04/16/iowa-state-ad-jamie-pollard-addresses-cyclone-basketballs-transfer-mania

However, it also helps to keep our transfers in perspective. My peers and I continually discuss the epidemic around the country in the sport of basketball. In the past two years over 500 men’s basketball players have transferred from a Division I team to another program. That number is absolutely amazing. Unfortunately if a kid’s world is not absolutely perfect (in their mind), they run from the problem rather than deal with it. Makes you wonder if it is the first signs of our society’s change in our early education program (no longer give kids grades – everybody passes; can’t keep score, everybody has to win; if you do not like something, have mom or dad complain on your behalf). Personally I wonder how that generation is going to survive in the real world when mom or dad or AAU coach are not there for them during their first job interview or first job evaluation. The bottom line is life is not a video game, you can’t just hit reset if you do not like your initial score.

:lol:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2010, 09:08:46 AM »

http://gazetteonline.com/blogs/the-hlog/2010/04/16/iowa-state-ad-jamie-pollard-addresses-cyclone-basketballs-transfer-mania

However, it also helps to keep our transfers in perspective. My peers and I continually discuss the epidemic around the country in the sport of basketball. In the past two years over 500 men’s basketball players have transferred from a Division I team to another program. That number is absolutely amazing. Unfortunately if a kid’s world is not absolutely perfect (in their mind), they run from the problem rather than deal with it. Makes you wonder if it is the first signs of our society’s change in our early education program (no longer give kids grades – everybody passes; can’t keep score, everybody has to win; if you do not like something, have mom or dad complain on your behalf). Personally I wonder how that generation is going to survive in the real world when mom or dad or AAU coach are not there for them during their first job interview or first job evaluation. The bottom line is life is not a video game, you can’t just hit reset if you do not like your initial score.

What a terrible AD.  I'd be embarrassed as an ISU fan right now.

Offline Andy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2010, 10:09:09 AM »

Don't forget we made a bowl game, and ISU supports all of its athletic programs.

It's more like a Royals fan who goes to every single game and celebrates a .500 season. Call it how you see it though.

same thing

I'm a Red Sox fan, went to a Royals Sox game that year and got a free Nostros Creemos t-shirt, thought it was elite, shirt got jacked from me in Maine of all places, I was pissed that was a sweet shirt.

I still wear that shirt proudly. 

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2010, 10:22:36 AM »

same thing

"It must suck being a Royals fan."

Offline Andy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2010, 10:42:16 AM »

same thing

heh touche.  but wearing royals free tshirts is much less about being a royals fan and more about the whole "its so uncool its cool" thing.

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2010, 11:36:33 AM »

same thing

heh touche.  but wearing royals free tshirts is much less about being a royals fan and more about the whole "its so uncool its cool" thing.

And you think being a Cyclone fan is the 'cool' thing to do in Iowa? It's so uncool its cool.

Also, Trey Hilleman will never be as proud of his team as Paul Rhoads was...

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2010, 01:00:58 PM »

This can't be an ISU issue, so let's blame the kids.

Douche.

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2010, 06:56:14 PM »

This can't be an ISU issue, so let's blame the kids.

Douche.

Coach Mac couldn't motivate starving children to go find food fully prepared 10 feet in front of them.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2010, 05:08:34 PM »
pretty solid-sounding info going around on cyfan that mcneck gets at least two more years to demonstrate competence.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline TheMadCatter

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2010, 05:51:46 PM »
pretty solid-sounding info going around on cyfan that mcneck gets at least two more years to demonstrate competence.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2010, 07:20:33 AM »

How does this make you feel Havs?