Author Topic: Swolecats, Fitcats, Thincats, Cardiocats, even Yogacats  (Read 328084 times)

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
Re: Fitness Questions!
« Reply #350 on: October 16, 2012, 06:51:53 AM »
I like it when people say they don't want to bulk up and be a freaky weirdo, like that happens magically overnight after doing a few deadlifts.
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: October 16, 2012, 06:54:09 AM »
I enjoy when people who are out of shape and/or not muscular say they don't want to get too bulky.  Like they could just accidentally end up jacked if they don't pay attention.  Outside of steroids, most men couldn't get abnormally muscled no matter how hard they tried.  Genetics and age generally prohibit it. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: October 16, 2012, 06:54:51 AM »
I enjoy when people who are out of shape and/or not muscular say they don't want to get too bulky.  Like they could just accidentally end up jacked if they don't pay attention.  Outside of steroids, most men couldn't get abnormally muscled no matter how hard they tried.  Genetics and age generally prohibit it. 

BREAD!!!

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: October 16, 2012, 06:55:10 AM »
eff Saul.  Nice.  I went to post mine and yours had appeared.  Besties.
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: October 16, 2012, 06:56:44 AM »
but yes, do deadlifts and squats. Start out with the bar only and pay attention to your form. Do high reps to begin w/ the bar so you get the hang of it then start putting weight on and do low reps. If you get yourself hurt you are doing something wrong. Don't be a dumbass and wear gloves and/or a weight belt.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: October 16, 2012, 10:41:13 AM »
good work nicname and don't worry about the scale thats a recipe for failure.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: October 16, 2012, 10:59:47 AM »
lots of dudes at my Y do body pump. Thoughts?

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: October 16, 2012, 12:33:51 PM »
Thinking about starting this routine/diet....anyone tried it yet?

http://www.musclepharm.com/sites/default/files/mensbizzy_21daystart_small_0.pdf

@mikec2w

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: October 16, 2012, 12:42:01 PM »
Never do a diet with a brand name on it. They're just trying to get you to buy stuff.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: October 16, 2012, 12:49:14 PM »
Count your own calories. Myfitnesspal.com is great and free

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: October 16, 2012, 01:38:48 PM »
Hey guys, just checking in on this thread and thought I'd warn you by lifting too much weight I got way too big and shredded and now womens won't leave me alone and everyone keeps trying to be my friend because I am so jacked.

Sucks.  Let this be a warning.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: October 16, 2012, 01:41:41 PM »
Hey guys, just checking in on this thread and thought I'd warn you by lifting too much weight I got way too big and shredded and now womens won't leave me alone and everyone keeps trying to be my friend because I am so jacked.

t&ps bro, yesterday I slayed some ass and slammed some weights. it was a rough day

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: October 16, 2012, 01:42:25 PM »

t&ps bro, yesterday I slayed some ass and slammed some weights. it was a rough day

It was totally an accident too.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: October 16, 2012, 01:54:03 PM »

I should have worded differently.  I'm decently strong and even after years of non-excercise have a decent amount of muscle.  I basically just want to maintain strength through and after the fat loss. If I get bigger muscles, so be it, I just dont want to get puny or ogrish. 

I think the main thing is calories burned vs calories eaten. 

Also, yes, I should do core stuff and squats and deadlifts. I'm getting around to it.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: October 16, 2012, 01:59:44 PM »

I should have worded differently.  I'm decently strong and even after years of non-excercise have a decent amount of muscle.  I basically just want to maintain strength through and after the fat loss. If I get bigger muscles, so be it, I just dont want to get puny or ogrish. 

Also, yes, I should do core stuff and squats and deadlifts. I'm getting around to it.
Well, weight lifting burns more calories than cardio

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: October 16, 2012, 02:02:44 PM »

The best calorie burned per minute exercise is easily sprints. Actually, it's pushing a sled, but those are hard to come by. Then high rep, big movement lifts (power clean, dead lift, squat). The jogging, ellipticalling, etc.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: October 16, 2012, 02:03:32 PM »

The best calorie burned per minute exercise is easily sprints. Actually, it's pushing a sled, but those are hard to come by. Then high rep, big movement lifts (power clean, dead lift, squat). The jogging, ellipticalling, etc.
good call.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: October 16, 2012, 02:04:07 PM »

I want to be able to play a game of basketball without getting out of breath.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: October 16, 2012, 02:05:02 PM »

stop smoking then

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: October 16, 2012, 02:10:45 PM »
Never do a diet with a brand name on it. They're just trying to get you to buy stuff.

I understand.  However, if it works I am interested.
@mikec2w

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: October 16, 2012, 02:12:13 PM »

stop smoking then

or play basketball until you can do it without getting out of breath.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: October 16, 2012, 02:14:09 PM »

I understand.  However, if it works I am interested.

Sure, but don't trust them saying it works. If you have some friends that say it works, that's different.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: October 16, 2012, 02:16:06 PM »

In HS I thought I was really out of shape because of my heavy breathing during exercise (now days I am actually out of shape) until I went to the doctor to find out if I had something wrong with me. They did a few tests and diagnosed me with exercise induced asthma. Basically, once I start exercising my lungs are only able to hold about 60% of their capacity when I'm not working out. A quick hit inhaler brings me up to about 80%. It's an excellent excuse for being out of shape aside from the fact that inhalers are pretty dorky looking.

I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Fitness Questions!
« Reply #373 on: October 16, 2012, 02:40:27 PM »

Sled simulation trick. Get on a treadmill.  do not turn it on. Push against handles at front of belt and run. Treat it like a sled.  Works pretty dece. Note: this may eff up treadmills. I am not really sure.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: October 16, 2012, 02:43:00 PM »

Sled simulation trick. Get on a treadmill.  do not turn it on. Push against handles at front of belt and run. Treat it like a sled.  Works pretty dece. Note: this may eff up treadmills. I am not really sure.

just pick the son of a bitch up and lug it around the gym