Author Topic: Swolecats, Fitcats, Thincats, Cardiocats, even Yogacats  (Read 328252 times)

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Swolecats, Fitcats, Thincats, Cardiocats, even Yogacats
« Reply #3875 on: June 10, 2022, 02:32:01 PM »
Do you reach diminishing returns doing crap like that?  Once you hit a decent muscular build and 15 percent body fat what’s to keep going for? I would think the cortisol and stress on your body outweighs any benefit.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #3876 on: June 10, 2022, 02:36:29 PM »
We don't normally do barn burners like that all the time. Most workouts are in the 10-15 minute range or so. And before the workout do some sort of strength beforehand.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #3877 on: June 10, 2022, 03:22:58 PM »

Woof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

was this one workout? that's a hell of a workout if so. what do the times mean?
One workout but split the reps. My buddy and I started from the bottom and the other two dudes started at the beginning rep wise. those times he was writing so he knew how long it was taking to get through things. It got real spicy after the 200 45# db snatches. thought he was going to puke during the thrusters
That's pretty impressive YLA. I don't really have any reference for the times, but that seems pretty legit and not surprised by the puking.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3878 on: June 10, 2022, 03:49:40 PM »
Do you reach diminishing returns doing crap like that?  Once you hit a decent muscular build and 15 percent body fat what’s to keep going for? I would think the cortisol and stress on your body outweighs any benefit.
I remember reading something interesting about like people who lived in cultures that are far more physically active didn’t really need a higher calorie intake to sustain them. Bodies are very good at becoming efficient for tasks that get repeated a lot.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3879 on: June 10, 2022, 03:55:23 PM »
That seems like a pretty standard Saturday partner workout at places I've been. No idea why you would do it backwards though lol.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3880 on: June 10, 2022, 04:08:41 PM »
I remember reading something interesting about like people who lived in cultures that are far more physically active didn’t really need a higher calorie intake to sustain them. Bodies are very good at becoming efficient for tasks that get repeated a lot.
Yeah, only time I feel like absolute ass is if I take an extended time off. Then just the thought of even jumping back in makes me hurt

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3881 on: June 10, 2022, 04:09:57 PM »
That seems like a pretty standard Saturday partner workout at places I've been. No idea why you would do it backwards though lol.
We only have 1 rig so we figured this was the easiest way to avoid getting hung up there.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #3882 on: June 10, 2022, 09:48:11 PM »
I'm trying to think about how much time it would take me to train myself to be able to in one go do 100 pullups. probably like infinity years.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #3883 on: June 13, 2022, 10:22:06 AM »
Hey YLA or Rusty. I've always been intrigued by these bootcamp type workouts but really haven't done any aside from the Murph on occasion. I normally do a pretty standard push pull or upper lower. Now that i'm old balls I don't do as much lower because the soreness is awful if I happen to miss. Anywho, how would one work something like this in to a "regular" routine? I'd like to do something like this maybe once a week or something, but I feel it would completely jack up my normal routine. Like if I did YLAs board, i'd prob not be able to do most of my stuff the next day or so at least. What would you guys do the day after something like this?

TIA

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3884 on: June 13, 2022, 11:13:31 AM »
I'm trying to think about how much time it would take me to train myself to be able to in one go do 100 pullups. probably like infinity years.

have you seen their pullups though

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3885 on: June 13, 2022, 12:15:33 PM »

I would do ring rows or a use a band to help lift me up

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3886 on: June 13, 2022, 12:18:19 PM »
Hey YLA or Rusty. I've always been intrigued by these bootcamp type workouts but really haven't done any aside from the Murph on occasion. I normally do a pretty standard push pull or upper lower. Now that i'm old balls I don't do as much lower because the soreness is awful if I happen to miss. Anywho, how would one work something like this in to a "regular" routine? I'd like to do something like this maybe once a week or something, but I feel it would completely jack up my normal routine. Like if I did YLAs board, i'd prob not be able to do most of my stuff the next day or so at least. What would you guys do the day after something like this?

TIA
I would probably do nothing the day after that but if you're doing a "normal" CF class 3-4 times a week I don't think that workout would kill you. (Keep in mind YLA's is with a partner so you're only doing half the reps and resting half the time)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3887 on: June 13, 2022, 12:21:52 PM »
I did this solo workout Friday evening... Did 75lb, toes to eye level, and got through 25 of the second round of snatches before the time cap. Played basketball the next morning and was slow on Sunday.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3888 on: June 13, 2022, 01:20:14 PM »

yeah kipping or butterfly. but we will do weighted strict pullups you sonuvagun

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3889 on: June 13, 2022, 02:05:04 PM »

TIA
If you only do it once a week it's going to suck for a day or three after no matter what. I only do murph once a year but every year its usually 2-3 days until my arms don't feel like crap. I would first start to mix in some movements using tabata timer or 40 seconds on 20 seconds off.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #3890 on: June 20, 2022, 01:25:48 PM »
First time back at the gym today in about a month. Slowly feeling good enough to start doing stuff again. I also got on the scale and I’m in the 220 range for the first time since college. That brings my total weight loss to almost 70 lbs now.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3891 on: June 20, 2022, 01:27:04 PM »
First time back at the gym today in about a month. Slowly feeling good enough to start doing stuff again. I also got on the scale and I’m in the 220 range for the first time since college. That brings my total weight loss to almost 70 lbs now.

Good job, DaMediumTrain.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3892 on: June 20, 2022, 02:12:42 PM »
Nice job DBT, is that your target weight? 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #3893 on: June 20, 2022, 03:22:28 PM »
Nice job DBT, is that your target weight?

According to myfitnesspal I set my goal at 240 several years ago. I really haven't been trying to lose more weight it's just kinda happened.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3894 on: June 20, 2022, 04:22:39 PM »
Nice work, don't be surprised now that you're hitting the weight buffet again if your weight goes up a bit.

Offline fatdamon

• Combo-Fan
  • back farts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3895 on: August 25, 2022, 09:21:57 PM »
not sure if this goes here or in the distance running thread, but anyone ever do 29029?  I smashed them shits like a idaho potato last weekend and im still sore.  only thing ive ever done in my life that has me sore literally a week later.

https://29029everesting.com/
YAY FOOTBALL

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3896 on: August 25, 2022, 10:05:02 PM »
You did the one up at Snowbasin, right?  Nice work.  Never done one but have thought about it.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #3897 on: August 26, 2022, 10:37:29 AM »
Hurt my hand so no strength training this week for the first time in forever. Upped my daily bike ride from 30 to 45 minutes. My stupid brain is now struggling with seeing the extra amount of calories burned by upping my cardio. I usually do a daily 30-30 split, but am now reconsidering.   :sdeek:

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3898 on: August 26, 2022, 10:49:51 AM »
I went to the gym yesterday when I really didn’t want to and did one of the worst workouts of my life but it was still better than not going.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #3899 on: August 26, 2022, 10:57:23 AM »
I went to the gym yesterday when I really didn’t want to and did one of the worst workouts of my life but it was still better than not going.

Nice work KK. Just getting to the gym or on the bike or whatever is the hardest part most days. I feel great even after a shitty workout and lots of times, once I get started i'm good to go. Even when I don't it is still better than nothing.  :cheers: