Author Topic: Swolecats, Fitcats, Thincats, Cardiocats, even Yogacats  (Read 323524 times)

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Re: Swolecats, Fitcats, Thincats, Cardiocats, even Yogacats
« Reply #3700 on: July 31, 2021, 02:33:41 AM »
youve got it figured out yla
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline passranch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3701 on: July 31, 2021, 12:47:36 PM »
few buddies and I are going to do the soft 75 day challenge with our own spin

Eat a little better only eat out once a week
Do one 45–60-minute workout every day. A "workout" can be a simple walk, for active recovery.
Drink at least three liters of water each day.
Read for 15 minutes a day
Drink(booze) only socially
Each of us putting in a $100 and if we fail divvy it up and if we all fail the moolah goes towards new gym equipment.

Jeez 3+ liters of water a day, you're gonna hit your "workout" quota just getting up and walking to the bathroom to pee 800 million times a day.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3702 on: September 07, 2021, 02:47:11 PM »
Thought the board would want to know that WOD this morning involved a total of 60 overhead squats and 90 wall ball shots. I was having trouble safely negotiating stairs afterwards as my quads were balking at carrying out any additional instructions they were getting from my brain.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3703 on: September 07, 2021, 02:49:35 PM »
Thought the board would want to know that WOD this morning involved a total of 60 overhead squats and 90 wall ball shots. I was having trouble safely negotiating stairs afterwards as my quads were balking at carrying out any additional instructions they were getting from my brain.
95/20?

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #3704 on: September 07, 2021, 02:56:30 PM »
that sounds icky.. last one to do that to me was strength: E3min for 18min 2 FS followed immediately by 4 BS at 85% of FS max. WOD: Death by thrusters (95#)
legs felt dumb for over a week

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3705 on: September 07, 2021, 03:06:02 PM »
95/20?
75# and 20#. I'm not a superfit fitcat.

that sounds icky.. last one to do that to me was strength: E3min for 18min 2 FS followed immediately by 4 BS at 85% of FS max. WOD: Death by thrusters (95#)
legs felt dumb for over a week
Thrusters are a physical and psychological challenge. They really get to me.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #3706 on: September 07, 2021, 03:07:06 PM »
Been in my first real rut for as long as I can remember. I've always gone to the gym. I'm a weirdo and can just go and do the same routine and just get it done. I change it up some times just to prevent a bit of boredom, but its never really an issue. I even transitioned to home workouts effectively and got in better shape by adding Peloton to my weight routines. For some reason, I am struggling bad lately. Started about 3 weeks ago. I really struggle with a complete break and almost have to do something, so when I started struggling, I backed off and just did short bike rides and little to no weights or vice/versa. I then added back some pull ups and push ups to a short Peloton ride. I gave myself the long weekend in hopes I could jump back in today and I'm still struggling to to get motivated. I basically forced myself on the bike and then did nickel and dimes (pulls/pushes) on the minute for 10 minutes. That is basically my go to, "rough ridin' do something" routine. Maybe I need a complete break for a few days? Help me snap out of it guys.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3707 on: September 07, 2021, 03:12:51 PM »
Been in my first real rut for as long as I can remember. I've always gone to the gym. I'm a weirdo and can just go and do the same routine and just get it done. I change it up some times just to prevent a bit of boredom, but its never really an issue. I even transitioned to home workouts effectively and got in better shape by adding Peloton to my weight routines. For some reason, I am struggling bad lately. Started about 3 weeks ago. I really struggle with a complete break and almost have to do something, so when I started struggling, I backed off and just did short bike rides and little to no weights or vice/versa. I then added back some pull ups and push ups to a short Peloton ride. I gave myself the long weekend in hopes I could jump back in today and I'm still struggling to to get motivated. I basically forced myself on the bike and then did nickel and dimes (pulls/pushes) on the minute for 10 minutes. That is basically my go to, "rough ridin' do something" routine. Maybe I need a complete break for a few days? Help me snap out of it guys.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNUxOXhriiE do it anyways
also those of you that can workout by yourself are amazing.. I can every once in a while but definitely not near the intensity or talk myself into skimping out on things I was going to do

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3708 on: September 07, 2021, 03:23:56 PM »
also those of you that can workout by yourself are amazing.. I can every once in a while but definitely not near the intensity or talk myself into skimping out on things I was going to do
I just procrastinated by watching that video. Seriously, that was a good video.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #3709 on: September 07, 2021, 03:54:19 PM »
I just hop on my bike and ride during the nice weather. Back to the gym in November.

Tightened up the carbs and extended the ride time last two weeks. Dropped a quick 5 pounds. Annual insurance physical in a October. Need to be at fighting weight for the good rates.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #3710 on: September 08, 2021, 09:18:39 AM »

Ha Jocko is great. If you have kids, read them Way of the Warrior Kid. My kid loved it and so did I. David Goggins calling me a bitch and cursing at me also helps a bit.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3711 on: September 08, 2021, 04:09:25 PM »
I don’t find Jocko inspiring but I am also in a rut. I don’t have a workout group and mostly just ride the peloton.  One thing that I have found inspiring is working out weight goals or exercise challenges with the wife. It helps to hold each other accountable. 

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3712 on: September 08, 2021, 04:35:52 PM »
I don’t find Jocko inspiring but I am also in a rut. I don’t have a workout group and mostly just ride the peloton.  One thing that I have found inspiring is working out weight goals or exercise challenges with the wife. It helps to hold each other accountable.
There are some really good 10-20 minute yoga videos on youtube that I need to get back into doing with the wifey in the mornings. You should try that as well.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3713 on: September 08, 2021, 06:11:46 PM »
There are some really good 10-20 minute yoga videos on youtube that I need to get back into doing with the wifey in the mornings. You should try that as well.
We do some short HIIT a couple times a week.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3714 on: September 08, 2021, 08:36:38 PM »
We do some short HIIT a couple times a week.
Nice. If you’re ever feeling up to some free weights or cardio I do have some and a small shop at my house I always need motivated to workout in on the weekends

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3715 on: September 08, 2021, 10:06:17 PM »
Here’s my routine.  Not recommended.

Run a bunch until I get sick of it a few weeks before race
Question why I would do this mid-race
Start dreaming about the next one and repeat

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #3716 on: September 09, 2021, 08:28:53 AM »

ha, i've thought about this. My problem is....I rough ridin' hate running. Like despise it. Its weird because I love being and working out by myself. I don't want to deal with anyone else while doing it so I've always put my jams on, did my work, and got out. You would think going on a run would be ideal for me, but I just can't do it. Just to try and break my brain, I tried just doing a mile at the end of every day thinking I could break through and get used to it. I absolutely dreaded it every day. I did about 4 days a week for a month or so and gave up.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3717 on: September 09, 2021, 08:53:38 AM »

We use the same training plan

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3718 on: October 08, 2021, 08:57:26 AM »
Had Kelly this morning. 5 rounds of 400M, 30 box jumps, 30 wall balls. It hurt pretty bad. For some reason, it hadn't come up in the programming for like 3 years.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3719 on: October 08, 2021, 09:01:59 AM »
Had Kelly this morning. 5 rounds of 400M, 30 box jumps, 30 wall balls. It hurt pretty bad. For some reason, it hadn't come up in the programming for like 3 years.
Crazy. We literally did that on a Friday night with a group that we used to do "Friday Night Ladies" with two weeks ago. Hadn't done it for probably 8 years.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3720 on: October 08, 2021, 09:05:58 AM »
Crazy. We literally did that on a Friday night with a group that we used to do "Friday Night Ladies" with two weeks ago. Hadn't done it for probably 8 years.
Our instructor told us to break the WBs into sets of 6 reps but otherwise limit breaks. Her advice helped a lot.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #3721 on: October 08, 2021, 09:32:25 AM »
Finally got the notice that I won't have to go back to the office so I cancelled my last gym membership. I have always lifted and really enjoy it. I transitioned to home workouts way better than I thought i would throughout covid. Doing more Peloton, dumbbell and band stuff, and bodyweight. I want a Tonal, but they are too pricey for what it is. Thinking about getting back into some boxing routines. I've been searching on youtube and found some pretty good stuff. Still working on it, but my routine will prob be 20-30min Peloton, followed by upper or lower dumbbell/band sets, and then add a boxing day or two a week. That should keep my old balls pretty fit.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3722 on: October 08, 2021, 10:41:55 AM »
Finally got the notice that I won't have to go back to the office so I cancelled my last gym membership. I have always lifted and really enjoy it. I transitioned to home workouts way better than I thought i would throughout covid. Doing more Peloton, dumbbell and band stuff, and bodyweight. I want a Tonal, but they are too pricey for what it is. Thinking about getting back into some boxing routines. I've been searching on youtube and found some pretty good stuff. Still working on it, but my routine will prob be 20-30min Peloton, followed by upper or lower dumbbell/band sets, and then add a boxing day or two a week. That should keep my old balls pretty fit.
I applaud you for being motivated enough to workout at home. Without the gym, I would probably just jog a couple of times per week. I need the structure where all I have to do is show up and the instructor tells me what I have to do that day.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #3723 on: October 08, 2021, 11:08:17 AM »
I applaud you for being motivated enough to workout at home. Without the gym, I would probably just jog a couple of times per week. I need the structure where all I have to do is show up and the instructor tells me what I have to do that day.

I've never gone the instructor route and always followed a known plan or my own version so it was fairly easy. I do miss doing the big lifts like barbell bench and squats (not really squats), but i'm old now and don't really need to see how much I can lift anymore.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3724 on: October 08, 2021, 11:28:44 AM »
I'm trying out new CrossFit gyms in Brooklyn and I'm realizing I had a pretty amazing gym in Oakland. People are nice I guess but every class is almost completely full but with different folks every time and hardly anyone talks and some of the gyms pay for their workouts that often make no sense for their space. The place I was at in Oakland also prescribed tiered weights for all levels which was really helpful for gauging where I should be lifting.

Also there's lots of dang double metcons and I really like the strength side.