Author Topic: Swolecats, Fitcats, Thincats, Cardiocats, even Yogacats  (Read 327870 times)

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
Re: Swolecats, Fitcats, Thincats, Cardiocats, even Yogacats
« Reply #2650 on: June 23, 2016, 02:43:01 PM »
:thumbs:

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2651 on: June 23, 2016, 02:55:13 PM »
Is this the thread to talk about crossfit or do I have to go to the crossfit thread to talk about crossfit?

crossfit

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2652 on: June 23, 2016, 03:05:07 PM »
post it in #fanningstuff

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2653 on: June 23, 2016, 03:18:13 PM »
A colleague I haven't seen since Thanksgiving told today me my muscles are bigger now.   :gocho:

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2654 on: June 23, 2016, 03:21:52 PM »
I ripped my hands yday doing bar muscle ups. I'll post pics later

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2655 on: June 23, 2016, 04:14:40 PM »
Nvm.  Stupid phone

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2656 on: June 29, 2016, 11:42:39 AM »
I have a pain in the upper hamstring/adductor/gracilis/ischial tuberosity area, especially when I try to do a toe touch. Should I ice or heat? Rest or stretch?

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2657 on: June 29, 2016, 02:19:28 PM »
Ice warm muscles, heat cold.

I

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2658 on: June 29, 2016, 02:30:28 PM »
RICE
Rest
Ice
Compression
Elevation

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2659 on: June 29, 2016, 02:35:16 PM »
RICE
Rest
Ice
Compression
Elevation

How am I supposed to compress and elevate my buttock/crotch region? Do I need to buy some biker shorts?

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2660 on: June 29, 2016, 02:40:09 PM »
WOW.. poor gooch.. you guys are probably still only doing missionary aren't you

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2661 on: June 29, 2016, 06:43:24 PM »
Hahahahhaha

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2662 on: June 30, 2016, 07:59:10 AM »
Guys, I started the keto thing and have dropped about 16 lbs in 2 weeks.  We'll see how things continue, but I have to admit it's pretty amazing how well this works so far.
@mikec2w

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #2663 on: June 30, 2016, 09:10:46 AM »
Guys, I started the keto thing and have dropped about 16 lbs in 2 weeks.  We'll see how things continue, but I have to admit it's pretty amazing how well this works so far.
A good deal of that is water weight, and it won't continue flying off at that pace.  But if you do it right (and you have the weight to lose) you'll continue to lose it.  Just play by the rules, and it'll work.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2664 on: June 30, 2016, 09:53:46 AM »
A good deal of that is water weight, and it won't continue flying off at that pace.  But if you do it right (and you have the weight to lose) you'll continue to lose it.  Just play by the rules, and it'll work.

:thumbsup:
@mikec2w

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2665 on: July 08, 2016, 09:33:19 PM »
Some people have friends, others have goals.  #fridaynightgymnite #stupidgymsayings #thisboxbeempty

The Big Train

« Reply #2666 on: July 08, 2016, 09:52:53 PM »
Some people have friends, others have goals.  #fridaynightgymnite #stupidgymsayings #thisboxbeempty

I have both!  Will have more reps soon tho

Offline Dub

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2667 on: July 19, 2016, 06:01:32 PM »
Minor sprain in my SC joint won't heal.  Getting really frustrating not being able to lift upper body.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2668 on: July 26, 2016, 09:38:42 AM »
I started the annoying macro counting thing and my workouts sync to the MyFitnessPal app.  It's really hard to eat like 3000 calories of healthy food in a day.  You practically have to be eating all the time.  So far I haven't quite gripped that concept so I end up slamming dry oatmeal and/or peanut butter before I go to bed.  I am finally gaining weight though, which is a good thing.  I think I need to switch up the times of the day in which I consume the different macro rich foods.  Like (since I workout in the evenings) go protein in the morning, then carbs throughout the day, and then proteins again after the workout. 

Has anyone done the Dolce Diet?  It seems to be marketed towards losing weight which wouldn't be relevant for me.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2669 on: July 26, 2016, 09:52:54 AM »
Minor sprain in my SC joint won't heal.  Getting really frustrating not being able to lift upper body.
rub some dirt on it

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2670 on: July 26, 2016, 10:16:02 AM »
I started the annoying macro counting thing and my workouts sync to the MyFitnessPal app.  It's really hard to eat like 3000 calories of healthy food in a day.  You practically have to be eating all the time.  So far I haven't quite gripped that concept so I end up slamming dry oatmeal and/or peanut butter before I go to bed.  I am finally gaining weight though, which is a good thing.  I think I need to switch up the times of the day in which I consume the different macro rich foods.  Like (since I workout in the evenings) go protein in the morning, then carbs throughout the day, and then proteins again after the workout. 

Has anyone done the Dolce Diet?  It seems to be marketed towards losing weight which wouldn't be relevant for me.

If your primary is gain, you really need to spread your protein out over the entire day.  I have read that your body can't process more than something like 35g of it at one sitting and anything over basically gets flushed.  Some serious body builders actually wake their ass up once or twice a night just to down protein at perfect timing intervals.  Also, might want to focus your carbs right before and right after your lift, if you insist on having any.

Also, I would hit your protein as a goal every day, treat what ever your carbs are as a limit(so it is probably ok to not meet/exceed it daily), and make the calorie difference up with healthy fat.  Its much easier to hit a 3000C day if you are incorporating a decent quantity of fat.  Also, make sure you are eating carbs that are high in fiber, not just high in carbs.  Fiber slows the timing of processing so that your body uses the glucose as it breaks down.  Without the fiber, you boost insulin a bunch and the insulin takes the abundance of non fiber carbs and throws it into fat. 

This is all keto stuff, but I think it would apply to any level of carb intake too.   Especially the fiber info.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2671 on: July 26, 2016, 10:44:26 AM »
I eat like 3kc in a single meal, try harder emo smdh
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2672 on: July 26, 2016, 11:02:10 AM »

If your primary is gain, you really need to spread your protein out over the entire day.  I have read that your body can't process more than something like 35g of it at one sitting and anything over basically gets flushed.  Some serious body builders actually wake their ass up once or twice a night just to down protein at perfect timing intervals.  Also, might want to focus your carbs right before and right after your lift, if you insist on having any.

Also, I would hit your protein as a goal every day, treat what ever your carbs are as a limit(so it is probably ok to not meet/exceed it daily), and make the calorie difference up with healthy fat.  Its much easier to hit a 3000C day if you are incorporating a decent quantity of fat.  Also, make sure you are eating carbs that are high in fiber, not just high in carbs.  Fiber slows the timing of processing so that your body uses the glucose as it breaks down.  Without the fiber, you boost insulin a bunch and the insulin takes the abundance of non fiber carbs and throws it into fat. 

This is all keto stuff, but I think it would apply to any level of carb intake too.   Especially the fiber info.

I'm shooting for 50% max carbs.  And when I say carbs, it's like fruits and veggies and old fashioned oatmeal (that seriously covers 90% of them). Not sure if those count as high fiber.

Fats I get from veggies and meats/eggs. 

Since I'm 50% carbs I pretty much have to be eating them throughout the day or I have to pound oatmeal at midnight.  I do notice I'm getting hungry at 430ish so I need to eat more often after lunch.  Also, I think my dinners are usually protein heavy and then I feel like poopoo after about 45 minutes into my work out.  So I'm thinking of either working out earlier or eating mostly carbs for dinner and then slamming proteins after workout.  I've only been monitoring/managing macros for 15 days now but since I've started I've dropped an additional percent in BF and gained a pound of LBM.  For 6 or 8 weeks before that I was just static on both parameters (I think I was unintentionally not getting enough calories).  I'm shooting for 3000 calories of 50/25/25 BTW. 

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2673 on: July 26, 2016, 11:02:19 AM »
Do you ketocats supplement your fiber intake with supplements?
@mikec2w

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2674 on: July 26, 2016, 11:41:19 AM »
Do you ketocats supplement your fiber intake with supplements?

I do, on the days I need it.  Most days I don't need to.

Emo, the carbs are why you are hungry so often, btw.  That said, if it works, cool man.