Author Topic: Swolecats, Fitcats, Thincats, Cardiocats, even Yogacats  (Read 323518 times)

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Fitness Questions!
« Reply #75 on: March 08, 2012, 04:08:56 PM »
How do I improve my vertical?

Jump squats, jump lunges, box jumps, calf raises, ab crunches

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 08, 2012, 04:14:31 PM »
sd, you are going to have to wade into the iron room to get shredded.  Just grab a flat bench and start doing chest presses (I do with 110's but choose your weight).  Then, stare down the biggest guy there and throw on your music (gaga) and do tri kicbacks.  Boom.  the weight room just became your beach and the haters smiles just became your suntan.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 08, 2012, 04:16:24 PM »
I play basketball MWF mornings. When I go to the gym my showering/dressing is roughly 800 times more efficient so I decided to go lift weights (or something) Tuesday/Thursday.

Please give me a workout plan. Thanks.

What are your overall workout goals?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 08, 2012, 04:18:43 PM »
I play basketball MWF mornings. When I go to the gym my showering/dressing is roughly 800 times more efficient so I decided to go lift weights (or something) Tuesday/Thursday.

kicking ass at MWF morning hoops. Also general health.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 04:26:29 PM by michigancat »

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 08, 2012, 04:25:52 PM »

Kettle bell swings with elastic bands.

What is the correlation between caloric intake and metabolism? Some say reduce too far and metabolism drops nullifying the caloric restriction (to some degree). Others say it has to be a massive amount for that to happen.

In short, how much should I eat per day to lose weight, but not exercising and still be able to drink on the weekends. TIA.

Managing calorie intake and metabolism are some of the toughest obstacles to overcome for most people. Setting calorie goals and meal plans are essential to achieving fitness goals. If you really don't want to exercise but want to lose weight, simply calculate your caloric expenditure and aim for about 10 to 20% below that number.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 08, 2012, 04:33:33 PM »
I hate eating right and refuse to take any supplements. Change my mind on this.

I don't believe you

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 08, 2012, 04:37:03 PM »
so, like, do 20 back pushups for every reg?

rows or chinups

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 08, 2012, 04:40:55 PM »
my wife does zumba 3 times a week.  seems pretty great.  thinking about giving it a go.

Would you feel less comfortable in a zumba class full of women or in the free weight area of your gym?

I was joking...but I think you may have known that....

:thumbs:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 08, 2012, 04:42:41 PM »
but seriously, benja, pm me a workout for a 30 year old guy that used to be in decent shape but now isn't and basically only does machine weights and eliptical/stair machine at the gym but has everything available to me.  tia. 

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 08, 2012, 04:47:18 PM »

If you only have those two days, pick a lower body and an upper body day. Do mostly higher reps with little rest in between to keep your cardio up. You can easily get a great workout done in less than 30 minutes

Offline FP TC etc.

• Katpak'r
  • USA! USA! USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 08, 2012, 04:47:52 PM »

Jump squats, jump lunges, box jumps, calf raises, ab crunches

Thanks  :D

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 08, 2012, 04:49:49 PM »

If you only have those two days, pick a lower body and an upper body day. Do mostly higher reps with little rest in between to keep your cardio up. You can easily get a great workout done in less than 30 minutes

Gee, don't get too specific there, Benja! :sdeek:

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 08, 2012, 04:49:55 PM »
sd, you are going to have to wade into the iron room to get shredded.  Just grab a flat bench and start doing chest presses (I do with 110's but choose your weight).  Then, stare down the biggest guy there and throw on your music (gaga) and do tri kicbacks.  Boom.  the weight room just became your beach and the haters smiles just became your suntan.

:thumbs:

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 08, 2012, 04:55:28 PM »
but seriously, benja, pm me a workout for a 30 year old guy that used to be in decent shape but now isn't and basically only does machine weights and eliptical/stair machine at the gym but has everything available to me.  tia. 

I'll pm you tonight

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 08, 2012, 04:56:17 PM »

I'll pm you tonight

:drool:

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 08, 2012, 05:04:15 PM »
So I'm back on p90x after a 1 year hiatus.  My company paid for a round of indoor soccer.  Thinking about substituting this night for plyo.  Think that's the best substitute?  Maybe the cardio/kenpo x days? 

Just generally want to be healthier.  I want to live to be like a 100 years old.  I'm certainly not overweight, but I'm soft.  Just want to get more cut and better looking with nice stomach but also it'd be nice to survive a zombie attack because of my strength and endurance.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 08, 2012, 05:26:44 PM »

I'll pm you tonight

Benja, I'll take the same routine.  I currently run and lift regular weights with the beefcakes, but don't have any rhyme or reason to what I'm doing.  I'd probably do weights 2-3 days a week, about 30-45 minutes per day.  Run the other days and hoop on Sunday.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 08, 2012, 05:28:15 PM »

I'll pm you tonight

Benja, I'll take the same routine.  I currently run and lift regular weights with the beefcakes, but don't have any rhyme or reason to what I'm doing.  I'd probably do weights 2-3 days a week, about 30-45 minutes per day.  Run the other days and hoop on Sunday.

benja, if you are tailoring our plans, I do about 1/8 of what trim does. tia.  ftb. 

Offline Boakai

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 08, 2012, 05:42:42 PM »
Guess what bro's? ....

Yep thats right. Recovery day.  :drink:  :zzz:

Offline legore

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 08, 2012, 06:00:30 PM »

I'll pm you tonight

If you could go ahead and post the version for 30 year olds wanting to work out but not currently, already have gym memberships - well that would be really great.

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I don't run out of gas.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 08, 2012, 06:25:50 PM »

I don't believe you

Believe me then.  Have same issue if you can call it an issue.   :dunno:

EDIT:  Exercises I can do with 25lb dumbells  besides: skull crushers, curls, and military.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 06:43:58 PM by Bloodfart »

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 08, 2012, 07:12:19 PM »

I don't believe you
downed 3 krispy kream doughnuts, had some fruit, large plate of fully loaded 'chos, and probably 1/2 a stuffed crust pizza today. but I did do 3 rds of 30kbs@53#, 25 front squats @ 95#, and 20double unders (80 singles because I suck at dubs). so yeah any ideas to make me eat better or take any supplements.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 08, 2012, 11:22:20 PM »
I'm skinny and want a six pack.  Really ripped ones.  What workouts would you do, what is a good way to increase weight/sets/reps, and how many days per week?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 09, 2012, 01:35:43 AM »

Gee, don't get too specific there, Benja! :sdeek:

I'm sad because I really wanted help. :frown:

Should I not be doing upper AND lower body both days? And like, there's a shitload you can do for upper and lower body. I mean there's 100pushups.com and 100lunges.com and lots of other stuff.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 09, 2012, 08:51:14 AM »
^shouldve asked someone that wouldve helped dipshit