Author Topic: Swolecats, Fitcats, Thincats, Cardiocats, even Yogacats  (Read 328045 times)

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
Re: Swolecats, Fitcats, Thincats, Cardiocats, even Yogacats
« Reply #4000 on: February 22, 2024, 12:54:05 PM »
not sure where else to put this, but i saw these at Aldi and decided to give them a try. they are absolutely terrible. instantly went in trash after about 2.5 bites.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #4001 on: February 22, 2024, 01:53:23 PM »
Fellas two things that I suck at and wish I didn't suck at are deadlifts and bulgarian split squats. at this point it tis what it tis though

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4002 on: February 22, 2024, 02:04:29 PM »
Fellas two things that I suck at and wish I didn't suck at are deadlifts and bulgarian split squats. at this point it tis what it tis though

bulgarians suck but I can do them. I had a hard time figuring out how to stabilize my back foot. I just realized I'm a little weird and like to have my ankle and knee rotated a lot more than others and once I figured that out it was fine. I also prefer dumbbells in each hand to a kettle bell. I always feel like goblet squats are better with a dumbell too if they are the rubber hex shape.

I also suck at deadlifts and have tried them with the trapbar and it is less risk on the back, but I am still working on my form and going lower weight for the reg deadlifts until I feel solid.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4003 on: February 22, 2024, 02:12:18 PM »
split squats may be the hardest thing ever invented. somehow it pushes both my legs to their limits  :confused:

ALSO i don't even use weights!
ALSO i biked 3000 miles last year and have enormous beefcake quads, doesn't even matter

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4004 on: February 22, 2024, 02:24:32 PM »
split squats may be the hardest thing ever invented. somehow it pushes both my legs to their limits  :confused:

ALSO i don't even use weights!
ALSO i biked 3000 miles last year and have enormous beefcake quads, doesn't even matter

bulgarians are for building a donk

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4005 on: March 29, 2024, 05:47:48 PM »
Today I learned using a weight belt makes heavy compound lifts much easier.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4006 on: March 30, 2024, 09:25:03 AM »

see hearing this makes me think maybe i should get one. haven't used a belt since high school. guess i feel like i don't lift heavy enough to justify. i usually don't go above 300 squats or 400 deadlift, basically out of fear of embarrassing failure and/or hurting my back.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4007 on: March 30, 2024, 09:31:26 AM »

see hearing this makes me think maybe i should get one. haven't used a belt since high school. guess i feel like i don't lift heavy enough to justify. i usually don't go above 300 squats or 400 deadlift, basically out of fear of embarrassing failure and/or hurting my back.
I think about things like that sometimes and I go back to - what is the goal? Just be stronger overall or actually make legal lifts? I'm assuming the belt makes it easier because you don't need certain core muscles - do those muscles get weaker doing them that way?

On the flip side I can see you taking your actual leg strength to a higher level because your core isn't holding you back. But what is really best?

I'm sure someone has done the research about it and I'd love to see it.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #4008 on: March 30, 2024, 11:57:35 AM »
As a cycling and running cat, I'm more into my core engaging on my lifts. No belt for me but I'm also not looking for big muscles. I just want good overall strength.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4009 on: March 30, 2024, 12:05:21 PM »
As a cycling and running cat, I'm more into my core engaging on my lifts. No belt for me but I'm also not looking for big muscles. I just want good overall strength.

I'm kind of the same - I've had injury issues caused by a weak/improperly functioning core before I lifted weights.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #4010 on: April 02, 2024, 06:35:34 PM »
So I've been on I think 3 different volleyball teams this year already. Also just started softball again on a work team. I've been having softball on Monday and Volleyball on Tuesdays. Since it's a work softball team we have been having practice and I hit ground balls and fly balls. Yesterday was actually pretty hot out but I felt fine. It's been almost a year and a half now since I started getting better and with my diet and everything I've maintained my weight. I'm actually in probably the best shape I have been in since I was still playing baseball in college. Probably helps my back and knees a lot not carrying around that extra 60-70lbs anymore.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #4011 on: April 02, 2024, 07:15:20 PM »
I probably won't recognize you at our next encounter.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4012 on: April 03, 2024, 08:45:30 AM »
So I've been on I think 3 different volleyball teams this year already. Also just started softball again on a work team. I've been having softball on Monday and Volleyball on Tuesdays. Since it's a work softball team we have been having practice and I hit ground balls and fly balls. Yesterday was actually pretty hot out but I felt fine. It's been almost a year and a half now since I started getting better and with my diet and everything I've maintained my weight. I'm actually in probably the best shape I have been in since I was still playing baseball in college. Probably helps my back and knees a lot not carrying around that extra 60-70lbs anymore.
NERDS

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #4013 on: April 03, 2024, 10:00:01 AM »
NERDS

haha, I thought the same. I have a strict, no work people policy when I'm not at work, but if I did agree to join a work softball team and someone sent out an email with a practice schedule, I can't tell you how fast I would have noped the hell out of there.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4014 on: April 03, 2024, 10:04:27 AM »
NERDS

haha, I thought the same. I have a strict, no work people policy when I'm not at work, but if I did agree to join a work softball team and someone sent out an email with a practice schedule, I can't tell you how fast I would have noped the hell out of there.

No kidding. And it's especially true if you work in a field where you live and die by the billable hour. Stop stealing my time, assholes.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4015 on: April 03, 2024, 10:20:11 AM »
NERDS

No kidding. And it's especially true if you work in a field where you live and die by the billable hour. Stop stealing my time, assholes.
I’ll also point out that I don’t really “work” with any of these people. There’s nobody here that is even on my direct team. It’s just a work sponsored team and practice is optional, there’s just people that haven’t played much and it’s more for them and figuring out where we want to put people.

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4016 on: April 03, 2024, 10:22:29 AM »
I'm not judging you, bud. Just saying in my line of work, couldn't be me.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4017 on: April 03, 2024, 10:56:41 AM »
I'm not judging you, bud. Just saying in my line of work, couldn't be me.

"You're a lousy f'ing softball player Jack!"

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4018 on: April 03, 2024, 11:00:11 AM »
 :D

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4019 on: April 05, 2024, 12:25:21 AM »
Guys, I signed up for our work pickleball team, we had tryouts earlier before I was bedridden and, OMG.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4020 on: April 05, 2024, 12:46:24 AM »
Guys, I signed up for our work pickleball team, we had tryouts earlier before I was bedridden and, OMG.

OMG what? I dominate pickle ball and it's cousin, ping pong. The key is to put a little "English" on it, as they say (no racist).

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #4021 on: April 05, 2024, 09:43:05 AM »

OMG what? I dominate pickle ball and it's cousin, ping pong. The key is to put a little "English" on it, as they say (no racist).

that and hit it really hard right at peoples faces that get close to the net.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4022 on: April 05, 2024, 09:52:21 AM »

I had softball on Monday, sand volleyball on Tuesday and pickleball on Thursday. I feel like I got hit by a truck lol.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4023 on: April 05, 2024, 10:27:12 AM »
Tryouts for a work pickleball team? WTF kind of bizarreo world workplace is this

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Swolecats, Fitcats, Thincats, Cardiocats, even Yogacats
« Reply #4024 on: April 05, 2024, 10:33:46 AM »
Tryouts for a work pickleball team? WTF kind of bizarreo world workplace is this
2 people can play. There’s 1 team for corporate challenge. More than 2 people want to play. Not sure how this is so hard to grasp.