Author Topic: Tax on Soda  (Read 5434 times)

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
Re: Tax on Soda
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2010, 09:31:13 AM »
The issue isn't taxation and revenue to cover expenses.  Obviously the politicians have a disconnect between the two, otherwise there wouldn't be a mountain of debt getting ready to crush us.  It's about control.  Nudge people into choosing behaviors deemed by the elite few to be more appropriate in their model society. 

Why else would we be taxing everything and every action?  Those who trade...

This thread is now about weed, not politics. 

Also, LOL @ TBL for getting shitty stuff.  Cops aren't that bright.

Offline TBL

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2010, 09:54:36 AM »
The issue isn't taxation and revenue to cover expenses.  Obviously the politicians have a disconnect between the two, otherwise there wouldn't be a mountain of debt getting ready to crush us.  It's about control.  Nudge people into choosing behaviors deemed by the elite few to be more appropriate in their model society. 

Why else would we be taxing everything and every action?  Those who trade...

This thread is now about weed, not politics. 

Also, LOL @ TBL for getting shitty stuff.  Cops aren't that bright.

No, really. It's been $25 for decades. There's a reason the college towns are higher. Stupidity and supply and demand.   :peek:

Offline BigCat

• Combo-Fan
  • Bob Esponja
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2010, 10:40:43 AM »
should legalize marijuana then tax it.

Then no need to tax other things

Be careful what you wish for. That $25 1/4 bag would then cost $50.
First off... I'm pretty sure that $50 for a 1/4 bag of weed is a fracking deal. And second... I've heard mixed reports on this. I've heard that if pot were legalized then prices could drop for one reason or another.

$50 for a 1/4 oz? Damn. You guys are getting screwed. Btw, if pot were legalized, the law of supply and demand would kick in. If legal, more people would use, therefore, more demand/less supply/higher prices. And the gov sure isn't going to let any income source go untaxed.

GTFOMF with your ditch weed. What are we in high school? I would expect a cop to realize there are different types of pot.

Sorry, but our imported mexican is still $25 per 1/4 oz.

More like a hundo. And prob 99% of it is not imported.

Ooh, nice outfit. What is that, Dacron?

Online ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2010, 11:10:21 AM »
He's obviously talking about shitty schwag weed. Not the nug's elites are used to.

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2010, 11:32:45 AM »
JEFFY'S INBOX

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2010, 12:08:12 PM »
Every single married middle age mom I work with was having a melt down:  "$.10 a soda?  Well, I don't know how I'll ever afford it.  Johnny and my husband drink a 12 pack a day.  And with my diet pop, It'll be a fortune!"

Great idea IMO.  Only thing worse than fat people is fat kids of fat people. 

Offline BigCat

• Combo-Fan
  • Bob Esponja
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2010, 04:04:07 PM »
He's obviously talking about shitty schwag weed. Not the nug's elites are used to.

Yeah not sure oregano "counts"

Ooh, nice outfit. What is that, Dacron?

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2010, 04:16:04 PM »
Great idea. More evidence against sugar than tobacco. But where does it stop. I'm sure Azcat knows.......

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2010, 04:21:29 PM »

First off... I'm pretty sure that $50 for a 1/4 bag of weed is a rough ridin' deal. And second... I've heard mixed reports on this. I've heard that if pot were legalized then prices could drop for one reason or another.

$50 for a 1/4 oz? Damn. You guys are getting screwed. Btw, if pot were legalized, the law of supply and demand would kick in. If legal, more people would use, therefore, more demand/less supply/higher prices. And the gov sure isn't going to let any income source go untaxed.

Good thing yo're a cop and not an economist.

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2010, 04:39:27 PM »

First off... I'm pretty sure that $50 for a 1/4 bag of weed is a fracking deal. And second... I've heard mixed reports on this. I've heard that if pot were legalized then prices could drop for one reason or another.

KK... thoughts on my post?

Offline AzCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2010, 10:23:55 PM »
Sorry, but our imported mexican is still $25 per 1/4 oz.

More like a hundo. And prob 99% of it is not imported.

Allow me to interpret, I speak cop: where TBL lives "imported" means "brought in from a county which, unlike ours, has more than one stoplight".  HTH

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2010, 10:29:49 PM »

Black markets are nearly the opposite of a free market.  The price would go down even if there was intense gov't regulation/price fixing, mostly because even if the ATF(&M) tried to regulate "free grows" the enforcement would almost inevitably carry nowhere near the current penalties, especially for non-commercial, self-consuming, horticulturists.

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2010, 10:36:52 PM »

Black markets are nearly the opposite of a free market.  The price would go down even if there was intense gov't regulation/price fixing, mostly because even if the ATF(&M) tried to regulate "free grows" the enforcement would almost inevitably carry nowhere near the current penalties, especially for non-commercial, self-consuming, horticulturists.
Damn, I'm rough ridin' brilliant.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2010, 12:32:01 AM »
I don't smoke, thus don't care about the price of it.  Would be willing to be people would pay huge taxes on it though.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2010, 08:44:47 AM »
Why would anyone want a bag of soda?

Online ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2010, 01:10:41 PM »
Why would anyone want a bag of soda?

This comment just made me wonder how much a typical sack of soda syrup that a restaurant buys would be taxed. $2 for a coke is already ridiculous, pretty sure they'd jack it up even higher if they tax the sugar content.