Author Topic: MHK P66(thursday) Lunch Pak?  (Read 18883 times)

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: MHK P66(thursday) Lunch Pak?
« Reply #125 on: March 06, 2012, 11:59:36 AM »
Pretty sure I owe 'Clams a few shots as well.  Next time, clams.

Pretty sure a Harlings pak would be exceptionally elite for those of us in KCMO

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 06, 2012, 12:30:16 PM »
RE: afraid to pak

I always thought about just showing up a pak and pretending i wasn't there to pak, and then joining the pak, and then later revealing that I was at the pak on here. I guess that still makes me a coward, but oh well!

Offline FP TC etc.

• Katpak'r
  • USA! USA! USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 06, 2012, 12:34:00 PM »
I don't think there are even fellow Cat fans in my area  :frown:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 06, 2012, 12:40:22 PM »
no you don't.

i haven't been there in years...terrible place to watch a game though, not sure how it could be an exceptional PAKing place.  they don't have televisions.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 06, 2012, 12:44:55 PM »
no you don't.

i haven't been there in years...terrible place to watch a game though, not sure how it could be an exceptional PAKing place.  they don't have televisions.

They do now  :dunno:

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 06, 2012, 12:45:35 PM »
no you don't.
hm..It was a pretty foggy night, but I thought I remembered you getting us a round of shots at Duke Pak.  I've always felt a little guilty for never returning the favor.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 06, 2012, 12:51:58 PM »
I ran into a guy on the street one afternoon in New Orleans who was wearing a K-State shirt. We started talking and I can't remember how, but we both instinctively made a goEMAW telekinetic connection and it turns out is was WeirdRobertsFoamFinger and Mrs. WRFF. Very unusual and random circumstances but it was a fun convo. Does this count as a 'Pak? 
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 06, 2012, 12:52:21 PM »
i did but it wasn't with the expectation that you would buy me one back.  good grief, no.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 06, 2012, 01:01:24 PM »
i did but it wasn't with the expectation that you would buy me one back.  good grief, no.
Well next time, it's on me.

:cheers:

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 06, 2012, 01:04:14 PM »
Confession.  When I lived on the plaza I was afraid to pak with pissclams. Granfalloon was like a 1 minute walk from my apartment.
He's kind of an intimidating figure.  Nice, though.
Yeah. When I first met him at falloon, I apologized too him for being fanning.  :lol: He just smirked like a badass and acted like he didn't care.

if you remember right, i actually ID'd you as fanning without you telling me you were fanning.  it wasn't even a PAK, you were just at the bar and came up and started talking to a friend of mine.  and i asked you if you were fanning. it was very surreal.
Yes. Although, I didn't realize you had ID'd me. That makes it even better now. My friends pregamed a lot that night. Still some grey moments of you, our friend, and the nice filly I was sitting next too.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: March 06, 2012, 01:06:05 PM »
I prob only initially agreed to pak because two people that I had know for a long time (Pete and lsoc) were going to be there and I knew I could count on pete to keep things lively and lsoc to sneak off with if anything got weird or uncomforable. it never did.

the average pakr likes to watch the kats, likes to drink and maybe eat while doing so and has the background knowledge of this board and different threads and maybe something funny that was said sometime. I mean, you kind of underestimate how much you prob have in common and how much you really have to talk about just cause you've never met face to face.

all that said, if you're 99% sure that you're some kind of weirdo or something, don't come. just because nothing has got weird yet doesn't mean it has to.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 06, 2012, 01:09:34 PM »
My first pak was meeting with Trim @ Willie's so he could give me a DVD of Qatz Vegas games (Huggins year).  Was a bit awkward, mostly because I was out of my element.  Then I kinda got into it when I stumbled into goEMAW legal formation pak

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 06, 2012, 01:10:21 PM »
Confession.  When I lived on the plaza I was afraid to pak with pissclams. Granfalloon was like a 1 minute walk from my apartment.
Yeah. When I first met him at falloon, I apologized too him for being fanning.  :lol: He just smirked like a badass and acted like he didn't care.

if you remember right, i actually ID'd you as fanning without you telling me you were fanning.  it wasn't even a PAK, you were just at the bar and came up and started talking to a friend of mine.  and i asked you if you were fanning. it was very surreal.
Yes. Although, I didn't realize you had ID'd me. That makes it even better now. My friends pregamed a lot that night. Still some grey moments of you, our friend, and the nice filly I was sitting next too.

i asked you if your name was fanning from goEMAW, and you said yes.  i then took out my camera and took a picture of you.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 06, 2012, 01:13:55 PM »

i asked you if your name was fanning from goEMAW, and you said yes.  i then took out my camera and took a picture of you.
Oh crap.  :lol: Did you send it to Trim?

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 06, 2012, 01:17:17 PM »
no but i think i posted it in the admin forum and told them that something really crazy had happened the night before.  i don't really know how i knew it was you, but i did.  it was like bbesp.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 06, 2012, 01:19:44 PM »
no but i think i posted it in the admin forum and told them that something really crazy had happened the night before.  i don't really know how i knew it was you, but i did.  it was like bbesp.
Must have been gods work.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 06, 2012, 01:22:48 PM »
I prob only initially agreed to pak because two people that I had know for a long time (Pete and lsoc) were going to be there and I knew I could count on pete to keep things lively and lsoc to sneak off with if anything got weird or uncomforable. it never did.

the average pakr likes to watch the kats, likes to drink and maybe eat while doing so and has the background knowledge of this board and different threads and maybe something funny that was said sometime. I mean, you kind of underestimate how much you prob have in common and how much you really have to talk about just cause you've never met face to face.

all that said, if you're 99% sure that you're some kind of weirdo or something, don't come. just because nothing has got weird yet doesn't mean it has to.

This is good advice for the pak rookie.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 06, 2012, 01:25:51 PM »

This is good advice for the pak rookie.
Yes. And if Trim is PI'ing the crap out of you, either be good at PI'ing back or just laugh it off, drink, and then get another drink.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 06, 2012, 01:28:38 PM »
Also, some people are much more comfortable (and adept) at talking in BBS lingo, I will admit that I am not. I do admire in many ways those that are much better at using BBS lingo with real audible words; Stevesie and j-dub are two that come to mind that are very skilled at this. It might be that the younger generation of posters is better at this. :dunno:

Offline FP TC etc.

• Katpak'r
  • USA! USA! USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 06, 2012, 01:30:21 PM »
Is it weird hanging out with _FAN since he's like, 90?

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 06, 2012, 01:36:42 PM »
Is it weird hanging out with _FAN since he's like, 90?

It wasn't weird except for this one time, his dentures fell out mid-sentence. I didn't know if it was okay to laugh at or not, but he kind of chuckled, so I did too.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 06, 2012, 01:39:49 PM »
it's one thing to feel comfortable using BBS lingo when PAK'n, it's a completely whole other level when you feel comfortable acting out emoticons mid-way through a sentence.

^just a pro-tip.

:users:

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 06, 2012, 01:40:43 PM »
it's one thing to feel comfortable using BBS lingo when PAK'n, it's a completely whole other level when you feel comfortable acting out emoticons mid-way through a sentence.

^just a pro-tip.

:runaway: would be my favorite.

and  :fatty:

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 06, 2012, 01:43:00 PM »
Mr. KK and I met at a wedding.   :love:

In a less exciting environment... Saul and I met at a work event.  I tried to get him to go to a social event the night before though.   :shakesfist:
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 06, 2012, 01:44:48 PM »

^just a pro-tip.

I'm perfectly comfortable with  :cheers: and :drink:

Also, if it is a Kite'sPak,  :popcorn:
:adios: