Author Topic: PAKing  (Read 2694 times)

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
PAKing
« on: March 06, 2012, 01:00:57 PM »
I would think it would make you a better poster if you actually know who the hell the other people were in real life. I'm going to use this as an excuse for my shitty posting.

What do you think?

EDIT: for clarification, do you think knowing people from here in real life makes you a better poster? Not if I have a valid excuse.

also a new acronym I found last night "hmu" totally using it!

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 01:16:50 PM by Sundance_Kid »

Online TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: PAKing
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 01:05:37 PM »
also a new acronym I found last night "hmu" totally using it!

Hold My Unicorn?
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline FP TC etc.

• Katpak'r
  • USA! USA! USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 01:06:39 PM »
Healing Monkey Ulcers

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 01:08:00 PM »

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2012, 01:10:19 PM »
How's my Uterus?

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I don't run out of gas.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2012, 01:11:41 PM »
 :horrorsurprise: I'll nevar teeeellll.   :runaway:

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2012, 01:15:21 PM »
:excited: Hit Me Up  :excited:

Offline FP TC etc.

• Katpak'r
  • USA! USA! USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2012, 01:16:20 PM »
:excited: Hit Me Up  :excited:

protip: don't use this acronym anymore.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2012, 01:18:35 PM »
no, denied
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2012, 03:07:26 PM »
following schemepak, i can confirm that i'm still a functional Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2012, 03:12:55 PM »
I feel like I would have to punch you in the face first sundance. Remember that mizzou ticket? I bet we could be friends after that though.
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2012, 03:18:05 PM »
I feel like I would have to punch you in the face first sundance. Remember that mizzou ticket? I bet we could be friends after that though.

Well the first part of that got me riled up, and then the second part made me feel nice.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2012, 03:24:14 PM »
You understand a lot more of the inside jokes. And you can post your own inside jokes and then everyone who doesn't get them gets really jealous.

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2012, 12:00:27 AM »
You understand a lot more of the inside jokes. And you can post your own inside jokes and then everyone who doesn't get them gets really jealous.

This alone makes me want to PAK

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2012, 01:59:48 AM »
following schemepak, i can confirm that i'm still a functional Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

Speaking of Scheme, I was perusing the www for some scheme pizza info and ran into two first hand accounts of real life Scheme PIing. 

Here's the deal with The Scheme; the food is decent but the service is not good.  I wish I had a nickel for every time we decide to "give it one more chance" and are treated rudely by the staff. 

The atmosphere in the restaurant is nice, dim lights, rustic decor and a really nice looking bar.  The pizza, I feel is overrated, even for a town the size of Salina.  It's hella expensive, takes forever to get out to you after you order and just really nothing special once it arrives.  Don't get me wrong, for a town like Salina where your options are limited as to where you can get non-chain pizza, it's certainly edible-just not particularly memorable.  The honey they provide for the crust is for sure the best part. 

My real problem, and the reason I give the place two stars, is that I have never eaten in a restaurant and felt more unwelcome than I have here.  You would think that being a mom and pop place they would take special care to make folks feel welcome, but that is just not the case.  They are typically very busy on the weekends, but good luck finding out when they are open, as they basically open and close whenever they feel like it.  This makes it frustrating to get a reservation or make plans to go there.

The most recent example: the last time my husband and his friends ate there (after making reservations for 8 PM)  the owners/employees brought them the check right after the food was brought out (approx. 8:45) and basically started staring them all down and made them very uncomfortable because the waitstaff  wanted to go home. 

The icing on the cake was when my husband and his friends were having a political discussion (same night, in normal voices, not loud or disruptive at all) and the waitress decided to come over and insult them and basically call them idiots.  During a private conversation!  Unreal.

I hate to give this place a negative review, and I am a major supporter of local businesses wherever I go, but Scheme, you MUST improve your customer service ( or at least make phenomenal pizza to make the abuse worthwhile) to get our business back.

This is a weird, weird restaurant. The pizza is great - really outstanding, excellent crust, appropriate amount of cheese and toppings.  Salad was average to good. But wow, the staff think they are THE coolest people to walk the earth and you are lucky to be able to enter their establishment and buy thier food. Obviously, this is an insiders' club - we have only carried out, and every time (3 I think) ALL the tables have "reserved" signs on them. Once I had to wait 10 minutes or so at about 6:15; no one came to sit at any of the spots. The guy ahead of me apparently was a "cool kid", he knew the cashier's name; she was super-sweet and chatty to him. She was not rude to me, but all business, frowning and with this DMV-like "I'm itching for you to bitch at me" look on her face.  The pizza is indeed very expensive, they don't take credit cards and their hours are very limited. In my opinion, it's worth it once in a while to get a great pizza in Salina, but I don't think I'd actually eat IN the place. Great pizza, very unusual attitude/atmosphere.

Sorry Nupir T and Jamie M from Kansas City.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2012, 08:02:37 AM »
Yes, love the PI.

Online TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2012, 08:28:02 AM »

scheme pizza

:thumbsup: Scheme Canadian bacon is the best. However you can only really go at lunch and only if you call your order in 45 min in advance. Owner is a flake and the staff follows.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2012, 08:31:51 AM »

scheme pizza

:thumbsup: Scheme Canadian bacon is the best. However you can only really go at lunch and only if you call your order in 45 min in advance. Owner is a flake and the staff follows.

Hey goEMAW'rs, you've been trained to take and give PI by the BITB.  Implement this in your real life and dining at the scheme is a fantastic experience at any hour.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2012, 08:34:44 AM »
Take it from a native Salina person (me). Scheme pizza sucks.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2012, 08:36:49 AM »

Welp, there you have it.

Online TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2012, 08:41:12 AM »

Also as a Salina native I am just going to walk away. This is going to devolve into a Scheme debate that has already taken place 1,000 times across the city and no one's mind can be changed. It's like trying to get some to change sides on their stance on abortion. You are born into your Scheme opinion and rarely do people change. 

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2012, 09:42:23 AM »

Hemmy post