Author Topic: NATO personnel recalled from Afghan ministries after killing of 2 Americans  (Read 4383 times)

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
Muslims are misunderstood.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
at a certain point I always have to laugh and facepalm how little these idiots understand about their lives.  I mean what happened when you had protests before under the taliban? oh thats right you got stoned to death on an old soccer field.  now you kill the people who gave you freedom.  Nothing about that country is worth the blood or treasure we've wasted.  Nuke those fuckers from orbit. 
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
Since Obama apologized so quick and sincere about burning a book I am sure the Afghans will be sending their sincere condolences to us for killing human beings because of a burned book.  If not, I am sure Obama will demand an apology for killing human beings over a burned book right? :dunno:

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
I know Arabs are pretty nuts, but our occupation of them isnt helping anything. If China occupied the US for a decade and starting bombing us with robots and pissing on our dead people and burning our bibles  i imagine some people here would lose it too.

Theres no justification for anything the crazy Arabs do, im just saying we're not helping very much. The war on terror has been an absolute disaster.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I know Arabs are pretty nuts, but our occupation of them isnt helping anything. If China occupied the US for a decade and starting bombing us with robots and pissing on our dead people and burning our bibles  i imagine some people here would lose it too.

Theres no justification for anything the crazy Arabs do, im just saying we're not helping very much. The war on terror has been an absolute disaster.

I agree. I wish Bush had never just woken up one fine (September) morning and decided to start a war on terror.

Seriously though, I'm not saying I'd like it, but I might understand China bombing us with Robots if our government gave sanctuary and abetted a group of folks that murdered 2,000 Chinese civilians. I mean, in theory. It would probably need to be a lot more than 2,000 for China to care in the first place.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 03:24:04 PM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile

I agree. I wish Bush had never just woken up one fine (September) morning and decided to start a war on terror.

Seriously though, I'm not saying I'd like it, but I might understand China bombing us with Robots if our government gave sanctuary and abetted a group of folks that murdered 2,000 Chinese civilians. I mean, in theory. It would probably need to be a lot more than 2,000 for China to care in the first place.

China wouldn't miss 2000 people.

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

I understand this and agree to an extent. We have to realize that a countries government and its people are not mutually inclusive. So 99% of the people there have nothing to do with providing sanctuary for the taliban. They're just goat and opium farmers minding their own business. These same people who 10 years ago couldnt find the USA on a map now hate our guts and will kill for simple, petty things like burning books. 

In a perfect world i think the war on terror could have worked, but we have to be honest with ourselves in that we're not going anybody any good over there.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

I understand this and agree to an extent. We have to realize that a countries government and its people are not mutually inclusive. So 99% of the people there have nothing to do with providing sanctuary for the taliban. They're just goat and opium farmers minding their own business. These same people who 10 years ago couldnt find the USA on a map now hate our guts and will kill for simple, petty things like burning books. 

In a perfect world i think the war on terror could have worked, but we have to be honest with ourselves in that we're not going anybody any good over there.

You may be right, to an extent, but who really knows? We've done a great deal of good for the Afghans. These "protestors" may not represent the overall population. More likely, I'd say, they're just Taliban goons. The whole controversy over the Mohamad cartoons, for example, was ginned up by extremist clerics.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
NATO personnel recalled from Afghan ministries after killing of 2 Americans
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2012, 08:47:39 PM »
However depicting a prophet in any context is forbidden within Islam.  Depicting that prophet as a terrorist is sure to piss people off.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: NATO personnel recalled from Afghan ministries after killing of 2 Americans
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2012, 11:27:30 PM »
first off various tribesmen of Afghanistan != Arab

Second there have been so many chances to win the peace in Afghanistan.  I really have nothing but contempt at this point for Karzai.  Not sure a bullet in him wouldn't clear up a lot of our issues there.  He is really playing tribes off one another and off the US con keep himself in power. 

Third, I enjoyed this film:
http://www.campvictoryafghanistanthemovie.com/castandcrew.html
I really felt like it showed the challenges the US is facing in Afghanistan from a systematic stand point.  Th film does a lot of work up on General Sayar.  When he was killed it really felt like the US lost a great figure in the movement to modernize Afghanistan from 4th century shithole into something better. http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=cp_w011517A.xml&show_article=1

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2012, 11:32:49 PM »
However depicting a prophet in any context is forbidden within Islam.  Depicting that prophet as a terrorist is sure to piss people off.

How many modern religions consider blasphemy a capitol crime?

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2012, 01:00:15 AM »
this is why that part of the world is doomed to failure.  If you can't have critical discourse you're mumped as a society.  I mean these Korans were supposedly used by prisoners to pass notes.  Why isn't the population protesting prisoners using their holy book as a prison kite?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2012, 08:20:25 AM »
this is why that part of the world is doomed to failure.  If you can't have critical discourse you're mumped as a society.  I mean these Korans were supposedly used by prisoners to pass notes.  Why isn't the population protesting prisoners using their holy book as a prison kite?

Which reminds me, remember when Tim Robbins hollowed out his Bible to hide the rock pick? I don't know about you, but I went rough ridin' apeshit.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2012, 08:52:07 AM »

Which reminds me, remember when Tim Robbins hollowed out his Bible to hide the rock pick? I don't know about you, but I went rough ridin' apeshit.

Remember when that artist put Jesus in a jar of piss? How many died in those riots? I know I shot a couple of local artists.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2012, 08:54:14 AM »

Remember when that artist put Jesus in a jar of piss? How many died in those riots? I know I shot a couple of local artists.

And then there were the beheadings when that artist covered the Virgin Mary in cowshit. Those were the days...

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2012, 09:18:28 AM »

And then there were the beheadings when that artist covered the Virgin Mary in cowshit. Those were the days...

Oh yeah!  I car bombed a feedlot over that one, effing cows.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2012, 03:03:32 PM »

I hear you.

But it is not like Islam is the only religion that has a fanatical sect.  Pat Robertson is a fracking lunatic who has called for the assasination of political figures.  Numerous devout Christians have killed abortion providers in the name of god.  Phil Jensen of South Dakota introduced a bill that would make the killing of an abortion provider legal.  The Huratee of Michigan, a christian paramilitary group were and are prepared to kill law enforcement in the name of god.

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2012, 03:47:55 PM »

I hear you.

But it is not like Islam is the only religion that has a fanatical sect.  Pat Robertson is a fracking lunatic who has called for the assasination of political figures.  Numerous devout Christians have killed abortion providers in the name of god.  Phil Jensen of South Dakota introduced a bill that would make the killing of an abortion provider legal.  The Huratee of Michigan, a christian paramilitary group were and are prepared to kill law enforcement in the name of god.

And if youve ever read the comments to a fox news article its always "kill the atheists!, kill the mexicans!, death to Islam!, kill those that dont speak english!, praise Israel!"

Not kidding.

But my point is Arabs arent much crazier than Christians. The US is just really, really brain washed.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2012, 03:52:11 PM »

That is only because there are no countries with Christianity as a state religion. You just have to look back in history to see that the Christians were very barbaric before church was separated from state.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2012, 04:01:25 PM »

I hear you.

Heads of state sometimes support the removal (killing) of other heads of state, ie Gaddafi. it happens. I think Pat Robertson is more of a realist than a lunatic, but you just don't say that stuff in public because it's not politically correct, but I can guarantee it has been discussed in the White House.

As for abortion doctor murderers, if they were truly Christians, they wouldn't even consider killing as an option. There isn't anything that resembles Sharia law in modern Christianity that I am aware of.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2012, 04:04:28 PM »

I hear you.

There are bound to be fanatics in any group, but "radical" Christianity isn't nearly as widespread as radical Islam, and you know it. Liberals just sound Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) when they draw these false equivalencies.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2012, 04:06:28 PM »

I hear you.

As for abortion doctor murderers, if they were truly Christians, they wouldn't even consider killing as an option. There isn't anything that resembles Sharia law in modern Christianity that I am aware of.

Somebody hasn't read Leviticus.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2012, 04:09:48 PM »

How many modern religions consider blasphemy a capital crime?

That is only because there are no countries with Christianity as a state religion. You just have to look back in history to see that the Christians were very barbaric before church was separated from state.

True, most religions have evolved. Time seems to have stood still in some areas of the world, and it's probably time for Islam to splinter into evolved and devolved factions.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2012, 04:24:40 PM »

I hear you.

Somebody hasn't read Leviticus.

The bible has become a metaphor as we've learned to govern ourselves and attempt to become less barbaric, right or wrong. If you take it literally, you will find yourself on the fringe. I think true believers realize this.