Author Topic: Change in rotations?  (Read 6118 times)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Change in rotations?
« on: March 09, 2010, 07:53:41 AM »
"Playing time is not charity, and I kind of made it that way the last few weeks of the season," Martin said. "Playing time is earned."

Cats say they haven't lost their swagger - Meek.

Will be interesting to see what this looks like in KC.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Change in rotations?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 08:00:18 AM »
Hopefully playing time means huge increase for major upside Wally Judge and a massive decrease for the oncourt disaster that is Lu Colon. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 08:00:42 AM »
I would tend to like this response but, nowing Frank, it only means more Energy and not less.  

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 08:25:48 AM »
More Judge and McGrudz less Merriweather and LuCo(Lu is fine as long as he isn't shooting).  But these two should never be on the court at the same time.  Also, would really like to have our "top 5" in as much as possible down the stretch(last 10 min) of ball games unless it is a blow out. 

Frank has shown to be adept at the offense/defense substitutions, would like to see some RM/DS in those situations.

Foster WJ's confidence by letting him play through mistakes. 

Bring back JYC.

GTFOOMF FP Dom and give me angry JYC Dom instead.
"It's a long season," Sutton said. "Our bodies are a little worn down, and you could tell by our body language that we weren't enthused. The last two games we lost, it was just a reality check."
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2010, 08:32:11 AM »
More Judge and McGrudz less Merriweather and LuCo(Lu is fine as long as he isn't shooting).  But these two should never be on the court at the same time.  Also, would really like to have our "top 5" in as much as possible down the stretch(last 10 min) of ball games unless it is a blow out.

I'm assuming you mean Pullen, Clemente, Sutton, JamSam, and Kelly as top 5.  That has been the line-up of choice when the game is on the line most of the year.

Frank has shown to be adept at the offense/defense substitutions, would like to see some RM/DS in those situations.

Foster WJ's confidence by letting him play through mistakes. 

Bring back JYC.

Definintely need to bring back JYC.  While the prospect of letting Judge play thorough mistakes is enticing, I doubt we'll see that now, but I would like to see him in at least 10 minutes per game.  Same with McGrudes.

"It's a long season," Sutton said. "Our bodies are a little worn down, and you could tell by our body language that we weren't enthused. The last two games we lost, it was just a reality check."

Big key here.  Need the bullcity23 of old of old to step up.  Hopefully he can get some offensive success early in games from here on out, b/c that seems to be one of the big keys to him having a solid game.

catzacker

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2010, 08:59:39 AM »
I would tend to like this response but, nowing Frank, it only means more Energy and not less.  

this. I'm sur Vic O will get some quality minutes as well.  Have no idea who he's really referencing in the quote though.  Save for a few minutes in the ISU game (where frank put in vic O and JHR and then soon realized he was going to get run out of his own gym if he didn't put kelly or samuels back in) not sure he's used his bench out of anger, more out of necessity.  maybe's he's hinting at a possible "hey coach you only have 4 players out there" - "my players are out there, let's play" - Hoosiers moment in the Big 12 tourney.  

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2010, 09:06:12 AM »
"When you can only lose once, it shows everybody how bad you want it." - Wally Judge

:blah:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2010, 09:18:42 AM »
this. I'm sur Vic O will get some quality minutes as well.  Have no idea who he's really referencing in the quote though.  Save for a few minutes in the ISU game (where frank put in vic O and JHR and then soon realized he was going to get run out of his own gym if he didn't put kelly or samuels back in) not sure he's used his bench out of anger, more out of necessity.  maybe's he's hinting at a possible "hey coach you only have 4 players out there" - "my players are out there, let's play" - Hoosiers moment in the Big 12 tourney.  

My hope is its a realization that Lou for 15+ minutes is too much.  I'm fine with Lou for 10; start him off to keep JamSam on the bench, then spot duty in a couple 2-3 minute stretches during the game, alternating those stretches with Wally.  And 5-6 for Merri, again a couple 2-3 minute stretches, alternating with McGrudes.

Here's what I'd like to see for minutes from here on out:

Pullen - 34, Clemente - 36, Irving - 10
Sutton - 23, McGruder - 12, Merri - 5
Kelly - 27, JamSam - 26, Judge - 12, Lou - 10, JHR - 5

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2010, 09:22:07 AM »

Big key here.  Need the bullcity23 of old of old to step up.  Hopefully he can get some offensive success early in games from here on out, b/c that seems to be one of the big keys to him having a solid game.

sutton looked completely demoralized and wiped out at the end of the ISU game when he failed to finish twice inside the paint not even getting the shot up.  i think one time samuels was the one who stripped him.  couldn't really tell until i was watching the replay at the gym yesterday.  dom blocked my view during live action.  still don't believe it.  can anyone confirm?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2010, 09:22:59 AM »
Judge has played through plenty of mistakes.  He still sucks at defense and rebounding.  Well, I guess he sucks at offense, too.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2010, 09:44:38 AM »
The worst thing in the world to ever happen to Dom was the two games in a row that he actually did something on offense.  I loved it, and it gave me a little hope. 

Reality is that he hasn't played his shut down D since. 

Don't know if it is loss of focus or what. 

He is too damn old to talk about hitting a wall though.  He is not only a grown-ass man, but also the most in shape guy on the squad. 

I say limit Lu, play McGudes and Wally more, and fix Dom's D. 

Dom's D needs to be on the court.  Lu will suffer because of this.  We cannot afford to have two non-offensive threats on the floor simultaneously very often. 

I say we play Kelly, Jake, Denis, Dom, and Jamar and run like hell.  Fast line up.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2010, 10:14:08 AM »
So, I totally thought Dom had an atrocious game against ISU, but to my surprise he had the best +/- on the team (+12). Thus, I no longer really trust this stat (not that I really did before).

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2010, 10:15:14 AM »
Judge has played through plenty of mistakes.  He still sucks at defense and rebounding.  Well, I guess he sucks at offense, too.

but luckily he can jump and dunk and stuff.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2010, 10:19:35 AM »

sutton looked completely demoralized and wiped out at the end of the ISU game when he failed to finish twice inside the paint not even getting the shot up.  i think one time samuels was the one who stripped him.  couldn't really tell until i was watching the replay at the gym yesterday.  dom blocked my view during live action.  still don't believe it.  can anyone confirm?

Sadly, I can confirm. Had a perfect view of the play, and Samuels didn't even "strip" Dom; Dom just bumped into Samuels and flat out dropped the ball like a little puss.

It was appropriate, because he played like a complete puss the entire game.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2010, 10:59:55 AM »
Hmmm . . . . the complete melt down by Lu anytime somebody guards him, coupled with the telegraphed one handed pass to the middle of the court . . . then toss in Lu going into "I'm the guy" throw (I mean that literally) up a couple of bricks mode.

:thumbsup:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2010, 11:02:38 AM »
"Frank said Vic is going to play minutes, so we're looking forward to Vic playing in the Oklahoma State or Oklahoma game."

http://cjonline.com/interact/blog/austin_meek/2010-03-09/martin_on_rotations

:embarrassed:

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2010, 11:04:07 AM »
"Frank said Vic is going to play minutes, so we're looking forward to Vic playing in the Oklahoma State or Oklahoma game."

shitfuck

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2010, 11:06:39 AM »

:runaway:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2010, 11:08:07 AM »
Love Frank.  He must read the boards.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2010, 11:10:29 AM »
 :facepalm:

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

Is Te420K recruiting anyone at all, or is it basically Frank calling up Art Alvarez??

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2010, 11:11:07 AM »

shitfuck

Yeah, nailed it

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2010, 11:12:23 AM »
:popcorn:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2010, 11:13:57 AM »
Yeah, nailed it

Frank being Frank. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2010, 11:15:40 AM »
Yeah, nailed it

Frank being Frank. 

Quit trying to steal my thunder and acknowledge that I've been calling my shot a lot lately  :blank:

catzacker

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2010, 11:17:50 AM »

so we're a loss and a baylor run away from not being in OKC, correct?