Author Topic: Former Shell Oil CEO and K-State alum  (Read 5405 times)

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Former Shell Oil CEO and K-State alum
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2012, 10:53:38 PM »
But, I thought that it was Bush and ExxonMobil that were in on a conspiracy to reap massive profits from oil price gouging??? Is Obama one of them?  :eek:

Who said that?

i would say that. Let us not forget that at the end of the day R's and D's all work for the same people, start wars for the same people, and regulate for the same people. Different side, same coin.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2012, 01:30:22 AM »
Who is the "right" anyway . . . stating facts make is a "right" issue?  Absurd.

So what you've said ednksu is that "Market Forces" don't impact energy pricing, President's do . . . so thanks for the $4 a gallon gas Barry W. Obama.

LOL WUT Engrish language much?

No market force impact pricing, especially when a President passes an agenda that has a significant impact on the death of the economy.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2012, 09:52:48 AM »
Going to be some hefty profits for the old Standard oil guys.  Hope Obama is ready to defend that in November.

Offline mortons toe

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2012, 10:05:36 AM »
But, I thought that it was Bush and ExxonMobil that were in on a conspiracy to reap massive profits from oil price gouging??? Is Obama one of them?  :eek:

Who said that?

ummm... maybe an entire political ideology? :dunno: I can't tell, is this Bush, or BO? :lol:

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2012, 11:26:46 AM »
$4 gas will be here by summer. I don't think we're likely to see $5 gas unless war breaks out in the middle east.

No president can take actions that will appreciably reduce the price of gas in the short term. However, presidents can take actions that improve our long term energy prices. That is where Obama has failed. His idea of an energy policy is to pump billions into subsidizing green initiatives, boost CAFE standards which will only result in smaller, less safe, yet more expensive cars, and hamper domestic oil/gas exploration, production, and refining. We've reached this point through decades of stupidity, and Obama is only the latest and possibly worst iteration.

Thus, while it is not fair to blame Obama for current gas prices, I''ll gladly pay a bit more at the pump if it means ousting this clown from office.

And let's not forget the libs who screamed bloody murder when gas prices shot up under Bush (I think there was even some Cheney/Halliburton conspiracy here), which I suspect is the whole point of dax's sarcastic posts.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2012, 12:19:38 PM »
$4 gas will be here by summer. I don't think we're likely to see $5 gas unless war breaks out in the middle east.

No president can take actions that will appreciably reduce the price of gas in the short term. However, presidents can take actions that improve our long term energy prices. That is where Obama has failed. His idea of an energy policy is to pump billions into subsidizing green initiatives, boost CAFE standards which will only result in smaller, less safe, yet more expensive cars, and hamper domestic oil/gas exploration, production, and refining. We've reached this point through decades of stupidity, and Obama is only the latest and possibly worst iteration.

Thus, while it is not fair to blame Obama for current gas prices, I''ll gladly pay a bit more at the pump if it means ousting this clown from office.

And let's not forget the libs who screamed bloody murder when gas prices shot up under Bush (I think there was even some Cheney/Halliburton conspiracy here), which I suspect is the whole point of dax's sarcastic posts.

So we should blame Reagan for the current price of gas, right?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2012, 12:41:39 PM »

So we should blame Reagan for the current price of gas, right?

Close. Carter.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2012, 12:54:35 PM »
 :lol:

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2012, 02:09:52 PM »
Oil prices are high because they want them to be high. The presidents only role is to serve as a puppet scapegoat.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2012, 08:15:44 PM »
KSU T. Boone?  =  Yes Please

I'm gonna get increasingly raped at the pump every year, so the cats might as well get some jack out of the deal.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2012, 03:32:30 PM »
I'm starting to think that Obama's refusal to approve the Keystone pipeline is going to be especially costly when gas hits $4.50 - $5.00 this summer.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2012, 04:00:57 PM »
I'm starting to think that Obama's refusal to approve the Keystone pipeline is going to be especially costly when gas hits $4.50 - $5.00 this summer.

The white house is blaming the republicans for putting a deadline on the decision after 3.5 years of review.  I don't know how the poor are going to survive the summer. Pretty sad.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2012, 04:07:09 PM »

Yes, because that pipeline would have totally been finished by this summer.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2012, 04:15:04 PM »

Yes, because that pipeline would have totally been finished by this summer.

Did I say that? Politically, this decision may be very toxic.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2012, 08:25:39 AM »
My, oh my. Some guy named David Harsanyi absolutely nails it. Libs like Obama and Chu have been lamenting for years that gas prices aren't high enough.

Gas prices are spiking. That's great news, right? We have to wean ourselves off the stuff. At least that's what we've been hearing for years. Oil is dirty. We import it from nations that hate our guts (like Canada!). And moreover, we're running out. Oil is "finite." Finite much in the way water is finite.

So why aren't Democrats making the case that the spike in prices is a good thing? Isn't this basically our energy policy these days? How we "win the future"? If high energy prices were to damage President Barack Obama's re-election prospects, it would be ironic, considering the left has been telling us to set aside our "dependency" -- or, as our most recent Republican president put it, "addiction" -- for a long time.

If Democrats had their way, after all, we would be enjoying the economic results of cap-and-trade policy these days -- a program designed to increase the cost of energy by creating false demand in a fabricated market. As the theory goes, if you inflate the price of fossil fuels, the barbarians might finally start putting thought into how peat moss might be able to power a toaster.

In 2008, Steven Chu, Obama's (and, sadly, our own) future secretary of energy (sic) lamented, "Somehow we have to figure out how to boost the price of gasoline to the levels in Europe." The president, when asked whether he thought $4-a-gallon gas prices were good for the American economy, said, "I think that I would have preferred a gradual adjustment."

How gradual? Like, what, four years? Or is it eight?