Author Topic: Stillwater Esky Joe's and Bitter Buffy's  (Read 10715 times)

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Stillwater Esky Joe's and Bitter Buffy's
« Reply #75 on: January 23, 2012, 02:22:38 PM »
95.5, keyed by an eFG% of only 39.7.

I have confidence he will improve because he was solid last year in Big 12 play, granted in a different role. In conference games only he had an OffRating of 116.4 and eFG% of 50.6. That was at 54% minutes, this year he's at 79.1% minutes played.

_fan s right, mir is wrong.  doc is fine other than not being able to shoot the cover off the ball, which he has shown he can do at other times.

his role will obviously decrease if mcgruder is going to continue to dominate the ball.  there's only one ball.

I don't think FAN is disagreeing with me.  Is anyone debating that Will has been horrible since conference play has started?  He isn't taking less shots since Rodney has "emerged," as a matter of fact I'm pretty sure he's taking more.  He is shooting worse, turning the ball over more, assisting less, and fouling more.  He is literally doing everything worse than ever in this 6 game stretch.  His performance isn't just about shooting, that's insulting.  I'm not saying he won't get better, he can't get worse, but man it is frustrating to see how all around bad he's been.

You guys seem to be under the impression that I think this is a permanent condition for Will, I don't.  I'm not going to ascribe to the "he's okay" talking point.  His defense has been pretty damn good in our wins, garbage in our losses.  You cannot have a guy that has the role that Will has with his number of minutes playing as poorly as he has for much longer to have prolonged success.

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 23, 2012, 03:06:23 PM »
I don't think FAN is disagreeing with me.  Is anyone debating that Will has been horrible since conference play has started?  He isn't taking less shots since Rodney has "emerged," as a matter of fact I'm pretty sure he's taking more.  He is shooting worse, turning the ball over more, assisting less, and fouling more.  He is literally doing everything worse than ever in this 6 game stretch.  His performance isn't just about shooting, that's insulting.  I'm not saying he won't get better, he can't get worse, but man it is frustrating to see how all around bad he's been.

you're wrong.  look at their stats.  mcgruder is up to 27.1 %shots, spradling is down to 18.5.  i don't recall their numbers going into the conference, but they were in the range of 23-24 and 20-21.

and also, yeah, it's mostly his shooting.  he's turning it over too much (as are they all, except mcgruder), but if he was shooting 50% efg, this thread doesn't swerve into spradling discusso.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 23, 2012, 06:03:04 PM »
It doesn't get any better than sys and clams back-n-forths.

It really doesn't. Mr. snakes? Lol. Amazing.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 23, 2012, 10:27:09 PM »
Will is playing out of position because he is the most reliable point we have, but he is in over his head in conference.  When Angel is ready to take over we will be alot better.  Kinda wish Frank would have just gave the reigns to Angel from game one, we would have struggled a little more early, but might be better off at this point in the season.
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 24, 2012, 12:12:13 PM »
I don't think FAN is disagreeing with me.  Is anyone debating that Will has been horrible since conference play has started?  He isn't taking less shots since Rodney has "emerged," as a matter of fact I'm pretty sure he's taking more.  He is shooting worse, turning the ball over more, assisting less, and fouling more.  He is literally doing everything worse than ever in this 6 game stretch.  His performance isn't just about shooting, that's insulting.  I'm not saying he won't get better, he can't get worse, but man it is frustrating to see how all around bad he's been.

you're wrong.  look at their stats.  mcgruder is up to 27.1 %shots, spradling is down to 18.5.  i don't recall their numbers going into the conference, but they were in the range of 23-24 and 20-21.

and also, yeah, it's mostly his shooting.  he's turning it over too much (as are they all, except mcgruder), but if he was shooting 50% efg, this thread doesn't swerve into spradling discusso.

On the season (shot %):
Sprads: 18.4
McG: 26.9

Conf. only:
Sprads: 18.0
McG: 30.8

Conclusion: sys is right, MiR is wrong. As McG's shot% has increased significantly in conference play, Sprads' has gone down (albeit slightly).

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 24, 2012, 01:03:43 PM »
On the season (shot %):

Conf. only:

Conclusion: sys is right, MiR is wrong. As McG's shot% has increased significantly in conference play, Sprads' has gone down (albeit slightly).

good numbers, kougs.

i'd say we were both wrong though.  spradling is basically the same, mcgruder way up.  i wonder where whose shots are dropping with mcgruder's increased usage?
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 24, 2012, 01:27:13 PM »
On the season (shot %):

Conf. only:

good numbers, kougs.

i'd say we were both wrong though.  spradling is basically the same, mcgruder way up.  i wonder where whose shots are dropping with mcgruder's increased usage?

Well, Sprads' is down, even though slightly. Remember: his 18.0% in 6 conference games would have lowered his overall % to 18.4, meaning his non-con % excluding conf. games would be above 18.4. So it's a bigger difference than just 0.4%. Likewise, McG's difference between conf. and non-con is bigger than 3.9%.

Anyway, looks like Shane the Goat's % is trending downward recently. 'Tay's is pretty sporadic, hard to tell with him.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 24, 2012, 01:28:01 PM »
Gipson's are way down.  He is 24.0% for the year and 19.9 in conference. Martavious is 15.6 overall and 13.9 in conference.

Those are the big ones.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 24, 2012, 01:56:36 PM »
Gipson's are way down.  He is 24.0% for the year and 19.9 in conference. Martavious is 15.6 overall and 13.9 in conference.

Those are the big ones.

Gip's shots were partially absorbed by JO (17.8 overall, 19.3 in conf.) and Samuels to a small degree (19.6 to 20.2).

Good catch on 'Tay, who is joined by Shanegoat (12.7 to 11.3).

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 24, 2012, 01:59:10 PM »
To be fair and make a good comparison I think you've got to look at Shot % and Min % side by side.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 24, 2012, 02:49:58 PM »
Couldn't resist the urge to go full nerd on this one; I'll say it's in honor of _FAN.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 24, 2012, 02:53:16 PM »
how did you get the non-con shot%?

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 24, 2012, 02:58:05 PM »
man, oh man.  nino.   :love:

that presentation is fantastic, kougar.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 24, 2012, 03:01:36 PM »
how did you get the non-con shot%?

Code: [Select]
([non-con games played] * x) + ([conf. games played] * [conf. shot %]) = [total games played] * [overall shot %]

where x = non-con shot %

probably wrong, but the numbers looked appropriate  :dunno:

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 24, 2012, 03:06:01 PM »
NINO!

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: January 24, 2012, 04:58:41 PM »
([non-con games played] * x) + ([conf. games played] * [conf. shot %]) = [total games played] * [overall shot %]

where x = non-con shot %

need _FAN to validate.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 24, 2012, 08:55:39 PM »
Jones is all "mo minutes, mo buckets".
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 25, 2012, 07:46:25 AM »
I wonder how much Angel's non-con % was jacked up by the Hawaii burst.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 25, 2012, 09:02:38 AM »

where x = non-con shot %

need _FAN to validate.

Seems like it would be right to me.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 25, 2012, 12:28:14 PM »

where x = non-con shot %

need _FAN to validate.

Huzzah! All that work was pretty pointless though, as it only reaffirmed what was said above that post in terms of where McG's shots are coming from.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 25, 2012, 12:35:02 PM »

where x = non-con shot %

need _FAN to validate.

Huzzah! All that work was pretty pointless though, as it only reaffirmed what was said above that post in terms of where McG's shots are coming from.

Yes. By the way, nice work. And just because a person likes excel/numbers/stats it doesn't make them a nerd.  :gocho:

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 25, 2012, 12:42:37 PM »

where x = non-con shot %

need _FAN to validate.

Yes. By the way, nice work. And just because a person likes excel/numbers/stats it doesn't make them a nerd.  :gocho:

oh yes it does

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 25, 2012, 01:28:18 PM »

where x = non-con shot %

need _FAN to validate.

False

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 25, 2012, 01:39:13 PM »
I am not a fan of stats, so just keep waving that big brush around.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."