Author Topic: "That's so funny" (Scrubs thread)  (Read 39453 times)

Offline slimz

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: "That's so funny" (Scrubs thread)
« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2012, 04:12:07 PM »
My Screw Up is the best episode to me. I mean, the first time is saw it. wow.

"Where do you think we are?"     :horrorsurprise: ...  :frown:  ...   :cry:  ...   :bawl:

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2012, 04:14:31 PM »
 :flush:

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2012, 04:29:50 PM »

"Where do you think we are?"     :horrorsurprise: ...  :frown:  ...   :cry:  ...   :bawl:

Cried. Literally cried actual tears.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
My Fruit Cups
« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2012, 12:34:02 AM »
This episode gets two

"This is the reason your headache didn't go away.  That's actually pronounced ANalgesic not ANALgesic.  Sir the pills go in your mouth."

"Paging Dr. Bajingo to the backbone ward."

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2012, 06:22:53 AM »
"Oh, this woman is just fantastic. I mean, the breasts are probably fake, but, by God, those tears are real!"

also, i'm going to watch every episode again and then give my favorite episodes. Probably Top 5 per season and then figure it out in the end.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 30, 2012, 06:25:34 AM »
"Now, listen Dr...Whatever-the-hell-your-name-is, you tattled yesterday, I responded - I feel closer to you than ever, really - but the ramifications are yours. So don't try to drag me into your pathetic, whiny, little squabble with that God-awful bunch of malcontents. I hope you all kill each other! Have a great day, ladies."
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Johnny Wichita

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2012, 12:08:44 PM »

Cried. Literally cried actual tears.

Me too fellas.  My favorite episode.  What a great tv show. 

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 30, 2012, 07:23:47 PM »
My Beside Banter & Beyond is an amazing look at relationships. Like, perfect.

But yeah, My Screw Up. Wow.  :frown:

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 04, 2012, 08:42:31 AM »
I've always like My Catalyst. I just love Michael J. Fox's spiel to JD at the end.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 04, 2012, 12:14:56 PM »
I've always like My Catalyst. I just love Michael J. Fox's spiel to JD at the end.

yes, that ending was great. Loved Scrubs usage of specials guests.
- chunkles

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 04, 2012, 01:34:15 PM »

yes, that ending was great. Loved Scrubs usage of specials guests.

First big one that I remember was Carrot Top. Absolutely hilarious. I love it when celebrities make fun of themselves. Gary Busey did it later (season 5?) too.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 05, 2012, 11:29:55 PM »
not to derail the thread...but does anyone watch Cougar Town? I love Bill Lawrence but never gave it a shot. This article has me rethinking it.

http://comicstheblog.com/2012/01/30/late-to-the-party-no-5-cougar-town/
- chunkles

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I don't run out of gas.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 05, 2012, 11:36:16 PM »
not to derail the thread...but does anyone watch Cougar Town? I love Bill Lawrence but never gave it a shot. This article has me rethinking it.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 06, 2012, 12:43:22 AM »

It was okay, I watched it for a while for Christa Miller & Bill Lawrence but it just didn't hold me

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
My Brother, My Keeper
« Reply #64 on: February 06, 2012, 12:45:18 AM »
Back from a New Hampshire imposed Scrubs hiatus

"Back in '68 I don't like you, the end"

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 08, 2012, 09:30:59 PM »
"I'll remove tumors from your brain to your rectum." 

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 08, 2012, 10:55:18 PM »
Do you need me to ice up your nipples?   Why... what would that do?

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 09, 2012, 07:55:58 AM »
Well, remember on Thanksgiving when i said your turkey was dry, and you picked me up and shook me.
- chunkles

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 09, 2012, 08:07:09 AM »
I pooed a little.
- chunkles

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 09, 2012, 09:13:54 AM »
I will crush you into two little newbie cubes and hang you from my rear view mirror!!

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 09, 2012, 12:04:31 PM »
I'm going out for mexican food tonight... and I'll see you in bed my friend.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 09, 2012, 01:25:08 PM »
Season One

WARNING: SPOILERS!

I wanted to just do a top 5 list, but I couldn't narrow it down; The season is THAT good. The top 3 episodes are very close, with little drop off to the others. As you will be able to tell after reading the list, endings are very important to me....so that may skew my list a bit. Season 1 is just hilarious throughout, much more consistent than some other seasons, imo. The fantasies are great. There are some issues with continuity in relation to other seasons, but that's expected and they're generally minor details.

So here's my list, with a brief description and commentary after each episode. I also added the episode number after the name, just for reference. Criticisms and thoughts are welcome!!

My Occurence/My Hero (E22/23)- These were actually two episodes, but i'll just group them since they both focused on Jordan's brother Ben(played by Brendan Fraser, who is probably my favorite guest star in the series). The ending in My Occurence, where JD doesn't know what is real and what is a daydream, was outstanding. Combined with the music, just great stuff. Also, The first "Eagle!" was in this episode, as well as the first appearance of The Blanks.

2. My Fifteen Minutes (E08) - JD gets evaluated. Almost was my #1 episode. Dr. Cox's evaluation speech of JD was outstanding, then later recommending him to the board. Two classic fantasies as well: Batman & Robin, The Pro Wrestler.

3. My Bed Banter and Beyond (E15) - Unique storytelling of JD and Elliot's hookup, using different timelines and through a Documentary type style. The way they edited the ending was great....and Dr. Cox with another good speech/rant. Characters took front stage, instead of the hospital/medicine.

4. My Bad (E06) - JD hooks up with Jordan; Dr. Cox is suspended. The ending with Dr. Cox looking through old pictures of his marriage, combined with the music...outstanding. (The video of her in the dress was from her actual wedding, btw. She's married to the series creator, Bill Lawrence)

5. My Blind Date  (E12) - JD decides to ask out girl without seeing what she looks like; Turk tells Carla he loves her; Dr. Cox/Elliot's perfect game attempt. Nice cliffhanger at the end, not knowing what the girl looks like. Also nice twist making everyone think Turk was going to break up with Carla, only to say "I love You." Also, the scene with Dr. Cox and Elliot trying to save the patient in the bottom of the ninth was outstanding. I might be underrating this episode actually...

6. My Last Day (E24) - Season Finale; Jordan blows everything up. Feel good episode turns into chaos when Jordan reveals everyone's secrets. Nice finale episode. Great song to end as well.

7. My Best Friend's Mistake (E03) - JD & Elliot try to get with each other; Turk closes his 1st surgery. An Erasure song featured throughout the episode. Just hilarious overall, start to finish.

8. My Two Dads (E05) - Dr. Kelso & Dr. Cox fight over JD. Another hilarious episode overall, includes two classic fantasies: Family Feud "Show me Boobs!" and the Wonder Years scene.

9. My Old Lady (E04) - Turk, Elliot, JD each have a patient die. This episode probably should be higher, however it just doesn't do anything for me anymore. First time viewing is really great though.
- chunkles

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 09, 2012, 06:21:09 PM »
My Bedside Banter & Beyond is my favorite Scrubs episode of all time. My Old Lady, 4th episode in the series, is when I knew this show was different and had to keep watching. Really showed a serious/emotional side of a comedy without being cheesy, which most comedies end up being if they try to do something serious. Going through the series for my 5th/6th time now. Just amazing.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 13, 2012, 11:48:12 AM »
My Bedside Banter & Beyond is my favorite Scrubs episode of all time. My Old Lady, 4th episode in the series, is when I knew this show was different and had to keep watching. Really showed a serious/emotional side of a comedy without being cheesy, which most comedies end up being if they try to do something serious. Going through the series for my 5th/6th time now. Just amazing.

I agree, i probably should have My Old Lady in the top 5.

"Oh, I'm sorry Sport, i was thinking about soup."
- chunkles

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 13, 2012, 01:37:03 PM »
Watched "My Interpretation" last night, wow incredible, "My Drama Queen" is tonight and its pretty average.