Author Topic: Awkward Reunions  (Read 3630 times)

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
Re: Awkward Reunions
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2012, 12:43:55 PM »
But i'm not married with kids so it might be a tad bit different for me when I run into an ex.

I'm guessing you get slapped quite often.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2012, 12:55:18 PM »
But i'm not married with kids so it might be a tad bit different for me when I run into an ex.

I'm guessing you get slapped quite often.
Oh ya. I was a real piece of crap in college. I've had some real interesting reunions in my day.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2012, 01:11:42 PM »
I recently pointed out a college crush (accompanied by her hubby and new kid) to the gf at a party. It's not like I'm still trying to hook up with her a decade later. The fact that the gf understands this speaks to why she's the gf. We're all adults here, let's recognize the past is the past, and the now is the now.

Different situation: what do you do when you run into someone you used to see or work with all the time, but you haven't seen him in a while. You remember their name clearly and greet them, then talk a little bit, and it becomes clear that they don't remember your name? This could be avoided by greeting them with something like, "Hey, Tom! John Smith, from K-State...how's it going?" But some folks fall in a gray area, where you don't want to insult them by offering your name as if you assume they wouldn't remember. Last time this happened to me, I concluded afterwards that I should have given the guy one of my cards with the "call me up and let's get lunch sometime," or something similar, as we wrapped things up.

if i wanted to talk to tom in my post-college life, then i would be talking to tom in my post-college life.  if i see someone from ksu and i currently don't talk to them, then more than likely i will just ignore them and pretend like i didn't see them

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2012, 01:33:31 PM »
ZIIIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

mods, love the new fanning filter.  excellent work, fellas.  makes #fanningstuff more enjoyable.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2012, 01:38:38 PM »
Had similar event at Po's about a month ago with similar results.  No point in small talk.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2012, 01:46:03 PM »
Had similar event at Po's about a month ago with similar results.  No point in small talk.

what's the point? none.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2012, 02:13:13 PM »

what's the point? none.

You probably know the girl I bumped into. 

It had been years and we split amid (unsubstantiated) rumors that I had been unfaithful.  I can't see how on earth that benefits me to swing by and strike up a chat about the good old days.