Author Topic: frank for three more years  (Read 27545 times)

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
Re: frank for three more years
« Reply #150 on: March 07, 2010, 07:35:59 PM »
Maybe Currie is one of those assholes who actually gets crap done?   :dunno:

Starting to look like it.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 07, 2010, 07:36:33 PM »
I am thrilled that Currie got this done (because I am a Martinite,) but it also scares the crap out of me because Currie is untouchable now.  Those people who were yelling at Pete and KK last night now have a good reason to go with anything Currie ever says from now on and the tards will only hug his dick tighter.   :ohno:
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 07, 2010, 07:48:06 PM »
you spelled mittens wrong.

No I didn't.

Thanks for playing.

Offline Andy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 07, 2010, 08:02:19 PM »
I'd like to know if the young "snake in the grass" AD asked Frank if Te420K was going to (as I like to say) get off his a$$ and start doing some real recruiting.  

I got a good feeling when he said assistant salaries would be "re-evaluated" at the end of the season.  Incentive for 'Te to get to work. 

was thinking the same thing when i heard that...would be pretty incredible if currie actually cut his salary

The42Yardstick

« Reply #154 on: March 07, 2010, 08:27:59 PM »
KSU has a basketball coach?

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 07, 2010, 08:34:15 PM »

It's our special day.  Be nice.  :embarrassed:

The42Yardstick

« Reply #156 on: March 07, 2010, 08:36:13 PM »

It's our special day.  Be nice.  :embarrassed:

Srsly tho, 'grats. Martin is my favorite non-KU coach by far.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 07, 2010, 09:05:30 PM »

No I didn't.

Thanks for playing.

hey, bro, i don't care about a clip from a show.  just letting you know that you spelled a word wrong in your name.  just stop now, or i will be forced to poster intimidate the f*ck out of you.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 07, 2010, 09:44:49 PM »

No I didn't.

Thanks for playing.

hey, bro, i don't care about a clip from a show.  just letting you know that you spelled a word wrong in your name.  just stop now, or i will be forced to poster intimidate the f*ck out of you.

jesus, you sound like a dax doppeldanger.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 07, 2010, 09:54:51 PM »
What . . .   :dunno:

Look,  I can turn on an AD in a heartbeat . . . it's happened before (giggle). 

We have an entirely new regime at K-State and they're likely going to pi$$ some people off because things just aren't going to be like they were with Jon and Bob and Bill running the show and getting whatever they want and then some. 

Baby, I love you.  I was just razzing Ok because he sounded grumpy and disoriented when confronted with an extended cable pop culture reference.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 07, 2010, 10:39:35 PM »
Tony Kitt beat MU with a tip in . . . was sitting with a bunch of MU people, and they nearly died.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 07, 2010, 10:53:34 PM »
I just want to add once again that it appears that the shirt tuckers really don't know $hit.

This.

It's difficult for me to express how rough ridin' clueless they were on this matter, and I wish I could share everything that I have had the great fortune of learning about this process over the past few months. 

I'm delighted, just delighted that Frank's got done.

Also, it really is kinda fun knowing how rough ridin' blind these people are.....http://kansasstate.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=419&tid=132100330&mid=132100330&sid=889&style=2

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 07, 2010, 10:55:48 PM »
I just want to add once again that it appears that the shirt tuckers really don't know $hit.

This.

It's difficult for me to express how rough ridin' clueless they were on this matter, and I wish I could share everything that I have had the great fortune of learning about this process over the past few months. 

Also, it really is kinda fun knowing how rough ridin' blind these people are.....http://kansasstate.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=419&tid=132100330&mid=132100330&sid=889&style=2

Yeah, I can't read that.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 07, 2010, 10:56:39 PM »

This.

It's difficult for me to express how fracking clueless they were on this matter, and I wish I could share everything that I have had the great fortune of learning about this process over the past few months. 

Also, it really is kinda fun knowing how fracking blind these people are.....http://kansasstate.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=419&tid=132100330&mid=132100330&sid=889&style=2

Yeah, I can't read that.

It's best you don't, bro.  It's best you don't.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 08, 2010, 03:22:59 AM »
My favorite part of the contract. 

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: March 08, 2010, 06:38:20 AM »
^"Top 3 seed in Big 12 tourney" seems like an odd criterion.

I also always think it's weird that Sweet 16, regular season B12 championship, and B12 tourney champs are all viewed as equals.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 08, 2010, 07:00:03 AM »
^"Top 3 seed in Big 12 tourney" seems like an odd criterion.

I also always think it's weird that Sweet 16, regular season B12 championship, and B12 tourney champs are all viewed as equals.

true.  just like that the contract is "heavily" incentive laden. 
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 08, 2010, 07:13:06 AM »
Hey bros/brodettes, no worries for at least a season (maybe two) about Frank leaving.  Should be party time, no?  :pbj:

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 08, 2010, 07:17:39 AM »
Hey bros/brodettes, no worries for at least a season (maybe two) about Frank leaving.  Should be party time, no?  :pbj:

dude, I have no problem.  And yeah, the contract was definitely written for him to leave after next season.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 08, 2010, 07:22:16 AM »

dude, I have no problem.  And yeah, the contract was definitely written for him to leave after next season.

It was the only way to get it done prolly.  Very good chance we nosedive after next season.  Gotta pack your parachute.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 08, 2010, 07:24:13 AM »

It was the only way to get it done prolly.  Very good chance we nosedive after next season.  Gotta pack your parachute.

there's a very good chance we won't be as good next season, too.  (record wise)

I think this year is the peak of his "attractiveness to other programs" for at least a couple of years.  (Again, I am fine w/ all of this)

Offline Ghost of Stan Parrish

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 08, 2010, 08:04:38 AM »
Glad this contract got done, and glad I haven't spent any time worrying about it or hating Currie.

Also, I'm VERY glad to know Currie is ruthless enough to fire a whole bunch of people if he sees the need.  Hope he makes all kind of ruthless decisions in the damn Athletic Department.
"I'm thankful our MHK forefathers had the foresight to lynch white dudes so that we might be able to throw up the mob with a clear conscience."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 08, 2010, 08:05:51 AM »
Also, I'm VERY glad to know Currie is ruthless enough to fire a whole bunch of people if he sees the need.  Hope he makes all kind of ruthless decisions in the damn Athletic Department.

Love this part

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 08, 2010, 08:07:22 AM »
Glad this contract got done, and glad I haven't spent any time worrying about it or hating Currie.

JRake had a great tweet - Paying Frank is easy, firing Snyder will be hard.  LET'S GET RUTHLESS, CURRIE.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 08, 2010, 08:08:53 AM »

there's a very good chance we won't be as good next season, too.  (record wise)

I think this year is the peak of his "attractiveness to other programs" for at least a couple of years.  (Again, I am fine w/ all of this)

Agreed on next season record.  But, I think his inexperience and his Merys slap kept him from completely blowing up this season re. his attractiveness.