Author Topic: Video games master thread  (Read 625935 times)

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: Video games master thread
« Reply #3875 on: August 12, 2013, 09:53:00 PM »
I'll stick with saul. (I hope it's the ps that pooped out)
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Video games master thread
« Reply #3876 on: August 12, 2013, 10:25:30 PM »
I'll stick with saul. (I hope it's the ps that pooped out)
eat a dick, shithead

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3877 on: August 12, 2013, 10:26:11 PM »
1cat  :don'tcare:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Video games master thread
« Reply #3878 on: August 13, 2013, 08:27:14 AM »
im building a new PC, got frustrated w/ bioshock infinite lagging on me w/ max settings.
And thus ends the PC/Console argument.

I think "I'm buying an Xbox One. There aren't going to be any more new Xbox 360 games after next year" might leave that argument open, though. :dunno:

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #3879 on: August 13, 2013, 09:09:35 AM »
im building a new PC, got frustrated w/ bioshock infinite lagging on me w/ max settings.

I think "I'm buying an Xbox One. There aren't going to be any more new Xbox 360 games after next year" might leave that argument open, though. :dunno:

"I wonder if I can play Duke Nukem 3D on Windows 8".

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3880 on: August 13, 2013, 09:39:08 AM »

I'm sure you can, but that wasn't really my point. The point was that buying a new console is about as bad as upgrading a PC.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3881 on: August 13, 2013, 10:08:15 AM »

I'm sure you can, but that wasn't really my point. The point was that buying a new console is about as bad as upgrading a PC.

except the xbox 360 hit the market 8 years ago and still has shelf life left in it 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3882 on: August 13, 2013, 10:36:41 AM »
:excited:
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline SabiNation

• Katpak'r
  • USA Handball - Rio 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #3883 on: August 13, 2013, 11:18:59 AM »
'grats winters!
"If i worked for the NY times, and my boss told me 'hey. if you keep ranking ksu so high, we may fire you' i would tell my boss to 'bring it on.'"  -FFF

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #3884 on: August 13, 2013, 01:08:32 PM »

He could just lower the settings to dirty console peasant resolution (640 p) and low res textures.

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3885 on: August 21, 2013, 11:45:21 AM »
http://www.theverge.com/2013/8/21/4643746/microsoft-previews-xbox-one-dashboard-gamescom-2013

There's good news for home theater enthusiasts, too. Microsoft is taking advantage of the console's IR blaster in a big way. The Xbox One can control individual components of your living room setup — a TV, receiver, etc. — recognizing commands like "Xbox, volume up" to make quick changes. The configuration process reportedly resembles that of a Harmony remote; you simply search for a device in your home theater chain rather than dealing with codes or other cumbersome menus.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #3886 on: August 21, 2013, 01:05:26 PM »
Saints Row IV  :excited:

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3887 on: August 21, 2013, 04:01:22 PM »
This says the PS4 is going to be the better console.  People who know, you say what about this?  Hemmy?  Saul?

http://www.psu.com/a020650/PS4-has-huMA-Xbox-One-doesnt-3D-performance-way-better-apparently?utm_source=zergnet.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=zergnet_84989
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3888 on: August 21, 2013, 04:09:20 PM »
This says the PS4 is going to be the better console.  People who know, you say what about this?  Hemmy?  Saul?

http://www.psu.com/a020650/PS4-has-huMA-Xbox-One-doesnt-3D-performance-way-better-apparently?utm_source=zergnet.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=zergnet_84989

It won't help play Titanfall any better. Graphics aren't everything. Especially when almost all multiplatform games are ports.

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3889 on: August 21, 2013, 04:10:49 PM »

PS4 is going to be more powerful/have better hardware than the XB1, but it won't mean much since the vast majority of games will be on both the PS4 and XB1.  That means they will have to be able to run on the XB1's inferior hardware so they will be designed with that in mind.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3890 on: August 21, 2013, 04:11:23 PM »

It won't help play Titanfall any better. Graphics aren't everything. Especially when almost all multiplatform games are ports.

So ew2x4 says yes, but in a really defensive way.  Clearly an xbox fanboi.  Anybody else?
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3891 on: August 21, 2013, 04:12:43 PM »

PS4 is going to be more powerful/have better hardware than the XB1, but it won't mean much since the vast majority of games will be on both the PS4 and XB1.  That means they will have to be able to run on the XB1's inferior hardware so they will be designed with that in mind.

Doesn't that mean that they will run smoother on the ps4 tho?  Like less freezing and lagging?  That seems like a clear benefit.  Nothing ruins a good gaming sesh like a choppy game. 

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3892 on: August 21, 2013, 04:13:25 PM »

hemmy is 100% microsoft, bready bread bread

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3893 on: August 21, 2013, 04:14:49 PM »

bread, we were even "team windows phone" at the inaugural fattyfest FWIW

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3894 on: August 21, 2013, 04:15:47 PM »

So his ass is probably pretty sore about this development I guess.  Sorry there, hemmster.  PC tho. 

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3895 on: August 21, 2013, 04:16:38 PM »

Doesn't that mean that they will run smoother on the ps4 tho?  Like less freezing and lagging?  That seems like a clear benefit.  Nothing ruins a good gaming sesh like a choppy game.

Publishers are lazy, cheap and stupid - they spend 90% of their budget on advertising and voice acting so instead of optimizing different versions of the same game to run better on different systems they're going to be made so they can run smoothly on XB1.  If something with inferior hardware can definitely run it without problems, so can the PS4.

Games that are exclusive to the PS4 should look better than games that are exclusive to the XB1, though.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 04:22:41 PM by Shacks »

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3896 on: August 21, 2013, 04:21:02 PM »

You're assuming a privilege of intimacy here mocat.  I'm obviously fine with it, but I just want you to know that I am aware of it.  It didn't go unnoticed. 

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3897 on: August 21, 2013, 04:27:45 PM »

Publishers are lazy, cheap and stupid - they spend 90% of their budget on advertising and voice acting so instead of optimizing different versions of the same game to run better on different systems they're going to be made so they can run smoothly on XB1.  If something with inferior hardware can definitely run it without problems, so can the PS4.

Games that are exclusive to the PS4 should look better than games that are exclusive to the XB1, though.

My example would be Fallout New Vegas on ps3.  It ran like crap.  Freezing, lagging crap.  So if they made a game like that and it ran like crap on the xbox one, wouldn't it stand to reason that it might perform better on the ps4 or would it be equally shitty?

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3898 on: August 21, 2013, 04:33:04 PM »

My example would be Fallout New Vegas on ps3.  It ran like crap.  Freezing, lagging crap.  So if they made a game like that and it ran like crap on the xbox one, wouldn't it stand to reason that it might perform better on the ps4 or would it be equally shitty?

Fallout's an unusual game when it comes to how smooth it runs because it has issues on everything.  I've played 3 and FNV on 360, 3 on PS3 and 3 and FNV on PC.  All of them had their moments of lag and freezing, although the 360's issues were the worst.  In a massive open world game like that you definitely want to play it on the best hardware available, and next gen console-wise that would be PS4.  No guarantees for how smoothly Fallout 4 will play.  Bethesda just has problems getting their games to play cleanly.

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3899 on: August 21, 2013, 04:34:49 PM »
Also, google "Xbox One cloud".