Author Topic: Video games master thread  (Read 625798 times)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Video games master thread
« Reply #3800 on: July 10, 2013, 08:16:36 AM »
Anybody had a chance to try the new Civilization expansion yet?

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Video games master thread
« Reply #3801 on: July 10, 2013, 08:36:50 AM »
Hadnt been on xbox live for a while, so i tried today. Asked for an email/password to log onto live. No big deal. Except it won't accept my login credentials. Between all the troubleshooting steps, im now left trying to download my profile back onto the xbox, with it erroring out every time.  I've never seen how far i can throw an xbox before...     :don'tcare:
same thing has happened to me. did you ever fix it?
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3802 on: July 10, 2013, 08:43:05 AM »
Even though I feel like this game deserves its own thread, I won't clog up the message board with threads. Here is the gameplay trailer for GTA V.

http://kotaku.com/watch-the-new-grand-theft-auto-v-trailer-right-here-717432399

I shouldn't have watched it and neither should you because it will make the next two months of your life very long and boring.

the last year of my life has been very long and boring.  i was waiting on their previous spring launch date forever.  then they pushed it out to sept.  but august is almost here and there's few things better than those last few weeks leading up to college football season.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #3803 on: July 10, 2013, 08:43:24 AM »
Hadnt been on xbox live for a while, so i tried today. Asked for an email/password to log onto live. No big deal. Except it won't accept my login credentials. Between all the troubleshooting steps, im now left trying to download my profile back onto the xbox, with it erroring out every time.  I've never seen how far i can throw an xbox before...     :don'tcare:
same thing has happened to me. did you ever fix it?

yeah. found their support list of things to do. Deleted my profile of the xbox. And i had to reset my xbox to where it deletes the updates, then reinstalls them. Then i deleted my cache or whatever. Then re-added profile.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #3804 on: July 10, 2013, 12:34:52 PM »
Replaying Red Dead Redemption right now.  Forgot about those wildcats that jump out of the brush and one shot your horse.   :sdeek:

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #3805 on: July 10, 2013, 01:17:46 PM »

The Big Train

« Reply #3806 on: July 10, 2013, 01:37:26 PM »
Even though I feel like this game deserves its own thread, I won't clog up the message board with threads. Here is the gameplay trailer for GTA V.

http://kotaku.com/watch-the-new-grand-theft-auto-v-trailer-right-here-717432399

I shouldn't have watched it and neither should you because it will make the next two months of your life very long and boring.

:love:  :love:  :love:

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3807 on: July 10, 2013, 02:25:55 PM »

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #3809 on: July 10, 2013, 05:27:47 PM »
rumors of steam summer sale starting tomorrow :crossfingers:

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3810 on: July 12, 2013, 01:44:05 PM »
Anybody had a chance to try the new Civilization expansion yet?

Bought it earlier today when it was 33% off during a flash sale on Steam.  Shocked it was discounted at all since it just came out.  It's pretty fun.  The World Congress feature is very interesting.  You can really eff over other countries by banning certain resources or vice versa.  The social policy system was improved and there are more wonders, some of which can only be built if you follow certain policies.  For example, you have to unlock the freedom tree to build the Statue of Liberty.

Lots of new civs.  I've only had the chance to try Portugal and they were pretty good.  They can make a terrain improvement that you place in city state territory and it gives you access to all their luxury resources.  Doesn't matter what your relationship is like with that city state, you get the happiness bonus from their luxuries.

If anyone wants to play it sometime, PM me your Steam name.  Heads up, I'm pretty elite at Civ games.

Side note, if you're participating in that trading card thing on Steam you can make decent spare change.  Bots will instantly buy your cards if you list them a few cents below the market price.  Pretty neat making $5-10 to spend during the summer sale while I'm playing games.

Offline FP TC etc.

• Katpak'r
  • USA! USA! USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3811 on: July 12, 2013, 04:25:36 PM »
How similar is it to AOE?

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3812 on: July 13, 2013, 01:50:20 AM »

Warfare is the entire game in AoE, it's only part of the game in Civ.  You start a civilization from the ground up and try to win by conquering the world, launching a space shuttle to another solar system, having a greatly superior culture or convincing other people to vote for you as the leader of the world.  You manage multiple cities across continents.  There are many different maps.  You can play on a replica of Earth, maps based on smaller regions like Europe or the Amazon and you can randomize maps for certain conditions (pangaea, ice age, little islands etc).  The game has different religions, tons of resources and espionage.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3813 on: July 13, 2013, 11:05:20 AM »
Replaying Red Dead Redemption right now.  Forgot about those wildcats that jump out of the brush and one shot your horse.   :sdeek:

can't wait for the sequel.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline FP TC etc.

• Katpak'r
  • USA! USA! USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3814 on: July 13, 2013, 08:09:23 PM »

Warfare is the entire game in AoE, it's only part of the game in Civ.  You start a civilization from the ground up and try to win by conquering the world, launching a space shuttle to another solar system, having a greatly superior culture or convincing other people to vote for you as the leader of the world.  You manage multiple cities across continents.  There are many different maps.  You can play on a replica of Earth, maps based on smaller regions like Europe or the Amazon and you can randomize maps for certain conditions (pangaea, ice age, little islands etc).  The game has different religions, tons of resources and espionage.

Neat. How long does the average game last?

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3815 on: July 13, 2013, 08:24:09 PM »
Just one more turn, then I'll go to bed.

Oh, it's already 7am.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3816 on: July 13, 2013, 11:18:42 PM »
What seven said.  You can somewhat modify the length (different settings like fast, standard, epic, marathon) but it's very hard to put it down once you start a game.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Video games master thread
« Reply #3817 on: July 14, 2013, 02:22:10 PM »
What seven said.  You can somewhat modify the length (different settings like fast, standard, epic, marathon) but it's very hard to put it down once you start a game.
sounds so cool, pc games rock!

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #3818 on: July 15, 2013, 12:40:34 AM »

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3819 on: July 15, 2013, 02:53:50 AM »

It's funny cause it's true!!!  :lol:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3820 on: July 15, 2013, 10:12:17 AM »
BRB guys, gotta go run a malware scan on my Xbox.

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3821 on: July 15, 2013, 11:47:42 AM »
While I'm waiting for my scheduled weekly virus scan to finish (it's never found anything harmful because I'm not a Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) but I do it just to be safe) I am also waiting for a few 75% off games I bought from the Steam sale to finish downloading.  Too bad those who only use consoles can't participate in these wonderful sales.

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Video games master thread
« Reply #3822 on: July 15, 2013, 12:00:29 PM »
While I'm waiting for my scheduled weekly virus scan to finish (it's never found anything harmful because I'm not a Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) but I do it just to be safe) I am also waiting for a few 75% off games I bought from the Steam sale to finish downloading.  Too bad those who only use consoles can't participate in these wonderful sales.
So PC gaming is for poors?  Thanks for clearing that up.

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3823 on: July 15, 2013, 12:12:39 PM »
I game on both :dunno:

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3824 on: July 15, 2013, 12:14:56 PM »
Console gaming will switch to Steam's version of buying games eventually.
- chunkles