Author Topic: Video games master thread  (Read 605097 times)

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Video games master thread
« Reply #6650 on: March 23, 2021, 01:38:16 PM »
Seeing other people play fortnite and build stuff while they fight is why I will not play it.  That terrifies me. 

If you don't build do you get your ass kicked or can you still be competitive?

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6651 on: March 23, 2021, 01:53:27 PM »
Seeing other people play fortnite and build stuff while they fight is why I will not play it.  That terrifies me. 

Roommate few years back was competitive fornite player made decent money. Meta is build first shoot second thanks to the pros

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6652 on: March 23, 2021, 06:35:16 PM »
fort nite players are losers that could not hack it at counterstrike. Pathetic.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6653 on: March 23, 2021, 07:34:49 PM »
Kk, have you been playing any civ6? They have put out a bunch of really great content the last year.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6654 on: March 23, 2021, 07:45:34 PM »

I get my ass kicked most of the time.  But at least I still have my dignity.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6655 on: March 23, 2021, 07:47:46 PM »

Is counterstrike like Call Of Duty?  Because I absolutely cannot hack it at Call Of Duty.  I tried a couple times and there is so much stuff on the screen and so many buttons.  It's impossible, it's absolutely impossible.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6656 on: March 23, 2021, 07:49:03 PM »

Is counterstrike like Call Of Duty?  Because I absolutely cannot hack it at Call Of Duty.  I tried a couple times and there is so much stuff on the screen and so many buttons.  It's impossible, it's absolutely impossible.

I suck at CoD too _33. My team usually gets mad at me.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6657 on: March 23, 2021, 08:22:43 PM »

Call of Duty is for people that are too dumb to play counterstrike.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6658 on: March 23, 2021, 09:18:05 PM »

Call of Duty is for people that are too dumb to play counterstrike.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6659 on: March 23, 2021, 10:52:47 PM »
Kk, have you been playing any civ6? They have put out a bunch of really great content the last year.
Go on... I haven’t played in a while
:adios:

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6660 on: March 23, 2021, 11:43:16 PM »
Video games are for losers who don't have spouses, children, or friends who want to hang out with them much.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6661 on: March 24, 2021, 03:20:28 AM »
No my MacBook is basically a stonks and roblox machine now.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #6662 on: March 24, 2021, 07:35:32 AM »

I still play Civ 5 all the time.  Civ 6 is so cartoonish, it really disappoints me.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #6663 on: March 24, 2021, 08:50:05 AM »
I play fallout shelter in my car for about 5 minutes every morning when I drop off my kids. If my people are really unhappy, I may get back to the house and sit in the car for a few more minutes just to make more power, food, and stuff to make them a little happier.  :gocho:

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6664 on: March 24, 2021, 09:17:37 AM »

There have been two expansions that changed the game pretty significantly prior to this last round of updates.

But over the past year they have had a "frontier pass" where they have a paid content update and a free update on alternating months. It's basically an expansion released over a full year which has been really fun. A handful of new civs with fun and unique play styles, a few new game modes that you can turn on or off. The game modes are stuff like one you can recruit heros like Hercules or king Arthur who are super strong and have special abilities. Hercules can insta build districts or insta-destruct enemy districts. Another mode gives the barbarians new mechanics including allowing them to eventually turn a barb camp into a city-state if you choose to help them.

The last paid update comes out today, it has Portugal as the new civ and a zombie game mode that kinda looks dumb tbh. The last free update is next month I believe, and will focus on balance changes for the old civs.

Overall, the game is so much different than when it came out.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6665 on: March 24, 2021, 10:38:45 AM »
Video games are for losers who don't have spouses, children, or friends who want to hang out with them much.

Yeah but what if your children are the only reason you play video games? DEBUNKED.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #6666 on: March 24, 2021, 11:15:26 AM »

Yeah but what if your children are the only reason you play video games? DEBUNKED.

I thought this would make me like playing video games but it didn't at all. I still hate it and when I do play with my kid and he dicks around with the settings and it takes 15 minutes to start playing the game, I get really  :curse: and then my wife yells at me.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6667 on: March 24, 2021, 12:42:23 PM »

I thought this would make me like playing video games but it didn't at all. I still hate it and when I do play with my kid and he dicks around with the settings and it takes 15 minutes to start playing the game, I get really  :curse: and then my wife yells at me.

YES. I tell my kids to set it up and let me know when it's time to start playing.  That way I miss all the stupid boring stuff they do beforehand and just arrive at game time.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6668 on: April 01, 2021, 11:41:33 AM »
@Spracne

I'm finally a NBA Jam'r wife got it for my birthday, I put it together last night. Holy hell I'm rusty. I'm going to have to look up the cheats online, like the big head. I never knew how to do that before.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6669 on: April 01, 2021, 11:45:56 AM »
@Spracne

I'm finally a NBA Jam'r wife got it for my birthday, I put it together last night. Holy hell I'm rusty. I'm going to have to look up the cheats online, like the big head. I never knew how to do that before.

haha. Welcome to the club. If you ever figure out the online thing, let me know and we can JAM. I wonder if those servers are even still operating.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6670 on: April 01, 2021, 11:49:47 AM »
@Spracne

haha. Welcome to the club. If you ever figure out the online thing, let me know and we can JAM. I wonder if those servers are even still operating.

I am online and my tag is the same as my twitter, MJ_from_Kansas

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6671 on: April 01, 2021, 11:52:06 AM »
@Spracne

It appears I will need to find a customer service number or something, because my stuff don't work.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6672 on: April 01, 2021, 11:57:35 AM »
@Spracne

It appears I will need to find a customer service number or something, because my stuff don't work.

Yeah, it was super easy, I just push that live button and it told me exactly what to do.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6673 on: April 12, 2021, 07:58:23 AM »
i got a ps5 and Fifa has my balls. i'm not even a soccer person.

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6674 on: April 28, 2021, 07:06:12 AM »
YOOOO just secured my ps5 via target drop, can’t wait to get angry at MLB the show this afternoon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023