Author Topic: Video games master thread  (Read 624030 times)

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Video games master thread
« Reply #4450 on: February 21, 2014, 06:43:55 PM »
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4452 on: March 10, 2014, 12:20:22 PM »
Bit the bullet and ordered an xbox one and titanfall bundle for $499.  Delivers tomorrow.  Kind of excited.  Haven't played an FPS in almost 3 years.  I'm gonna suck really hard but it'll be fun having an xbox again.  Anyone here gonna get it and play on Xbone? 
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4453 on: March 10, 2014, 12:37:41 PM »
Bit the bullet and ordered an xbox one and titanfall bundle for $499.  Delivers tomorrow.  Kind of excited.  Haven't played an FPS in almost 3 years.  I'm gonna suck really hard but it'll be fun having an xbox again.  Anyone here gonna get it and play on Xbone? 

This guy. The beta was great.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4454 on: March 10, 2014, 12:58:17 PM »
i'm picking it up tomorrow, the beta was elite.  i love the parkour/jet pack movement, reminds of strafe jumping back in quake days.

i pro tipped yesterday afternoon to target and bought the titanfall xbox one headphones, they're #nails and i'm a nerd so great.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4455 on: March 10, 2014, 01:10:02 PM »
i'm picking it up tomorrow, the beta was elite.  i love the parkour/jet pack movement, reminds of strafe jumping back in quake days.

i pro tipped yesterday afternoon to target and bought the titanfall xbox one headphones, they're #nails and i'm a nerd so great.

I bought the XO Fours this weekend too.  I'll have to wait for UPS to drop mine (AMAZON PRIMEd it) after work and do all the setups and downloads.  I probably won't play until Wednesday night.  My GT is Barfy Bad Gas
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4456 on: March 10, 2014, 02:07:14 PM »
ok I go by pclams (Microsoft made me change from pissclams)

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

The Big Train

« Reply #4457 on: March 11, 2014, 10:21:16 PM »

:lol: What was it like to play "Pong" when it came out  :lol:

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #4458 on: March 11, 2014, 11:12:20 PM »
Its nothing like strafe jumping, to be completely honest.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4459 on: March 12, 2014, 05:23:47 AM »
Surprisingly #notnails by clamsy there.  #gotservedbyhemmy  #droppedyournailsbud 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4460 on: March 12, 2014, 09:06:19 AM »
#TITANFAIL  XBL crashed from 4PM to around 10:30pm and is apparently still having issues.  "Nothing to do with Titanfall release" - Microsoft

My new XBone made a lovely addition to the room last night sitting there not able to do anything.  Way to go Microsoft. 

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4461 on: March 12, 2014, 09:20:45 AM »

yes it is.  by timing your jumps you can increase the speed and distance which you're moving.  not that you would know what strafe jumping even is, dumbass.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4462 on: March 12, 2014, 09:54:50 AM »

yes it is.  by timing your jumps you can increase the speed and distance which you're moving.  not that you would know what strafe jumping even is, dumbass.

#dundundun #notsofastmyfriend #therecanbeonlyonewhoisnails #highlanderrules
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4463 on: March 12, 2014, 10:24:11 AM »
#TITANFAIL  XBL crashed from 4PM to around 10:30pm and is apparently still having issues.  "Nothing to do with Titanfall release" - Microsoft

My new XBone made a lovely addition to the room last night sitting there not able to do anything.  Way to go Microsoft. 

Had no issues last night, fwiw.

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4464 on: March 12, 2014, 10:37:06 AM »

GFY

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4465 on: March 12, 2014, 11:25:02 AM »

me either i think they gave issues to the true puds of the board, hello microsoft thanks for reading the board guys say hello to bill and melinda gates for us go catsLMAO  #nailscrosoft

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4466 on: March 23, 2014, 12:07:08 AM »
has anyone played tiger woods '14?  i haven't played a golf game since i think tw '08 or '09, but was looking into it.  any thoughts?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Demo158

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4467 on: March 23, 2014, 08:52:14 PM »
Heard rumors that Titanfall will be released for 360, but I know it wont be near as good as XBone version. I've thought about buying an XBone for this game alone (and Destiny). Does anyone with the XBone Titanfall think it's worth it?

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4468 on: March 23, 2014, 09:08:55 PM »
Heard rumors that Titanfall will be released for 360, but I know it wont be near as good as XBone version. I've thought about buying an XBone for this game alone (and Destiny). Does anyone with the XBone Titanfall think it's worth it?

You can get the X1, with titanfall for $450. Stop acting like a poor and just buy it.

Offline Demo158

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4469 on: March 23, 2014, 09:23:18 PM »

You can get the X1, with titanfall for $450. Stop acting like a poor and just buy it.
Won't graduate until December, haven't reached that  :kstategrad: status yet. Still need to live like a baller on a budget until then. I imagine I will end up purchasing an XBone as a grad present for myself.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4470 on: March 23, 2014, 10:39:43 PM »

it's fun but I'm not sure how long it will last...I wouldn't but an XBox One just for titanfall

Offline Demo158

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4471 on: March 24, 2014, 12:58:12 AM »

it's fun but I'm not sure how long it will last...I wouldn't but an XBox One just for titanfall
Yeah one game is not enough to justify the purchase. I waited at least a year after it's release to purchase my first 360 (which gave microsoft time to work out the initial kinks and whatnot). I'll most likely do the same for the XBone. I've been an Xbox guy since the first one but I gotta admit the PS4 is making a strong case for itself this generation.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4472 on: March 24, 2014, 01:03:26 AM »

Won't graduate until December, haven't reached that  :kstategrad: status yet. Still need to live like a baller on a budget until then. I imagine I will end up purchasing an XBone as a grad present for myself.

get yourself something along the lines of what I got myself for undergrad. don't get a video system that will become irrelevant at some point. i think you'd get more enjoyment out of the alternative, anyway. :th_twocents:

Offline Demo158

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4473 on: March 24, 2014, 01:07:05 AM »

get yourself something along the lines of what I got myself for undergrad. don't get a video system that will become irrelevant at some point. i think you'd get more enjoyment out of the alternative, anyway. :th_twocents:
I do not remember what you got yourself for undergrad.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4474 on: March 24, 2014, 01:19:09 AM »

I do not remember what you got yourself for undergrad.

a firearm.