Author Topic: Video games master thread  (Read 639538 times)

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: Video games master thread
« Reply #3526 on: March 15, 2013, 10:36:48 AM »
I haven't had a lot of time to play sim city yet but the time's I have I've gotten super frustrated with keeping my roads straight and spaced correctly. It makes those lines to follow and I do that but then somehow they are all bent at the other end of my city. I'm very anal about my city having optimal grids and using space correctly so this pisses me off like you wouldn't believe   :curse:

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3527 on: March 15, 2013, 10:42:38 AM »
I haven't had a lot of time to play sim city yet but the time's I have I've gotten super frustrated with keeping my roads straight and spaced correctly. It makes those lines to follow and I do that but then somehow they are all bent at the other end of my city. I'm very anal about my city having optimal grids and using space correctly so this pisses me off like you wouldn't believe   :curse:

I've gotten better at this in the sandbox.  My first few cities were lolworthy.  My biggest issue is that I don't want a big industrial zone and I get impatient after the first few steps.  I figure you gotta wait a bit for your residential to build density.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3528 on: March 15, 2013, 10:45:52 AM »
what is your road strategy?

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3529 on: March 15, 2013, 10:46:56 AM »

I've gotten better at this in the sandbox.  My first few cities were lolworthy.  My biggest issue is that I don't want a big industrial zone and I get impatient after the first few steps.  I figure you gotta wait a bit for your residential to build density.

tip:  industrial is useless.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #3530 on: March 15, 2013, 11:31:46 AM »
Grids are useless. In fact, roads are useless. I love it when there is a fire, I have 8 fire trucks, and they all go to the same fire, and let other buildings just go up like a tinderbox.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3531 on: March 15, 2013, 11:33:07 AM »
Grids are useless. In fact, roads are useless. I love it when there is a fire, I have 8 fire trucks, and they all go to the same fire, and let other buildings just go up like a tinderbox.

or when there is a fire and traffic is so backed up that 8 buildings burn down before the trucks are a block away from the fire station.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #3532 on: March 15, 2013, 11:38:36 AM »

or when there is a fire and traffic is so backed up that 8 buildings burn down before the trucks are a block away from the fire station.
Supposedly they are fixing this.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/03/15/upcoming-simcity-patch-to-resolve-traffic-jams-features-returni/

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3533 on: March 15, 2013, 11:39:26 AM »
what is your road strategy?

Be super careful following their grids.  I usually do a pretty big road leading to the highway and then smaller off of that.  I plan on using the big road as the backbone to my future streetcar system.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3534 on: March 15, 2013, 12:56:37 PM »
I've been playing roller coaster tycoon (original) for the past couple days. What a classic!
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline SabiNation

• Katpak'r
  • USA Handball - Rio 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #3535 on: March 15, 2013, 01:00:26 PM »
I've been playing roller coaster tycoon (original) for the past couple days. What a classic!

I played it for a couple of days like 2 weeks ago.  Man it brought back some great mem's.  Love that game. 
"If i worked for the NY times, and my boss told me 'hey. if you keep ranking ksu so high, we may fire you' i would tell my boss to 'bring it on.'"  -FFF

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #3536 on: March 15, 2013, 01:41:32 PM »
EARTHQUAKE, crap

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3537 on: March 15, 2013, 01:43:03 PM »
I played halo the other day.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3538 on: March 15, 2013, 01:43:38 PM »
had a nuclear meltdown in my clamstown (poors area) because the employees were too dumb.

oops.

Offline TheCatFanSpeaks

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3539 on: March 15, 2013, 01:44:04 PM »
Still no mac version.   :frown:

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3540 on: March 15, 2013, 02:04:40 PM »
my laptop is older, and had troubles with simcity 4.  will this game even run on my machine?

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #3541 on: March 15, 2013, 05:55:09 PM »
steve dave I need water. badly. get some water pumps built and sell me some. I'll send you simoleons. tia.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3542 on: March 15, 2013, 06:23:14 PM »
steve dave I need water. badly. get some water pumps built and sell me some. I'll send you simoleons. tia.

get filtration on your sewage system, and then plop your water pumps right next door.  free infinite water.  (kinda cheat)

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3543 on: March 15, 2013, 06:46:46 PM »
I'm having a blast on RC Tycoon but someone let me know when these simcity servers are good. Thank you!
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3544 on: March 15, 2013, 08:51:02 PM »

I don't know how to do that part yet.  :frown: I kept getting messages like "saul's town wants to give you something or whatever" and I didn't know how to respond to it.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3545 on: March 15, 2013, 08:51:59 PM »
saul and I have a region called "titletown" (saul actually has it, invited me though)  :excited:

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #3546 on: March 15, 2013, 08:53:34 PM »

I don't know how to do that part yet.  :frown: I kept getting messages like "saul's town wants to give you something or whatever" and I didn't know how to respond to it.
Here's the deal.

I generate nearly 200mw of excess power because I have a badass Nuclear plant.

You have a few pud Wind generators that do nothing but waste money and space.

You also have an excellent ground water table. I have ground pollution and empty aquifers.

ECONOMICS!!

When you are in your power menu or w/e you can choose to buy power from me. I don't have to respond, excess will go to you for a price.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3547 on: March 15, 2013, 09:03:22 PM »

Here's the deal.

I generate nearly 200mw of excess power because I have a badass Nuclear plant.

You have a few pud Wind generators that do nothing but waste money and space.

You also have an excellent ground water table. I have ground pollution and empty aquifers.

ECONOMICS!!

When you are in your power menu or w/e you can choose to buy power from me. I don't have to respond, excess will go to you for a price.

man, will do this tomorrow.  :thumbs:

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #3548 on: March 15, 2013, 09:14:03 PM »
They make it really difficult to play the game with just one city. Nearly impossible. Have to trade, even if it is with yourself (you can have multiple cities within region)

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3549 on: March 15, 2013, 09:16:35 PM »
my laptop is older, and had troubles with simcity 4.  will this game even run on my machine?

It will probably run SC5 like crap, but SC4 runs poorly on a lot of computers that should be able to handle it perfectly.  It's an awesome game but poorly optimized.  There's a way to fix it by adding in something to fix the CPU count but I don't remember exactly, Google it.