Author Topic: Wow, how good is McGruder? Pretty damn good.  (Read 4065 times)

Offline 1albatross

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Wow, how good is McGruder? Pretty damn good.
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2012, 02:39:10 PM »
when you shoot it close to the line, you know where you are and are more consistent.  When you start moving out, you start guessing more and percentage goes way done.  Also, you're further away, so thats working against you and all.

No offense though albatross.  All things being equal, I would love to see him develop a half court shot

OK.  That's funny.  

I understand that he has a comfort zone and things obviously change when you start moving back.  

I am not saying to shoot the NBA 3 every time down.  Just develop a little bit deeper range so he can get a couple more shots off.  Jake shot the deeper 3 often, Will shoots it a little deeper too once in a while.  I know that they are different types of players, but Rod is too good of a player to not be able to move a couple feet every once in a while.  Would be great if he could just pop off a high screen and nail a couple from deep.

That being said, seeing him take the ball to the basket the way he has recently is a great addition to his game (i guess b/c he is healthy this year) and will only open up his shot right on the line more.  

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2012, 05:48:25 PM »
a friend of mine emailed a rant about Jamar saying he was a physical freak and thus should be dominant.  i had to remind him that he is an undersized 4 who (tuesday night) played against a front line of nba lottery picks.  those guys on Baylor are the definition of freaks:  the size and athleticism of Jones and Miller with the cherry that is Acy on top of that.  ha.  just dunk it on those guys Jamar.  it looks so easy.

eff you hating cockholes. 

sincerely,

mcmwcat

Good post.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2012, 06:07:21 PM »
love rod.  He's a short Rip Hamilton.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2012, 11:42:11 PM »
a friend of mine emailed a rant about Jamar saying he was a physical freak.

because of the way he runs?  that's pretty mean.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2012, 08:16:00 AM »
Here's how good McGruder was against Baylor.

Last year when Jake scored 38 against Kansas, he played 92.5% of the minutes, had a possession percentage of 37.6%, and had an Offensive Rating of 144.3. Possession percentage involves a formula for how many possessions a player was involved in that factors in FGAs, ORs, TOs, and FTAs. Offensive rating is points produced divided by possessions. In any case, we all know Jake had a fantastic game that night.

Against Baylor Rod scored 30, he played 90% of the minutes, had a possession percentage of 22.8%, and ended with and Offensive Rating of 170.8. He played a great game, makes it even more frustrating that his possesion percentage was lower, and that we struggled to get him the ball the last few minutes of the game.

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2012, 12:28:33 PM »
 :angry:

Just give him the ball.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2012, 06:55:42 PM »
“I do feel like this is my basketball team,” McGruder said. “Frank trusted me and gave me this leadership role, so I just have to become a stronger leader.”

:emawkid:

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2012, 07:03:39 PM »
“I do feel like this is my basketball team,” McGruder said. “Frank trusted me and gave me this leadership role, so I just have to become a stronger leader.”

:emawkid:

:love:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2012, 10:41:41 AM »
Ever since that Texas game.  :love:

Ever since PR against BU

Offline BackPayne

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2012, 01:56:16 PM »
3 for 13...not cool!