Author Topic: Hey arkansas fans  (Read 1780 times)

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Hey arkansas fans
« on: January 04, 2012, 06:01:01 PM »
i know we've done this silly dilly "joking" thing with you guys....perhaps by some EMAW's that are scared to play such a highly ranked team...but make no mistake about it.

We are intense about this game. We want to win.At least I do.

-fatty fat fat

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Hey arkansas fans
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 06:09:16 PM »
i also want to say i am very looking forward to the game. I'm glad a legit KSU team is playing a legit team in a bowl game finally. if you look at our history, we've had tons of top ten teams get stuck w/sh*tty bowl oppoentns.

It's too bad it's not a BCS bowl. The coverage BCS bowls get is just ABSURD.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 06:16:22 PM »
This one's for you Levi

Offline Ham Malone

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 06:56:58 PM »
This game doesn't have the BCS designation on it, but nationally a lot more people are interested in seeing the Cotton Bowl than last night's shitfest in the Sugar Bowl and tonight's snoozer in the Orange Bowl.  Wouldn't be surprised if our game gets higher ratings than both those lower tier BCS bowls.

Hogs win by 2 TD's, by the way. 

Offline SuperG

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2012, 07:56:26 PM »
This game doesn't have the BCS designation on it, but nationally a lot more people are interested in seeing the Cotton Bowl than last night's shitfest in the Sugar Bowl and tonight's snoozer in the Orange Bowl.  Wouldn't be surprised if our game gets higher ratings than both those lower tier BCS bowls.

There's a chance you will lead by 2 td's during multiple points in the game. Extremely unlikely you beat us by that margin.

Cats by 3.

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2012, 10:38:07 PM »

we'll spot you 14 and win by 7.

cats 45 - 38
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline pondwater jack

• Boss. Highest Level.
  • Sons of the Soil
  • Combo-Fan
  • I come in piece
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2012, 11:01:15 PM »
This is the 3rd best bowl game on tap.  One media member here (Hall or Mike Irwin) said this is the best bowl as far as how you get treated (gifts hospitality, easy to work with).  He said tonight it isn't even close as far as how they (cottton bowl) treat their guests (media and teams)  Gave em Ipad2's this year. 

JHB
"We'll Get 'Em Next Year!"  (Kansas State Battle Cry- strikes fear of "Next Year" into the hearts of EVERY Memeber of the Big 12)

Offline 4windshawg

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
  • Keeper of THE Hog Call... Woooo Pig Sooie..!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2012, 03:23:40 AM »

cats 45 - 38

Judging by how both teams like to come from behind I thought they would have moved this game to Frisco. It's going to be a great game regardless. I know our boys are ready too...
I love my daddy

Offline SRV

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2012, 09:03:51 AM »

Really?  I'm thinking 3 to 6 points.  We traditionally play poorly in bowls, even in Petrino's short tenure [Eastern Carolina :rolleyes:].  Since 1985 we have won 4 times while losing 13.  Probably the last "quality" win we had was well over a decade ago against Texas. 

KSU is the kind of team that could give us fits.  Power running was pivotal in both our losses against LSU and Alabama.  Teams that have that ability to come stright at us cause problems.  I don't see our defense dominating their offense.  As far as the KSU defense, they may not be Alabama or LSU, but they are used to seeing quality offenses all year long in their conference.  We won't show them anything special.

I hope we beat the dog out of them, but I'll settle for a close win and the new beginning of a winning bowl tradition.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2012, 11:17:46 AM »

cats 45 - 38

Reminds me of the basketball scene in 3 ninjas where they play to 10 but the ninjas spot the other team 9 and win on a slam dunk.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2012, 11:22:11 AM »

cats 45 - 38

Reminds me of the basketball scene in 3 ninjas where they play to 10 but the ninjas spot the other team 9 and win on a slam dunk.

+1