Poll

What is the most elite program in college basketball?

Duke (K :love:)
44 (44.9%)
Kentucky (Cal :love:)
28 (28.6%)
North Carolina (Roy :love:)
18 (18.4%)
Michigan State (Izzo :love:)
2 (2%)
Ohio State
2 (2%)
Connecticut
4 (4.1%)

Total Members Voted: 98

Author Topic: The most elite college basketball program  (Read 8677 times)

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Re: The most elite college basketball program
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2012, 03:33:12 PM »
remove Ohio St and put KU in there. 

Squawk outed
:adios:

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2012, 03:34:34 PM »
Indiana is also going to be back on that list shortly. 

Offline skycat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2012, 03:51:40 PM »
Indiana is also going to be back on that list shortly. 

Several of the teams mentioned ITT could soon be considered elite if they keep it up. It will come down to things like back-to-back-to-back-to-back Sweet Sixteens or better, consistently winning NCAA games they're supposed to win, consistent success in landing elite recruits, financial health of the athletic dept., etc.

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2012, 08:06:23 AM »
Making the switch?
Here’s some advice from Terry Dahl for any other Wildcats looking to join Jayhawk Nation:

Be open and up-front about it. Dahl sent an email to family and friends, and he encourages others not to be shy coming out of the purple closet. “It feels better when you get it off your chest,” he says.
Fair-weather fandom? Forget it. “I’m totally against that type of behavior. You have to be on board: All KU, or all K-State. One way or the other. It’s weak, in my own mind, to root for KU in basketball and K-State in football.”
Shed the purple fashion — the T-shirts, the ’Cat paws and everything else. “I got rid of it. There isn’t anything purple in my house. If somebody’s truly a KU fan or a K-State fan, you shouldn’t have clothing from the other school.”

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2012/jan/03/wildcat-sees-light-renounces-all-things-purple-sta/

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2012, 08:09:33 AM »
Making the switch?
Here’s some advice from Terry Dahl for any other Wildcats looking to join Jayhawk Nation:

Be open and up-front about it. Dahl sent an email to family and friends, and he encourages others not to be shy coming out of the purple closet. “It feels better when you get it off your chest,” he says.
Fair-weather fandom? Forget it. “I’m totally against that type of behavior. You have to be on board: All KU, or all K-State. One way or the other. It’s weak, in my own mind, to root for KU in basketball and K-State in football.”
Shed the purple fashion — the T-shirts, the ’Cat paws and everything else. “I got rid of it. There isn’t anything purple in my house. If somebody’s truly a KU fan or a K-State fan, you shouldn’t have clothing from the other school.”

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2012/jan/03/wildcat-sees-light-renounces-all-things-purple-sta/

there are no words...
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2012, 08:43:48 AM »
Addition by subtraction.

Offline skycat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2012, 02:14:57 PM »
Making the switch?

Aside from how self-evidently stupid this is, there is also the fact that KU is in decline and K-State is on the rise, in all areas. Converts are always the most zealous believers, so I guess it will be a while before the cognitive dissonance sets in.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2012, 02:22:38 PM »
what about uconn women? are they a worthy candidate. ill listen off the air

Offline skycat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2012, 02:53:11 PM »

I think it's understood that this is a men's bball poll. Obviously they're one of the bluest of the bluebloods for women's bball.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2012, 02:56:48 PM »

I think it's understood that this is a men's bball poll. Obviously they're one of the bluest of the bluebloods for women's bball.

good point. i just always see them on all the lists with the espying and award shows and what not.

Offline KSU-Krazie

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2012, 03:02:53 PM »
Making the switch?

This is an example of how not to TSC.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2012, 03:18:36 PM »
the T-shirts, the ’Cat paws and everything else. “I got rid of it.

:dunno:

Offline EMAW4life-JHL

• Combo-Fan
  • Morgan Freeman's childhood friend/worst poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2012, 04:12:35 PM »
Making the switch?

this guy is a complete needle dick.
Go Home Dad you're drunk

Offline skycat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2012, 02:17:55 PM »
Man, can you imagine being Louisville or NC State? Knowing your rivals are national powerhouses UK and UNC (respectively)? That would be something.

Our rival probably looks at us with similar levels of fear and awe. They can't seem to beat us, either here or in Austin.

Anyway, looks like the voters have chosen Duke as the most elite college basketball program. Congrats Duke, bluest of the bluebloods.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2012, 02:30:57 PM »
Making the switch?

Pretty standard looking ku fan.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2012, 02:32:46 PM »
Making the switch?

:love:

Offline bakerman

• Big Salt Spokesperson
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2012, 03:04:52 PM »

:love:

that top row is a whole lot of whoof beems. weird pic

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2012, 03:07:29 PM »
Remind me again, when did Jason Sudeikis graduate from KU?
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline bakerman

• Big Salt Spokesperson
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2012, 03:09:44 PM »

also, why do they make their "celebrity" fans sit around such ugly people?

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2012, 03:22:23 PM »
not gonna lie, i'm pretty jealous of beems and ku for having that chick attend a game.

Offline skycat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2012, 03:26:40 PM »

Earned a basketball scholarship to Fort Scott Community College but was kicked off the team because of poor grades.

:lol:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2012, 03:32:08 PM »
Who cares if Jason Sutherland went to a ku game over Christmas break?  big deal

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2012, 03:56:00 PM »
not gonna lie, i'm pretty jealous of beems and ku for having that chick attend a game.

she is super good looking.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 05, 2012, 04:14:13 PM »

she is super good looking.

I tweeted at her about my disappointment. I kinda like Olivia Wilde a lot.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 05, 2012, 05:14:10 PM »
Making the switch?

http://ksugrad4ku.blogspot.com/