Author Topic: Paul courts the morons for Iowa win  (Read 11375 times)

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Paul courts the morons for Iowa win
« on: December 31, 2011, 02:37:35 PM »
"Republican" Ron Paul is so desperate for a win in Iowa that he's inviting Dems to switch parties "for a day" to vote for him in the caucuses. Sad, but not really a surprise. Paul is, by far, the candidate most likely to appeal to the morons, given his anything-goes stance on social issues and head-in-the-sand foreign policy. I doubt they'll like his views on the size of government, though.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Paul courts the morons for Iowa win
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2011, 02:39:43 PM »
Hope he wins

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2011, 02:41:04 PM »

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2011, 03:23:09 PM »
A Paul victory is irrelevant politically, unless it encourages him to run as a third party candidate. This is why liberals who will ultimately vote for Obama are egging him on. A Paul victory would also further marginalize the Iowa Caucuses.

As long as Romney beats all the Republican candidates, it's smooth sailing for the nomination. The Des Moines Register's final poll, which has been pretty accurate in years past, will be released at 7 tonight, and maybe leaked a bit earlier.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2011, 04:04:05 PM »
I hope he loses.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2012, 09:25:50 AM »
Romney 24, Paul 22, Santorum 15 in final DMR poll. If Romney beats the next closest Republican by 10 points, its a de facto win regardless of how Paul does.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2012, 02:31:02 PM »
 :lol:

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2012, 06:07:21 PM »
Love how just mentioning Paul sends repubs and demos over the edge.

HOW DARE A MAN HAVE LIBERAL AND CONSERVATIVE VIEW POINTS, HE MUST SUBSCRIBE TO ONLY ONE SIDE AND ALL HIS VIEWS MUST FALL IN LINE WITH THE REST OF THE PARTY'S

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2012, 09:34:54 PM »

HOW DARE A MAN HAVE LIBERAL AND CONSERVATIVE VIEW POINTS, HE MUST SUBSCRIBE TO ONLY ONE SIDE AND ALL HIS VIEWS MUST FALL IN LINE WITH THE REST OF THE PARTY'S

Paul is an interesting case because he's an extremist in all of his views, liberal and conservative. I like him, and hope he does well, but it's easy to see why a lot of people don't like him.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2012, 10:11:59 PM »

Generally speaking, the only thing about Paul that sends the GOP "over the edge" is the prospect of a 3rd party campaign. Personally, I'm not angry at Paul or his supporters - I just think they're f'ing Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!). The Gold Standard? False equivalencies between Iran and Israel with respect to nuclear arms? The man is a kook. His supporters are kooks.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2012, 02:14:38 AM »

Generally speaking, the only thing about Paul that sends the GOP "over the edge" is the prospect of a 3rd party campaign. Personally, I'm not angry at Paul or his supporters - I just think they're f'ing Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!). The Gold Standard? False equivalencies between Iran and Israel with respect to nuclear arms? The man is a kook. His supporters are kooks.

Yes! Name-calling.   :jerk:  Paul doesn't want to go back to the Gold Standard.  Iran hasn't invaded another country in over 60 years. Isn't Israel a sovereign nation?  I think  they can take care of themselves. 

Netinyahu agrees with me btw.

:ck:
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline wildfratcountry

• Fan
  • meow
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2012, 10:06:51 AM »

Generally speaking, you sound just like everyone else that doesn't support Paul. You are undereducated on his views. He's a really smart dude and he knows what's up. The Gold Standard is obviously a thing of the past, but unlike literally everyone else- he understands how important it is to keep wealth in something that's actually valuable. Look at the success of his own stock portfolio for instance. As for Israel- If you continue to live in your parent's basement forever, you won't even know how to make your own stinking peanut butter and jelly sandwiches when they go out of town for their anniversary and you will probably starve and die. While I agree that he may be mistaken on the advances of Iran's nuclear technologies, he is right in saying that there is no imminent threat. His ideas may not be mainstream, but America needs something new, kids. And I resent being called a kook... rude.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2012, 01:07:31 PM »
Wow. I really sent the Paul-tards over the edge. Kook.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2012, 08:47:02 PM »
I think Santorum will win now.  :blindfold:

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2012, 11:07:34 PM »
Sounds like Perry will drop out (I'm a bit surprised by this), as will Bachman. So now it's down to Romney or Santorum/Gingrich. That's good news for Romney, unless all the non-Romney conservatives quickly pick between Santorum and Gingrich. Even then, Paul will still be siphoning votes away from them, which again helps Romney.

By the way, it could take another hour or so for these final precincts to trickle in, but it's looking like Romney will eke this out (not that it really matters).
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 11:10:13 PM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2012, 02:55:16 AM »
Santorum and Gingrich will both flame out soon. Santorum is too bible beating nutty and Gingrich is your stereotypical fat, white GOP elitist that everyone is scared of nowadays. It will be Romney vs Paul down the stretch and it'll be interesting to see if people can see how bland and vanilla Romney is. Paul has a shot, don't let the robots fool you. He's the only real shot at beating Obama. The other 3 lose comfortably to him.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2012, 03:20:59 AM »
Maybe you're right, maybe Ron Paul is a kook....

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2012, 09:07:24 AM »
Paul has a shot, don't let the robots fool you. He's the only real shot at beating Obama. The other 3 lose comfortably to him.

I don't know about robots, but the polls seem to disagree with you. The only reason Paul is currently even within single digits of Obama is that most Americans haven't yet seen the videos of him blaming America for 9/11.

Like Jim Jones, Paul has a small, fervent base, but no broader appeal. But keep on drinking that kooky kool-aid, Paul-tard.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2012, 09:49:38 AM »

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2012, 11:05:14 AM »
I have to assume there are about 2 people total who vote based on pro/anti NAFTA position of the candidate.

Online john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2012, 01:51:24 PM »

Things like this always crack me up. You can always tell the political persuasion of the author.

Anti-immigration should be pro-legal immigration or pro-border security.

The Patriot act was renewed and strengthened by Obama.

Nobody is pro-war. That's just stupid.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2012, 06:41:47 PM »

Calling someone pro-war is the same thing as calling an anti-abortion person pro-murder.  It's funny
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2012, 11:51:41 AM »
You know, Sarah Palin actually made a pretty good point the other night. Ron Paul may be crazy, but once his pointless, quixotic campaign comes to end, the GOP still needs his idiotic supporters to hold their noses and vote for Romney. It's important that we not alienate these folks. So, I would like to personally apologize if I have offended any Paul-tards on this board. Let's just agree to disagree on whether America is to blame for 9/11, Iran should have nuclear weapons, heroine should be legal, and our legal tender should be gold and silver coins. I think we can all agree that Obama's got to go, am I right?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2012, 06:22:16 PM »
gary johnson is more coherent and less Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) than paul.  paulites should support him and have a chance to make a wave or two in the general election.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."