Author Topic: Nebrasketball  (Read 11146 times)

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Nebrasketball
« Reply #75 on: December 19, 2021, 07:25:29 PM »
A truly cappy P5 team that had already lost three times at home and is prolly only better than Mizzou P5 wise. I understand wanting to stay engaged with the team, but this "I'll take it" attitude ignores the continued clueless offensive play that racked up turnover after turnover and a gameful of stupid things like Nowell fouling with 21 seconds left. Pitiful and seemingly uncoached.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 19, 2021, 07:27:23 PM »
contributing to fred hoiberg’s downfall was the best thing about this game

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #77 on: December 19, 2021, 07:28:07 PM »
Hey I can melt down about oscar with the best of them, but a win is a win.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 19, 2021, 07:37:22 PM »
our team isn’t bad

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 19, 2021, 07:37:42 PM »
going 2-1 over the stretch, with 2 games on the road, and 2 games without nijel, is a huge win in my opinion

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 19, 2021, 07:37:57 PM »

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 19, 2021, 07:40:39 PM »
Yep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 19, 2021, 07:45:08 PM »
This was very much a win your clunkers type of situation.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 19, 2021, 09:33:53 PM »
just realized the whiners will complain about close losses and be like "WINS A WIN" and "NO MORAL VICTORIES", but then we win and then they find things to cry about and turn wins into a moral loss.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 19, 2021, 10:11:11 PM »
just realized the whiners will complain about close losses and be like "WINS A WIN" and "NO MORAL VICTORIES", but then we win and then they find things to cry about and turn wins into a moral loss.

Dude KSO is a bunch of morons

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 19, 2021, 10:12:23 PM »

I'm definitely not who you're talking about but I'm not sure an ugly win against what might be the worst team in a power conference is one to get chesty about. This feel like one that you win and keep it moving. If the team is as good as you think it is there should be plenty of chances to mush the haters.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 19, 2021, 10:46:29 PM »
Always good to beat Cornhole, but there's nothing worse then those that can't seem to put it in perspective.   Cornhole is terrible, and K-State should always expect to kick the dog poop out of a team like Cornhole 9.9/10 times.

Beating Cornhole is like using the first 12 bullets points of your resume to explain that you performed or are currently performing the basic fundamentals of your job.   Expanding on the fact that you have a heartbeat and are in fact a living breathing human being.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 19, 2021, 10:57:32 PM »
Dude KSO is a bunch of morons

the guys that run it seem like nice people and do well but trying it out this month their forum is  :Yuck:

I'm definitely not who you're talking about but I'm not sure an ugly win against what might be the worst team in a power conference is one to get chesty about. This feel like one that you win and keep it moving. If the team is as good as you think it is there should be plenty of chances to mush the haters.

it's not a bad win. based on line it's similar to beating marquette at home. just more pointing out hypocrisy. i have next year circled as a prime hater-mushing year.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2021, 11:00:54 PM by stunted »

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 20, 2021, 12:10:02 AM »
I think for the most part people want oscar gone and I definitely have my moments when I want the same, but I love his assistants and they'd get fired with him, and I'm not going to get to the point where I dislike oscar's style of play so much that I can't enjoy wins, especially against rough ridin' Nebraska.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 20, 2021, 12:51:55 AM »
winning cures everything. we have a really high chance to have ranked teams in the next 2 years, be dumb to risk that. plus oscar is getting up there in age, not like we'll be stuck with him for another 5-10 years.

i think going forward things will go better. bradford should be 100% by big 12 and he's starting to look good again. and we're not going to shoot terribly against every decent team. against the 5 non-scrubs, we shot 14%, 29%, 24%, 24%, and 23% from 3. blistering 23% as a rough average. somehow the average is 35% for the season.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: December 20, 2021, 02:48:38 AM »
winning cures everything. we have a really high chance to have ranked teams in the next 2 years, be dumb to risk that. plus oscar is getting up there in age, not like we'll be stuck with him for another 5-10 years.

i think going forward things will go better. bradford should be 100% by big 12 and he's starting to look good again. and we're not going to shoot terribly against every decent team. against the 5 non-scrubs, we shot 14%, 29%, 24%, 24%, and 23% from 3. blistering 23% as a rough average. somehow the average is 35% for the season.

Our Cats need to embrace the spotlight.

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 20, 2021, 08:32:40 AM »
I don't think it's anything to get too excited about but we got to beat both Nebrasketball and Hoiberg so that's always fun.  I see it as beating a team that is about as bad as we were last year.  On one hand, it's a terrible team that we should beat but on the other, we've improved some year over year.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 20, 2021, 09:45:39 AM »
Win the next two cream puffs, win 8 conference games, go on the road and beat ole miss in the Big 12 / SEC challenge and  i think we get a bid to the NCAA’s.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline WildcatNation

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 20, 2021, 12:56:41 PM »
Win the next two cream puffs, win 8 conference games, go on the road and beat ole miss in the Big 12 / SEC challenge and  i think we get a bid to the NCAA’s.

With how strong the Big 12 is this year by nearly every metric, it’s not going to take 8 conference wins. 6 or 7 and the Ole Miss game would do it I would think.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 20, 2021, 01:05:22 PM »
I don't think we get in with less than 8 conference wins.  There isn't any meat on our non-con at this point.  We would need multiple B12 wins against Baylor/KU/ISU?!! for 6 or 7 to do it.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 20, 2021, 01:27:40 PM »
I don't think it's anything to get too excited about but we got to beat both Nebrasketball and Hoiberg so that's always fun.  I see it as beating a team that is about as bad as we were last year.  On one hand, it's a terrible team that we should beat but on the other, we've improved some year over year.

Also got to beat WuShock in Wichita. The final 5 minutes or so made it even sweeter.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 20, 2021, 07:47:04 PM »

a

Wait, you're counting Nubb as a "decent team"? On the subject of fact checking, Cats are actueally shooting 33.2 percent from 3 or 753 for 226. If you take
 Pack's 21 for 49 out of that, team is 30.5 from 3. We're a bad 3-pt shooting team with one good shooter.

My post-game disappointment was consistent with my pre-game comment: I hoped o see improvement and swagger against an obviously overmatched team. Instead we got a 19 turnover, take any 3-point shot shitshow. Outside of Bradford's second half flashes there were no signs of improvement.  At this time of year if a team isn't improving, it's losing ground. I actually think this team has the talent to be dangerous, but I can't see it happening with continued undisciplined and incoherent offense. There is no The Flush on this team to enforce what Oscar can't. That will be a problem the next two years, too, meaning the team will continue to underperform.

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 20, 2021, 08:06:24 PM »
Our resume is not good right now. Wichita State is barely a quadrant 1 win and they probably won't stay there. Ole Miss, if we were to win it, won't be a quadrant one win either. These next two games are going to pull our NET/kenpom down even further. We do not have the non con profile to go 7-11 in conference and get it. We'll need a minimum of 8 conference wins and more than one against Baylor, Kansas, and Texas.

Last year Michigan State was the only at large in the field with a losing conference record and they were 9-11 but they beat Duke in the non con.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 20, 2021, 08:25:18 PM »
In other words, oscar is finished at KSU.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 20, 2021, 08:39:56 PM »

a

Wait, you're counting Nubb as a "decent team"? On the subject of fact checking, Cats are actueally shooting 33.2 percent from 3 or 753 for 226. If you take
 Pack's 21 for 49 out of that, team is 30.5 from 3. We're a bad 3-pt shooting team with one good shooter.

My post-game disappointment was consistent with my pre-game comment: I hoped o see improvement and swagger against an obviously overmatched team. Instead we got a 19 turnover, take any 3-point shot shitshow. Outside of Bradford's second half flashes there were no signs of improvement.  At this time of year if a team isn't improving, it's losing ground. I actually think this team has the talent to be dangerous, but I can't see it happening with continued undisciplined and incoherent offense. There is no The Flush on this team to enforce what Oscar can't. That will be a problem the next two years, too, meaning the team will continue to underperform.

Decent as in not complete scrubs.

If you take out our worst shooter we’re back up to 35%. What does that prove? Not much.

Before this season I’d be happy with being on the bubble. That’s a big improvement over last year. We’ll be close. We won’t shoot 23% from 3 in conference that’s for sure so that will help.