Author Topic: Discussion of Lunch with pissclams  (Read 2966 times)

Discussion of Lunch with pissclams
« on: March 05, 2010, 11:12:32 AM »
At first, I was excited for a lunch time with pissclams discussion.  The first day of lunch time left me wanting more.  The discussion was excellent from all contributing individuals, however, I did not agree with his choice of delicatessen for the first day of a lunch thread, nor do I appreciate the large images that are posted on my screen of a sub par lunch decision.  I feel that a more appropriate lunch decision for a first day of a series of lunch time discussion should have been either an upscale eatery that leads to mouth watering images, and engaging conversation amongst EMAW enthusiasts, or a small dive/ diner that not many people may know about in the greater KC area.  This would promote small the small business in a struggling economic time, and put an idea in the readers head for a future trip to the area.  

Images and discussion aside, clams left out important details about the cuisine that most people would enjoy knowing about an establishment.  I expect details about how savory the food is, or what kind of atmosphere the restaurant has, and especially how friendly of wait staff they hire. The normal response of “Their food is delicious.” does not do encourage me to dine at any particular location.

All together, I think that clams should have and definitely can do better with his posts during lunch time?

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 11:45:11 AM by LinuxCAT »

The42Yardstick

Re: Discussion of Lunch with Piss_Clams
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 11:24:54 AM »
Who is Piss Clams?

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 11:33:54 AM »
I'm glad topic got it's own thread.  I've been on record as saying that the pissclams lunch thread is horseshit for quite a while now.  Yeah, maybe the first day was okay, but it's been downhill ever since.  Wednesday, the report consisted of an image of a receipt from Costco food court!  Is that a joke?  Seriously.  Then either there was nothing yesterday or I missed it because it sucked to bad.  Each of those options is definitely a joke.  BUT I'M NOT LAUGHING!  If he's not drinking margaritas on the beach today, I'm going to go ahead and declare that thread DOA on Monday before he posts about his Monday lunch.  See current EKG (?) of PC lunch thread below.  Almost Flatlining.

__________________^___________________________^__________________

Offline Johnny Wichita

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2010, 11:36:25 AM »
 :popcorn:

Offline Johnny Wichita

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2010, 11:38:31 AM »
Looks like Linux and Chum just declared jihad on s'clams lunch thread. 

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2010, 11:39:58 AM »
Who is Piss Clams?

He is some ignorant individual who thinks people care about what second rate place he dines at and gives his crappy opinion on.

The42Yardstick

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2010, 11:41:02 AM »
Who is Piss Clams?

He is some ignorant individual who thinks people care about what second rate place he dines at and gives his crappy opinion on.

Oh ok. So he's the pissclams impersonator eh? What an ass :angry:

Re: Discussion of Lunch with pissclams
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2010, 12:02:43 PM »
Ok so i miss spelled his name, and now it's modified. It doesn't change the fact that the Lunchtime thread is awful. It wouldn't be bad if there were any actual thought that went into the discussion or the critique of the meal.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2010, 12:32:07 PM »
here's the problem and the reason as to why I, yes I, allowed the Lunchtime with s'clams thread die.  - i don't have the time to spend documenting what i eat for lunch on a daily basis, providing in depth analysis of KC's great lunch spots only to have a bunch of downgrades opine on issues irrelevant to the discussion at hand.  i was providing you dumbasses a service.  are there people out there who want to know where i eat every rough ridin' day? yes, there is.  i get back from lunch everyday and my inbox is full of people wanting to know where i ate, what i had, and other ancillary information specific to my meal.   well guess what folks.  i'm still keeping my lunchtime journal, only now i'm keeping it secret. 

so there you have it guys, you piss in your bed and now you get to sleep in it.  well done and kudos to you rough ridin' losers.

:flush:

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2010, 12:46:14 PM »
clams, I liked your updates, even the costco receipt.

Let's have lunch when I'm in town for the Big 12 tourney next week.  :cheers:

Offline Ghost of Stan Parrish

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2010, 12:50:25 PM »
Yeah, I wasn't sure if the opinion on churrascarias was supposed to pass for Thursday's update.  Didn't even check today.  Overall, I'd rate that thread a major disappointment.
"I'm thankful our MHK forefathers had the foresight to lynch white dudes so that we might be able to throw up the mob with a clear conscience."

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2010, 12:52:06 PM »
clams, I liked your updates, even the costco receipt.

Let's have lunch when I'm in town for the Big 12 tourney next week.  :cheers:
thanks man, feedback (only positive) is always a good thing. 

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2010, 01:33:03 PM »
when I'm in town for the Big 12 tourney next week.  :cheers:

Wait, wut? 

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2010, 01:34:13 PM »

Wait, wut? 

have to win Thurs.  Then I'm there.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2010, 01:35:10 PM »
here's the problem and the reason as to why I, yes I, allowed the Lunchtime with s'clams thread die.  - i don't have the time to spend documenting what i eat for lunch on a daily basis, providing in depth analysis of KC's great lunch spots only to have a bunch of downgrades opine on issues irrelevant to the discussion at hand.  i was providing you dumbasses a service.  are there people out there who want to know where i eat every rough ridin' day? yes, there is.  i get back from lunch everyday and my inbox is full of people wanting to know where i ate, what i had, and other ancillary information specific to my meal.   well guess what folks.  i'm still keeping my lunchtime journal, only now i'm keeping it secret. 

so there you have it guys, you piss in your bed and now you get to sleep in it.  well done and kudos to you rough ridin' losers.

clams- i really enjoyed the thread. maybe my favorite thread ever from this young still maturing bbs. any chance that you would consider making it premium?

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2010, 02:39:42 PM »
i'll reconsider and possibly relaunch a new lunch thread next week if i feel that you losers deserve it.  and no, for now i won't put the thread on our premium board- so don't ask.  we have enough topics on it that we don't need more.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2010, 03:42:23 PM »
Wow.  Great job of poster intimidation, LinuxCat.  Can you do Bookcat next?

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2010, 03:47:48 PM »
i'll reconsider and possibly relaunch a new lunch thread next week if i feel that you losers deserve it.  and no, for now i won't put the thread on our premium board- so don't ask.  we have enough topics on it that we don't need more.

good point. also, a belated but much deserved props to brian kavanaugh for his breakdown on this years recruiting class.  :cheers:

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2010, 04:31:13 PM »

Wait, wut? 

have to win Thurs.  Then I'm there.

Check your PM

« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2010, 05:15:14 PM »
Wow.  Great job of poster intimidation, LinuxCat.  Can you do Bookcat next?

It's not my fault that the lunch thread lacks anything pertaining to an opinion regarding lunch.

« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2010, 05:21:03 PM »
here's the problem and the reason as to why I, yes I, allowed the Lunchtime with s'clams thread die.  - i don't have the time to spend documenting what i eat for lunch on a daily basis, providing in depth analysis of KC's great lunch spots only to have a bunch of downgrades opine on issues irrelevant to the discussion at hand.  i was providing you dumbasses a service.  are there people out there who want to know where i eat every fracking day? yes, there is.  i get back from lunch everyday and my inbox is full of people wanting to know where i ate, what i had, and other ancillary information specific to my meal.   well guess what folks.  i'm still keeping my lunchtime journal, only now i'm keeping it secret. 

so there you have it guys, you piss in your bed and now you get to sleep in it.  well done and kudos to you fracking losers.

So basically what you're saying is that you let it die because you didn't and don't have the time to properly have a thread regarding lunch with pissclams, but yet you will still continue to journal your thoughts, and keep it secretive so us losers can't read it.  I think this is awesome.  First of all you are completely contradicting yourself. Read over it a few times because i'm gathering that you're a little slower than most.  I'm so happy that people email you and ask what you had for lunch. Wow, you're circle of friends must have riveting conversations. As for your so called service that you say you provide to us.  I'm not sure you provide any such service.  Taking a picture with your phone and posting it to the interwebs is not a service to me or anyone that i would associate myself with.  Now if you were to provide a critique of the food, service, and overall enjoyment of the establishment, then we would be having a completely different conversation.

Lunchtime thread ----> :flush:

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2010, 05:28:09 PM »
Whoa.  Easy there, LC.  You don't want to PI him of the internet entirely like TP did last summer.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2010, 05:36:12 PM »
here's the problem and the reason as to why I, yes I, allowed the Lunchtime with s'clams thread die.  - i don't have the time to spend documenting what i eat for lunch on a daily basis, providing in depth analysis of KC's great lunch spots only to have a bunch of downgrades opine on issues irrelevant to the discussion at hand.  i was providing you dumbasses a service.  are there people out there who want to know where i eat every fracking day? yes, there is.  i get back from lunch everyday and my inbox is full of people wanting to know where i ate, what i had, and other ancillary information specific to my meal.   well guess what folks.  i'm still keeping my lunchtime journal, only now i'm keeping it secret. 

so there you have it guys, you piss in your bed and now you get to sleep in it.  well done and kudos to you fracking losers.

So basically what you're saying is that you let it die because you didn't and don't have the time to properly have a thread regarding lunch with pissclams, but yet you will still continue to journal your thoughts, and keep it secretive so us losers can't read it.  I think this is awesome.  First of all you are completely contradicting yourself. Read over it a few times because i'm gathering that you're a little slower than most.  I'm so happy that people email you and ask what you had for lunch. Wow, you're circle of friends must have riveting conversations. As for your so called service that you say you provide to us.  I'm not sure you provide any such service.  Taking a picture with your phone and posting it to the interwebs is not a service to me or anyone that i would associate myself with.  Now if you were to provide a critique of the food, service, and overall enjoyment of the establishment, then we would be having a completely different conversation.

Lunchtime thread ----> :flush:

you type lots of words. try and cut it in half. consider it a challenge.

« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2010, 09:06:07 AM »
Lunchtime with 'sclams sniffs more ass than an infinite amount of dogs at a park.

Challenge Met.

Offline Johnny Wichita

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2010, 09:18:28 AM »
I really like what Linux is doing here.