Author Topic: 2015 Recruiting thread, The Bread Basket  (Read 296550 times)

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 Recruiting thread
« Reply #625 on: September 04, 2014, 11:53:36 AM »
Some of our best players have been non top 150 guys. I'm just saying, it's not all about the stars.
Ranking are so bad, they just a starting point to look at. Foster and Angel not being ranked were two of the most outrageous things I have ever seen. Another example is to look at Nebraska's new four start pg commit and compare him directly to The Flush. It blatantly apparent who the better player is.

Four Star Scrub

The Flush

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: September 04, 2014, 12:12:43 PM »
Some of our best players have been non top 150 guys. I'm just saying, it's not all about the stars.

You're right, a small percentage of the unranked guys we've gotten have been good. But you know what? Almost all of the 4* and 5* guys have been pretty good. In fact, I'd say all except for one have been huge studs.

I think it comes down on just getting good players. I think most people who followed recruiting new Jake, Denny, Angel, Foster, Westicles and Brown(:crossfingers:) were top talent guys.

I don't think oscar can keep this pace up of landing unheralded studs, last year was so special. But I think he should ability to out evaluate other staffs around the country.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: September 04, 2014, 12:19:04 PM »

You're right, a small percentage of the unranked guys we've gotten have been good. But you know what? Almost all of the 4* and 5* guys have been pretty good. In fact, I'd say all except for one have been huge studs.

Nino Williams being ranked as a four star is still so weird to me. I remember looking at his film for the first time and being very sad. I talked to Wayne Simien in an attempt to cheer me up about his fellow Pioneer, but he made me even more sad.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline SPEmaw

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: September 04, 2014, 01:11:48 PM »

Wally? Bennett? Nino?
Please don't ban me, Mr. Dave.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: September 04, 2014, 01:32:31 PM »

Wally? Bennett? Nino?

Ah, forgot about Bennett. And if I remember correctly, Nino was a midrange 3* on most sites and a 4* on only rivals. Obviously rivals is generally the most accurate one, but still.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #630 on: September 04, 2014, 01:36:28 PM »
Sutton was a 4* too. I'd say he was on the fence. I really enjoyed him tho.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: September 04, 2014, 01:40:21 PM »
Both Nino and Jamar were going to be four stars when they were going reclassified, but they both made to campus before hand.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: September 04, 2014, 02:02:35 PM »

Dom was pretty awesome, IMO. 

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: September 04, 2014, 02:03:13 PM »
Both Nino and Jamar were going to be four stars when they were going reclassified, but they both made to campus before hand.

Are you arguing that Jamar was a disappointment? 

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: September 04, 2014, 02:06:57 PM »

Dom was worth 4 stars easily. Jfc Wacky.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: September 04, 2014, 02:24:59 PM »

Are you arguing that Jamar was a disappointment?

I thought Jamar was great.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: September 04, 2014, 02:29:42 PM »

Dom was worth 4 stars easily. Jfc Wacky.
His offense was iffy, but he was electric and played great D. He also transfered, so, you know... :Ugh:
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 02:36:54 PM by WackyCat08 »

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: September 04, 2014, 03:54:19 PM »
This thread keeps getting bumped, and I keep thinking we landed some stud, but nope, just you dumb dumbs arguing with each other.

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: September 04, 2014, 06:26:37 PM »

Nino was a four star.

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: September 04, 2014, 10:43:44 PM »
Silva indicated he would like to announce his choice of college by his birthday on Sept. 19. Articles have given dates for visits to Seton Hall, Rhode Island, and South Carolina.  These same articles say he is likely to set a date for KSU.  Has anyone heard anything about an official visit scheduled for him?

Offline That_Guy

• I'm just, "That Guy!"
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: September 05, 2014, 11:21:09 AM »
Silva indicated he would like to announce his choice of college by his birthday on Sept. 19. Articles have given dates for visits to Seton Hall, Rhode Island, and South Carolina.  These same articles say he is likely to set a date for KSU.  Has anyone heard anything about an official visit scheduled for him?

Hopefully September 18th for the Auburn game and then commits to us the 19th, like said.  :crossfingers:

but, I have absolutely no clue if and when he's gonna set a date.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: September 05, 2014, 12:35:38 PM »
Let's not pretend rankings have little to no value.  Do you want your entire roster to be DITR'mined by oscar?  What if he fails to hit paydirt several years in a row?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: September 05, 2014, 12:44:10 PM »
Let's not pretend rankings have little to no value.  Do you want your entire roster to be DITR'mined by oscar?  What if he fails to hit paydirt several years in a row?
No, but places like the phog are doing the samething in reversed fashion. "Like, omg, K-State landed this Wade loser who's only a 3* (but we won't mention he's a top 150 guy)". It's very bazaare. In the last two years oscar has landed two top 150 guys and sprinkled in a few DITR that have worked out for us. One of them is favored for Big 12 player of the year.  :surprised:
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 12:54:10 PM by WackyCat08 »

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: September 05, 2014, 12:50:15 PM »
No, but places like the phog are doing the samething in reversed fashion. "Like, omg, K-State landed this Wade loser who's only a 3* (but we won't mention he's a top 150 guy)". It's very bazaare. In the last two years oscar has landed two top 150 guys and springled in a few DITR that have worked out for us. One of them is favored for Big 12 player of the year.  :surprised:

Can we get a 'shop of prospector oscar holding a pick axe with a bucket full o' Fosters next to him?  oscar - the #DITR'miner.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: September 05, 2014, 12:54:41 PM »
No, but places like the phog are doing the samething in reversed fashion. "Like, omg, K-State landed this Wade loser who's only a 3* (but we won't mention he's a top 150 guy)". It's very bazaare. In the last two years oscar has landed two top 150 guys and springled in a few DITR that have worked out for us. One of them is favored for Big 12 player of the year.  :surprised:

Can we get a 'shop of prospector oscar holding a pick axe with a bucket full o' Fosters next to him?  oscar - the #DITR'miner.
I would enjoy that!

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #645 on: September 05, 2014, 12:55:34 PM »

What's the alternative for us?  Should we just go out and grab some of the 5 star guys that we usually tell to GTFO?

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: September 05, 2014, 01:06:43 PM »

What's the alternative for us?  Should we just go out and grab some of the 5 star guys that we usually tell to GTFO?

TBH, I don't know, really.  Just needed to drop that little, ahem, gem. 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: September 05, 2014, 01:41:38 PM »
Sprac are we going to have to put you in the same category as a Phogistan never dribbled a basketball in your life recruiting fapper?

If so . . . sad

Offline Catchacold

• Combo-Fan
  • Z28gY2F0cy4=
    • View Profile
    • wildcatgrowl.com
« Reply #648 on: September 05, 2014, 01:50:29 PM »
probably fell when attempting to reconnoiter the rim

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: September 05, 2014, 03:59:31 PM »

oscar has done well in most phases of recruiting - recruiters, philosophy, and targets. It could change down the line, and it's shocking, but that's what's happened.