Author Topic: K-State DC Thread  (Read 188356 times)

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
Re: K-State DC Thread
« Reply #1200 on: February 08, 2012, 01:49:15 PM »
Washington Defense a National Joke

Mike Cox fired because of it.

“I want to thank Nick Holt, Mike Cox, and Jeff Mills for their hard work and dedication throughout the last three years,” Sarkisian said in the statement. “They were instrumental in the leadership and development of countless young men, and they have left our program in a better place.”

Many would disagree, at least in terms of football numbers. Including the bowl game, the Huskies surrendered a record-worst 453.3 yards per game.

http://uwfootball.sportspressnw.com/2011/12/31/huskies-fire-holt-two-other-assistant-coaches/

Your use of font size and bold type most certainly deliver an urgent, poignant message concerning the shortcomings of this hire.  I find the mountains of evidence you have uncovered to be damning to the Cox hire.  Absent of choices I am forced to believe what you say about this coaching hire.  You are the "captain of my soul" in terms of thoughts related to said coaching hire and others. 

Yeah, my evidence was a national ranking over the course of a season.  Yours was dismissing one game against Baylor.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: February 08, 2012, 01:55:41 PM »
How could a hire be any worse than Mike Cox? I mean, I know people are saying it's not bad, and even if that's true, how could it be worse?

Offline The Manhatter

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: February 08, 2012, 01:58:11 PM »

“I want to thank Nick Holt, Mike Cox, and Jeff Mills for their hard work and dedication throughout the last three years,” Sarkisian said in the statement. “They were instrumental in the leadership and development of countless young men, and they have left our program in a better place.”

Many would disagree, at least in terms of football numbers. Including the bowl game, the Huskies surrendered a record-worst 453.3 yards per game.

http://uwfootball.sportspressnw.com/2011/12/31/huskies-fire-holt-two-other-assistant-coaches/

Your use of font size and bold type most certainly deliver an urgent, poignant message concerning the shortcomings of this hire.  I find the mountains of evidence you have uncovered to be damning to the Cox hire.  Absent of choices I am forced to believe what you say about this coaching hire.  You are the "captain of my soul" in terms of thoughts related to said coaching hire and others. 

Yeah, my evidence was a national ranking over the course of a season.  Yours was dismissing one game against Baylor.

one season = mountains of evidence.  

I find it interesting John L. Smith kept him around for 17 years as he climbed the coaching ladder from Idaho to Utah State to Louisville to Michigan State.  Say what you want about whether he had success or not at Michigan State because a lot of coaches never make that kind of climb.  Of course most of those successful coaches don't keep bad coaches around very long.  

but I'm certainly sold on that one season at Washington.  Especially with no knowledge of injuries or personnel situations.  I will forever relinquish my opinions moving forward to you on all such matters.  You have cut through the muddy waters of decision-making in this profession and supplied me with clarity.  

sincerely,

forever 909
Academics is a stupid word.

Academic schools are synonymous for being rich, powerful and exclusive, three things Kansas State is not.

So when people throw the word "academics" around, that's really what they are referencing.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: February 08, 2012, 02:02:14 PM »
The Manhatter is very good at ending his posts. Very good with zingers.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: February 08, 2012, 02:14:30 PM »
The Manhatter is very good at ending his posts. Very good with zingers.
Zing, Zap, Zallye... man that stings!  :dubious:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: February 08, 2012, 02:28:49 PM »
You bet your zazzum-blop.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: February 08, 2012, 02:34:30 PM »
After years of quenching the thirsts of his friends and neighbors in the Northeast Kansas town of Atchison where he grew up, Grandpa Tanner decided to come to the big city and settled in Johnson County.

He envisioned a bar and grill where the service was always friendly, the food was tasty, the beer ice cold, and you could find Grandpa himself behind the bar chatting with the guests and quenching thirsts.

The first Tanner's opened on 87th Street in Lenexa, Kan., in 1985, with Grandpa Tanner and his friends building it from the ground up. From the very beginning, Tanner's Bar and Grill in Lenexa was a place where Johnson Countians from near and far traveled for an after-work drink and dinner, to watch the local boys earn another victory on TV, and to relax in a friendly atmosphere.

As you might expect, word traveled fast. Grandpa Tanner was serving up tasty food, and Tanner's Bar and Grill was THE place to hang out and watch the big games on the big screens. It wasn't long before people in other parts of the city wanted Grandpa Tanner's famous Chicken Lips©, Boogas©, and steak specials closer to their homes, too.

So Grandpa Tanner and friends opened up a new location at 119th Street (right off 69 highway) a few years later.

Not to leave out his friendly Missouri neighbors who had come across State Line so many times to visit the Kansas locations, Grandpa Tanner set out to provide even more refreshment to the Show-Me side of the big city, adding two more Bar and Grills: one in historic Waldo at 74th Terrace and Broadway, and a location downtown on 10th Street and Broadway.

Now with four locations around town, Grandpa Tanner was a busy man, but he made sure he visited all the locations as much as possible to make sure the Chicken Lips©, the Boogas©, and the beer met his satisfaction. Grandpa Tanner was pleased when he saw all the people coming to all the locations to hang out with their neighbors and friends.

Never one for idle hands, Grandpa Tanner kept on building Tanner's Bar and Grills, trying to keep up with the demands of his customers. He added locations in Lee's Summit and Blue Springs .

Grandpa Tanner was a busy man. But, he was a happy man. His dream of being "The Friendly Purveyors of Good Times, Fine Food and The Pause That Refreshes" had become a reality. Grandpa Tanner had come to the big city and done well.

In 2003, Grandpa Tanner decided to expand once again. Johnson County continues to build south with new businesses and new homes, and Grandpa Tanner wanted to make sure the newcomers to the area had a place to go for refreshment. A new location at 143rd and Metcalf opened. With more televisions than any other Tanner's location, 143rd and Metcalf quickly became the place to watch KU football and basketball, the Chiefs, and every other game on television.

Other towns are seeing how the good the great people of Kansas City have it, and are demanding a Tanner's of their own. A New location opened in the fall of 2003 in Omaha, Neb. Nebraska, Creighton and UNO fans can be found celebrating their teams victories at the location in Omaha.

Grandpa Tanner doesn't make it around to all the locations as often as he would like. Driving around the big city all the time is a big task. But he still likes to stop in one of the Tanner's location every single day of the week, just to make sure everything is up to his high standards.

The next time you visit Tanner's Bar and Grill, take a peek behind the bar. You just might see Grandpa Tanner, serving up drinks and chatting with the customers, just as he's done for more than 20 years.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: February 08, 2012, 02:41:22 PM »
Overall this must be a decent hire. I was expecting a much larger meltdown today. It is noted that some of you have not disappointed.

catzacker

« Reply #1208 on: February 08, 2012, 02:50:59 PM »
It's really not that Mike Cox or Tom Hayes are awful, it's just awful that they are the best we could do.

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: February 08, 2012, 02:51:30 PM »
I was at Tanners last night having my Royals season ticket draft  :D
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: February 08, 2012, 02:54:49 PM »

I find it interesting John L. Smith kept him around for 17 years as he climbed the coaching ladder from Idaho to Utah State to Louisville to Michigan State.  Say what you want about whether he had success or not at Michigan State because a lot of coaches never make that kind of climb.  Of course most of those successful coaches don't keep bad coaches around very long.  

but I'm certainly sold on that one season at Washington.  Especially with no knowledge of injuries or personnel situations.  I will forever relinquish my opinions moving forward to you on all such matters.  You have cut through the muddy waters of decision-making in this profession and supplied me with clarity.  

sincerely,

forever 909

the Huskies surrendered a record-worst 453.3 yards per game

:lol:

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: February 08, 2012, 03:16:28 PM »
10-3

59-20 vs ku

ISWT

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: February 08, 2012, 03:31:20 PM »
No more Tanner's in Wichita.   :bawl:

Thank God I have a small collection of Tanner's plastic cups.

Offline The Manhatter

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: February 08, 2012, 03:55:39 PM »

sincerely,

forever 909

Due to yet another emphatic and impenetrable reply I'm forced to ask how may I serve you, sir?  One thing I wasn't aware of prior to reading in this thread is that the LBs are solely responsible for the other 8 positions on the defense and the LB coach responsible for more than just his LB duties.  I stand corrected and even in doing so I am standing as strong as a wet noodle in high gusting winds.  The winds of 909.

Academic schools are synonymous for being rich, powerful and exclusive, three things Kansas State is not.

So when people throw the word "academics" around, that's really what they are referencing.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: February 08, 2012, 03:58:34 PM »
more.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1215 on: February 08, 2012, 04:00:45 PM »
Due to his experience in WA. I think it's safe to say our LBs are going to WAbash the hell out of the competition next year!!!!   :excited:

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: February 08, 2012, 04:03:49 PM »
 :dubious:

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: February 08, 2012, 04:04:05 PM »
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: February 08, 2012, 04:32:31 PM »

sincerely,

forever 909

Due to yet another emphatic and impenetrable reply I'm forced to ask how may I serve you, sir?  One thing I wasn't aware of prior to reading in this thread is that the LBs are solely responsible for the other 8 positions on the defense and the LB coach responsible for more than just his LB duties.  I stand corrected and even in doing so I am standing as strong as a wet noodle in high gusting winds.  The winds of 909.

“They were instrumental in the leadership and development of countless young men, and they have left our program in a better place.”

Many would disagree...

Offline The Manhatter

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: February 08, 2012, 04:39:39 PM »
no mas.  I am withered and worn.  broken down.  battered.  bruised.  succumbed with tail between my legs.  I cannot compete on with this scale of font.  the words of a sportswriter are not to my musings and especially when those words are in 8" letters. 

game-set-909! :frown:

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: February 08, 2012, 04:45:41 PM »
Was he just fired?  Yes.  Yes he was.  That's something.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: February 08, 2012, 04:58:31 PM »
Pretty much ever position coach has been fired at some point.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: February 08, 2012, 05:01:29 PM »
Still, it's something. I didn't say it was everything, but it's something.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: February 08, 2012, 05:13:49 PM »
 :facepalm:

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile