Author Topic: Is this a .500 Big 12 conference team?  (Read 11440 times)

catzacker

Re: Is this a .500 Big 12 conference team?
« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2011, 10:37:12 AM »
KU, MU, UT, A&M and Baylor are better than us.  The Big 12 is not getting 60% of its teams into the tourney.  NIT #3 seed.  8-10 in conf.  

can we remove aTm from the "clearly better than KSU category?"

yes.  however what team(s) are we going to sweep to make up for losing home games against BU and/or KU and/or MU, possibly and/or UT? Maybe ISU and TT.  Maybe.  

You are a rough ridin' curmudgeon.  Go snort some ecstasy.

Offline slimz

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 23, 2011, 10:58:44 AM »
KU, MU, UT, A&M and Baylor are better than us.  The Big 12 is not getting 60% of its teams into the tourney.  NIT #3 seed.  8-10 in conf.  

yes.  however what team(s) are we going to sweep to make up for losing home games against BU and/or KU and/or MU, possibly and/or UT? Maybe ISU and TT.  Maybe.  

You are a rough ridin' curmudgeon.  Go snort some ecstasy.

OSU looks pretty crappy so far.   :dunno:

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 23, 2011, 11:10:17 AM »
OSU looks really crappy.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 23, 2011, 11:13:35 AM »
KU, MU, UT, A&M and Baylor are better than us.  The Big 12 is not getting 60% of its teams into the tourney.  NIT #3 seed.  8-10 in conf. 

yes.  however what team(s) are we going to sweep to make up for losing home games against BU and/or KU and/or MU, possibly and/or UT? Maybe ISU and TT.  Maybe. 

And Maybe OSU and OU. Sheesh.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 23, 2011, 11:19:13 AM »
KU, MU, UT, A&M and Baylor are better than us.  The Big 12 is not getting 60% of its teams into the tourney.  NIT #3 seed.  8-10 in conf. 

yes.  however what team(s) are we going to sweep to make up for losing home games against BU and/or KU and/or MU, possibly and/or UT? Maybe ISU and TT.  Maybe. 

We might lose 1 or 2 home games, I don't see us losing 3 or more.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Is this a .500 Big 12 conference team?
« Reply #55 on: December 23, 2011, 11:39:08 AM »
OSU is trash this year.  So we will prob lose to them at home after some game that made us feel all extra awesome and stuff.

Sent from my MB611 using Tapatalk

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 23, 2011, 11:41:29 AM »
I just want someone to knock georgy porgy the eff out. Can that be done?

I've often debated whether I would like him or not if he were on our team, I hope not

catzacker

« Reply #57 on: December 23, 2011, 12:38:15 PM »

those would be the other canidates, but we haven't beaten OSU in stillwater for like 2 decades and OU isn't that bad at all with Lonnie.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 23, 2011, 12:41:19 PM »

those would be the other canidates, but we haven't beaten OSU in stillwater for like 2 decades and OU isn't that bad at all with Lonnie.

OSU hasn't been this shitty for like two decades. But I'm sure the performance of Dana, Tom, and Jim in Stillwater will be a big hurdle to overcome. So great point.

catzacker

« Reply #59 on: December 23, 2011, 12:45:56 PM »

OSU hasn't been this shitty for like two decades. But I'm sure the performance of Dana, Tom, and Jim in Stillwater will be a big hurdle to overcome. So great point.

...and frank?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 23, 2011, 12:53:30 PM »

...and frank?

Never mind. Write down @OSU as a loss. In pen.

Offline bradleigh

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 23, 2011, 02:17:07 PM »
Catzacker, do you (and dax) want to Fire Frank?  I've followed the talking points, but I'm not sure if that's your end game or what.
2/8/11 - Never Forget

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 23, 2011, 02:27:55 PM »
Catzacker, do you (and dax) want to Fire Frank?  I've followed the talking points, but I'm not sure if that's your end game or what.

Some men just want to watch the world burn.

catzacker

« Reply #63 on: December 23, 2011, 02:58:33 PM »
Catzacker, do you (and dax) want to Fire Frank?  I've followed the talking points, but I'm not sure if that's your end game or what.

Some men just want to watch the world burn.

have you seen the dark knight rises trailer(s)?   :love:
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 03:15:08 PM by catzacker »

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 23, 2011, 07:06:13 PM »
My favorite thing about the team so far this year is that the team is playing really well and someone is shooting free throws and I get a shot of the bench. I then realize we are doing well with guys like Rodney, Gip, Jamar, Will, etc. on the bench. This make me very optimistic about this season. Will we be world beaters? I doubt it. Sweet 16 team by march. I can see it.

10-8/11-7.

Offline EMAW4life-JHL

• Combo-Fan
  • Morgan Freeman's childhood friend/worst poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 24, 2011, 10:00:50 AM »
My favorite thing about the team so far this year is that the team is playing really well and someone is shooting free throws and I get a shot of the bench. I then realize we are doing well with guys like Rodney, Gip, Jamar, Will, etc. on the bench. This make me very optimistic about this season. Will we be world beaters? I doubt it. Sweet 16 team by march. I can see it.

10-8/11-7.
This is one of our deepest teams i can remember ever. We're a stud scorer away from a final four.
I think we'll surprise people. 15-3 or 14-4.
Go Home Dad you're drunk

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 24, 2011, 10:40:57 AM »
Remember when Beasley left and people said we would be a better "team"?  I'm still not sure how they were defining that, but maybe that's how they're using it here?
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 24, 2011, 10:45:50 AM »
Remember when Beasley left and people said we would be a better "team"? 

No, I don't, actually.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 24, 2011, 11:19:52 AM »

10-8/11-7.

Fully on board with this.  11-7 this year would be amazing and looking more and more doable.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 24, 2011, 11:52:31 AM »
Remember when Beasley left and people said we would be a better "team"?  I'm still not sure how they were defining that, but maybe that's how they're using it here?

I do, they were wrong though.  Not a bad team, but def. not a better one.
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 24, 2011, 01:05:15 PM »

10-8/11-7.

I think 11-7 is pretty realistic. Probably 7-2 at home and 4-5 on the road.

Fully on board with this.  11-7 this year would be amazing and looking more and more doable.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 24, 2011, 01:24:35 PM »
Remember when Beasley left and people said we would be a better "team"? 

No, I don't, actually.

Something about better ball movement/maximizing all available talent rather than just one player. Also, to clarify, I'm pretty sure "people" was primarily gpc et al. The "playing basketball the 'right way'" crowd.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 24, 2011, 01:52:00 PM »
Round robin play is an absolute delight, so blessed.  10-8 sounds just about right.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 24, 2011, 02:08:44 PM »

10-8/11-7.
This is one of our deepest teams i can remember ever. We're a stud scorer away from a final four.
I think we'll surprise people. 15-3 or 14-4.
We can score at will with are ball screen offense with #teamangel... not concerned with a go to guy
« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 03:26:03 PM by Mixed-Nutz »

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #74 on: December 24, 2011, 02:43:18 PM »

We're going to win the conference.  It's embarrassing that a thread this Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) exists on this board.

Our only competition is Missouri and Baylor.  Missouri doesn't have any forwards and Baylor still doesn't play defense.  Both teams are dreadful on the road.  After these three teams, there's a huge drop off in competition not worth discussing. 
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd