Author Topic: Studies in sociobiology: Has there ever existed a more unintelligent group?  (Read 6848 times)

Offline J

• Katpak'r
  • Just call me "Hollywood"
    • View Profile
I mean, I know incest is like feeding and drinking down there, so at least we can attribute the collective stupidity to something evolutionarily based, but is Arkansas the most unintelligent group of people in the history of mankind? Specifically those who cheer for the University College of Arkansas Razorbacks?

I need hard statistics here, people. What I've noticed is subjectively based, so I need someone to look up the numbers for me.

I only ask because I've never been as superior to such a sheer number of people as I am the Arkansas College fans.

tia

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline eastcat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • Labeled by children.
    • View Profile
It's difficult to get census data out of Arkansas considering the nomadic nature of trailer parks, however we have considered electronic tagging.

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Arkansas ranked 48th in the percentage of adults aged 25 to 64 with a bachelor’s degree or higher (20.3%) and 50th (last among the states) in the percentage with a graduate or professional degree (6.5%).
Relative to the U.S. average,

Arkansas has larger percentages of adults who have less than a high school education, completed just a high school diploma, and completed some college but no degree, and smaller percentages with college degrees – associate and higher (see below).

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Arkansas ranked 48th in the percentage of adults aged 25 to 64 with a bachelor’s degree or higher (20.3%) and 50th (last among the states) in the percentage with a graduate or professional degree (6.5%).

Arkansas has larger percentages of adults who have less than a high school education, completed just a high school diploma, and completed some college but no degree, and smaller percentages with college degrees – associate and higher (see below).

:kstategrad:
:adios:

Offline SuckmyHog

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile

Nice! Now how come none of your educated people are on this board??? Hmm...makes one think, doesn't it? :popcorn:

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile

Nice! Now how come none of your educated people are on this board??? Hmm...makes one think, doesn't it? :popcorn:

Look at you, using the quote function!

:adios:

Offline J

• Katpak'r
  • Just call me "Hollywood"
    • View Profile
 :lol: i just gets better and better...

Offline ShoelessWes

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
According to US News and World Report, the average income for a new graduate from Kansas State University is $28,732.  The average income for a new graduate from The University of Arkansas is $46,598.

It probably has something to do with having the second best Business College in The United States.  The most common occupation of a Kansas State Graduate is "Agricultural Laborer or Owner".  Whereas the most common occupation of an Arkansas Graduate is "Business Administration".

The statistics that most of you keep dredging up are skewed greatly by the Delta region of Arkansas.  NWA has leaps and bounds more wealth than Manhattan and the surrounding areas.

Offline the KHAN!

• Katpak'r
  • The Prince of Darkness and Sorrow
    • View Profile
link
The Scheme Doctor
Up the Banana Wall

Offline ShoelessWes

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
link

Seeing if I can get a screenshot.  Dug it up using the library's paid media service.  Might be able to get the actual issue as well, in lieu of a screenshot.  It is from '07, I can see that much.

Offline WildcatNation

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Studies in sociobiology: Has there ever existed a more unintelligent group?
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2011, 02:56:03 PM »
According to US News and World Report, the average income for a new graduate from Kansas State University is $28,732.  The average income for a new graduate from The University of Arkansas is $46,598.

It probably has something to do with having the second best Business College in The United States.  The most common occupation of a Kansas State Graduate is "Agricultural Laborer or Owner".  Whereas the most common occupation of an Arkansas Graduate is "Business Administration".

The statistics that most of you keep dredging up are skewed greatly by the Delta region of Arkansas.  NWA has leaps and bounds more wealth than Manhattan and the surrounding areas.

Sorry PigAggie

http://www.payscale.com/best-colleges/top-state-universities.asp

Kansas State University (KSU)
State Schools
Median Starting Salary $44,500
Mid Career Median Salary $74,700

University of Arkansas   
Median Starting Salary $41,100   
Mid Career Median Salary $77,900

Offline ShoelessWes

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2011, 03:00:02 PM »
State Schools

University of Arkansas   

Yours is from a different source, and could definitely be considered a "push", in direction towards downgrading Arkansas---it doesn't do much.

Offline WildcatNation

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2011, 03:01:50 PM »
State Schools

University of Arkansas   

Yours is from a different source, and could definitely be considered a "push", in direction towards downgrading Arkansas---it doesn't do much.

Why would anyone ever want to downgrade the top university in the most academically prestigious conference in the country? 

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2011, 03:02:09 PM »
My penis is bigger.

Offline ShoelessWes

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2011, 03:03:06 PM »
Why would anyone ever want to downgrade the top university in the most academically prestigious conference in the country? 

Please, don't EVER bring up the University of Texas again.

Offline ShoelessWes

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2011, 03:03:49 PM »
My penis is bigger.

I'll give you that.

Offline Ira Hayes

• Created #RayRayForAD
  • Katpak'r
  • The Marine that went to war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2011, 03:10:29 PM »

It probably has something to do with writing off a large chunk of revenue because KSU grads are "Owners."  Perhaps you don't understand accounting.

Offline WildcatNation

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2011, 03:12:39 PM »

It probably has something to do with writing off a large chunk of revenue because KSU grads are "Owners."  Perhaps you don't understand accounting.

Whoa, whoa, whoa! They have the best business school ever though?

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2011, 03:37:56 PM »

The Harvard of the South.

Offline the KHAN!

• Katpak'r
  • The Prince of Darkness and Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2011, 03:39:38 PM »

So they have books at this school?
The Scheme Doctor
Up the Banana Wall

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2011, 03:40:37 PM »

So they have books at this school?

Three

Offline Sliver72

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
  • EMAR..or EPAR...I like the sound of that.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2011, 04:22:59 PM »
My penis is bigger.
You mean the one in your butt or the one you were born with?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2011, 04:27:56 PM »

I tried to google Arkansas' legendary business school, and all I got was this.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2011, 04:30:01 PM »
My penis is bigger.
You mean the one in your butt or the one you were born with?

:blush:

Offline WildcatNation

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2011, 12:52:30 AM »

I tried to google Arkansas' legendary business school, and all I got was this.
I interviewed for an internship there. They laughed at KSU being on my resume  :chainsaw: