Author Topic: So, Why Razorbacks?  (Read 1879 times)

Offline Big Sam

• King of the Tucks
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
So, Why Razorbacks?
« on: December 05, 2011, 04:51:10 PM »
Seriously, why that name?

I mean, bacon isn't that terrifying.  And let's be honest, it just doesn't fit the culture of Arkie-land today.

Why not the "Turkey Inseminators."  It more accurately describes the states man vocational field.

If not, you could be the "Deep Discounters."  Sam Walton would have been proud. 

If you notice, I didn't even bring up the "Klansmen" issue even though the spelling appears to come right out of that excellent Arkie public school system. 

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline HogFan82

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
Re: So, Why Razorbacks?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 04:53:41 PM »

I mean, bacon isn't that terrifying.  And let's be honest, it just doesn't fit the culture of Arkie-land today.

Why not the "Turkey Inseminators."  It more accurately describes the states man vocational field.

If you notice, I didn't even bring up the "Klansmen" issue even though the spelling appears to come right out of that excellent Arkie public school system. 

College Football Hall of Fame coach Hugo Bezdek proclaimed his team played "like a wild band of razorback hogs". The name proved so popular that it was changed for the 1910 season. The famous yell, “Woo, Pig! Sooie” was added in the 1920s.

Offline the KHAN!

• Katpak'r
  • The Prince of Darkness and Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 04:54:53 PM »
...and college football fans have been laughing ever since.
The Scheme Doctor
Up the Banana Wall

Offline LibraryHog

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 04:55:05 PM »

Oh Arizona or wait.  Kentucky.  You'll always be the third best bunch of Wildcats around.  Nice try.

Try getting to that 64-40 domination that the REAL University in Lawrence has over you in football before you talk to us.  I mean jesus christ, Kansas considers Mizzou as their biggest rival than their own in-state University who is supposed to be equal.

Maybe now that Mizzou is joining a REAL conference, you can be recognized in your own state.

Offline theKSU

• Katpak'r
  • Team KSU
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 04:57:08 PM »

College Football Hall of Fame coach Hugo Bezdek proclaimed his team played "like a wild band of razorback hogs". The name proved so popular that it was changed for the 1910 season. The famous yell, “Woo, Pig! Sooie” was added in the 1920s.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2011, 04:57:16 PM »
Ooh ooh what about Arkansas Roll Backs.  you could have the Wal Mart Smiley thing!!!

Offline LibraryHog

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2011, 04:58:51 PM »

I see.  The state of Kansas hasn't even gotten past using "Cool story, bro".  That's so 2005, bro.

Offline Fayettechill

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2011, 05:00:39 PM »
Kansas State could join the Mountain West and KU wouldn't give a crap. Missouri leaves for the SEC and KU is pissed that they are losing an actual rivalry.

Offline the KHAN!

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2011, 05:01:44 PM »
Dude, why are you looking to KU for validation? WHY?
The Scheme Doctor
Up the Banana Wall

Offline FP TC etc.

• Katpak'r
  • USA! USA! USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2011, 05:06:47 PM »
I think you're looking for phog.net...? They will love your validation.

Offline LibraryHog

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2011, 05:07:19 PM »

You are nothing until you can beat your own in-state rivals.  They don't even validate YOU.

Offline the KHAN!

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2011, 05:08:35 PM »

You are nothing until you can beat your own in-state rivals.  They don't even validate YOU.

We beat them. Silly.
The Scheme Doctor
Up the Banana Wall

Offline LibraryHog

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2011, 05:10:28 PM »

We beat them. Silly.

64-40.

You will never live life long enough to be on top of KU.

Offline FP TC etc.

• Katpak'r
  • USA! USA! USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2011, 05:12:08 PM »

We beat them. Silly.

64-40.

You will never live life long enough to be on top of KU.

Why are all time records so important to these people? Like I care what happened in 1873  :lol:

Offline the KHAN!

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2011, 05:12:21 PM »
Are you suggesting I won't live another 25 years?

Tell me more.
The Scheme Doctor
Up the Banana Wall

Offline #1RazorbackFan

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2011, 05:16:59 PM »
Because "Wildcats" was taken by 60 other teams.