Author Topic: A Cyclone Fan's Unfortunate Lasting Impression.  (Read 2289 times)

Offline KCGuy

• Taco Walk'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
A Cyclone Fan's Unfortunate Lasting Impression.
« on: December 05, 2011, 01:54:35 PM »
Full Disclosure – I am a Cyclone Fan.

Went to my first football game at LHC Bill Snyder Stadium – actually got tickets from friends that are K-State Alumni and huge fans – great people.

Got to Stadium early (what terrible weather) with my brother, his two friends, my pregnant wife, and our 6 and 4 year old (big car).  As their appeared to be a very small crowd – my brother went up to the parking attendant and asked if we could park in one of the hundreds of empty spots West of the Stadium for $50.  Being a college kid – he/she accepted.  We parked as far away from the stadium (we wanted to be close to a porta-potty for our kids) as possible and sat in the car until the 1pm game time.  There were literally dozens of open spots around when we walked in.  I/we recognized the spots were numbered, but people seemed to be driving around and coordinating their tailgates – so nothing seemed reserved – just numbered.  Also, as those of you that went will agree – it was not a big crowd because of the weather.

Game was great – fans there are fantastic – tons of similarities between the look and feel of ISU and K-State from a football experience.  Good people – loud fans – but all really nice.  The people we sat with were all Wildcats and all really great people. 

After the game (as my family and I sat separate from my brother and his crew) – my wife and our two girls went out to the car.  We had to wait outside as my brother had the keys and he and his crew were much slower getting to the car.  To our surprise - we were met by a very angry woman that said “You shouldn’t park here - this isn't for Cyclone fans (we had an Iowa State Alumni license tag holder) - we pay $1000 dollars to park here - this is our spot, etc.”  I apologized as I didn’t know we were in anyone’s spot, and she got in her silver Jeep Rubicon (that was parked in the very next space) and left.

After we stood there for a bit – we recognized our tire was flat.  Then we recognized all our tire caps had been taken off.  Then we realized there was not a nail or screw in our tire – our tire had been intentionally deflated.  Classy.

So – my kids waited out in the cold with my pregnant wife as I tried to find some help with our tire.  To be fair – a really nice K-State guy came up and apologized about what had happened to us, had a battery powered air pump, and he filled the tire up.  While I wish this guy’s help could offset the impression left from the flat tire – it just can’t. 

In the end – when I look back – I can’t help but let this issue impact my otherwise fantastic impression of Kansas State from this game.  The utterly classless, thoughtless, and juvenile move of deflating someone’s tire is hard to forget – especially because if it’s impact on my kids and wife.  Be mad at me, my brother, etc – that is fine.  Be mad at the parking lot attendee that let us in – that is fine.  Be mad at yourself for not showing up to a game that was supposed to start at 11:30 until sometime after 1 (we walked in right at kick-off).  Deflating someone’s tire is, in a word, “pathetic”.  So, to those K-State fans in the Silver Rubicon… congratulations on single handedly taking a positive impact provided by 30,000+ Wildcats and ruining it for some Kansas City Iowa State fans.  Despite your stupid move – one of your alumni came up and filled our tire up with air.  We drove back to KC – the tire is still fine – but our impression of Manhattan is far more mixed than it would have been otherwise.   The only thing you were successful in was making a (pregnant) woman and two little girls really cold after the game – and a lot of other people disgusted.  Congratulations.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline the KHAN!

• Katpak'r
  • The Prince of Darkness and Sorrow
    • View Profile
Re: A Cyclone Fan's Unfortunate Lasting Impression.
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 01:57:12 PM »
She was probably a gopowercat poster. Don't worry about it, she'll be dealt with.
The Scheme Doctor
Up the Banana Wall

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 02:01:03 PM »
why would you take a pregnant person to a very loud stadium? thats pretty inconsiderate of you

Offline gokatgo

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 02:01:46 PM »
So – my kids waited out in the cold with my pregnant wife as I tried to find some help with our tire.

Do the doors not open when the tires go flat?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 02:02:39 PM »
I usually have my driver deal with flats.  What is wrong with this guy?

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2011, 02:02:58 PM »
Deflating it is a much, much more considerate thing than popping it, right?  :dunno:

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2011, 02:03:27 PM »
What kind of dumbshit would park in the donor lots? You're lucky you're not still in Manhattan calling impound lots asking for your car.

I have never even considered donor lots an option while at a road game.

The flood water must have seeped into your brain

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2011, 02:03:58 PM »
The only thing you were successful in was making a (pregnant) woman and two little girls really cold after the game – and a lot of other people disgusted.  Congratulations.

You probably should have let your wife and kids sit in the car and turn the heater on instead of punishing them for your transgressions.

Game was great – fans there are fantastic – tons of similarities between the look and feel of ISU and K-State from a football experience.
OVER THE LINE!

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2011, 02:04:11 PM »
Listen, we don't care.  That story is way too long to read.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2011, 02:04:26 PM »
I'm just leaving this board until after the Cotton Bowl.  See you all in the Pat Bosco extravaganza.

Offline OB_Won

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2011, 02:04:44 PM »
The only thing you were successful in was making a (pregnant) woman and two little girls really cold after the game

I can't reread this crap, so maybe i missed a detail, but how did a flat tire have any effect on the car's interior and/or heating system?

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2011, 02:06:22 PM »
The only thing you were successful in was making a (pregnant) woman and two little girls really cold after the game

I can't reread this crap, so maybe i missed a detail, but how did a flat tire have any effect on the car's interior and/or heating system?

I'm still trying figure this one out.  Is it one of those new Chevy Volts?  I have no idea how those work.

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2011, 02:11:25 PM »
Full Disclosure – I am a Cyclone Fan.

Went to my first football game at LHC Bill Snyder Stadium – actually got tickets from friends that are K-State Alumni and huge fans – great people.

Got to Stadium early (what terrible weather) with my brother, his two friends, my pregnant wife, and our 6 and 4 year old (big car).  As their appeared to be a very small crowd – my brother went up to the parking attendant and asked if we could park in one of the hundreds of empty spots West of the Stadium for $50.  Being a college kid – he/she accepted.  We parked as far away from the stadium (we wanted to be close to a porta-potty for our kids) as possible and sat in the car until the 1pm game time.  There were literally dozens of open spots around when we walked in.  I/we recognized the spots were numbered, but people seemed to be driving around and coordinating their tailgates – so nothing seemed reserved – just numbered.  Also, as those of you that went will agree – it was not a big crowd because of the weather.

Game was great – fans there are fantastic – tons of similarities between the look and feel of ISU and K-State from a football experience.  Good people – loud fans – but all really nice.  The people we sat with were all Wildcats and all really great people. 

After the game (as my family and I sat separate from my brother and his crew) – my wife and our two girls went out to the car.  We had to wait outside as my brother had the keys and he and his crew were much slower getting to the car.  To our surprise - we were met by a very angry woman that said “You shouldn’t park here - this isn't for Cyclone fans (we had an Iowa State Alumni license tag holder) - we pay $1000 dollars to park here - this is our spot, etc.”  I apologized as I didn’t know we were in anyone’s spot, and she got in her silver Jeep Rubicon (that was parked in the very next space) and left.

After we stood there for a bit – we recognized our tire was flat.  Then we recognized all our tire caps had been taken off.  Then we realized there was not a nail or screw in our tire – our tire had been intentionally deflated.  Classy.

So – my kids waited out in the cold with my pregnant wife as I tried to find some help with our tire.  To be fair – a really nice K-State guy came up and apologized about what had happened to us, had a battery powered air pump, and he filled the tire up.  While I wish this guy’s help could offset the impression left from the flat tire – it just can’t. 

In the end – when I look back – I can’t help but let this issue impact my otherwise fantastic impression of Kansas State from this game.  The utterly classless, thoughtless, and juvenile move of deflating someone’s tire is hard to forget – especially because if it’s impact on my kids and wife.  Be mad at me, my brother, etc – that is fine.  Be mad at the parking lot attendee that let us in – that is fine.  Be mad at yourself for not showing up to a game that was supposed to start at 11:30 until sometime after 1 (we walked in right at kick-off).  Deflating someone’s tire is, in a word, “pathetic”.  So, to those K-State fans in the Silver Rubicon… congratulations on single handedly taking a positive impact provided by 30,000+ Wildcats and ruining it for some Kansas City Iowa State fans.  Despite your stupid move – one of your alumni came up and filled our tire up with air.  We drove back to KC – the tire is still fine – but our impression of Manhattan is far more mixed than it would have been otherwise.   The only thing you were successful in was making a (pregnant) woman and two little girls really cold after the game – and a lot of other people disgusted.  Congratulations.

didn't make it to the last couple paragraphs. sounds like you had a great time.  :thumbs:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2011, 02:18:10 PM »
Damn, that sucks. You did park in the wrong lot, but deflating your tire was uncalled for. It only takes one rotten apple to spoil the whole bunch.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2011, 02:18:27 PM »
sorry man. sounds pretty awful. Glad you made it back safely.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2011, 02:21:27 PM »
Had my tires deflated during a storm once.  It was awful.  My infant son and I were absolutely drenched.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2011, 02:23:55 PM »
Had my tires deflated during a storm once.  It was awful.  My infant son and I were absolutely drenched.

T&P

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2011, 02:26:30 PM »
Guys, someone blackmailed me into deflating some Cyclone fan's tires at the game.  I don't even care if the photos get released anymore.  I just want to sleep at night again.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2011, 02:28:25 PM »
IF this story is true, I have a few comments.

1.  It sucks someone was juvenile enough to let the air out of your tires.
2.  You broke the rules and parked in a reserved spot, you are lucky you weren't towed.   That REALLY would have made your family cold.
3.  As mentioned above, why did your family stand out in the cold (which really wasn't very cold, BTW) instead of sitting in the car.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2011, 02:30:13 PM »
Guys, someone blackmailed me into deflating some Cyclone fan's tires at the game.  I don't even care if the photos get released anymore.  I just want to sleep at night again.

They can trace this back to you!